Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to PVP: Questions about stamina build

JeanParisot
JeanParisot
Soul Shriven
I'm still very new to PVP. I'm currently trying a build focused mostly on dual-wielding stamina abilities. I'm wearing 5 medium, 1 heavy and 1 light and have most of my attribute points in stamina but I'm having trouble keeping my stamina high enough to use abilities, what with all the sneaking and blocking I have nothing left to use my abilities.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, invest in food and potions. Second, learn to weave in heavy attacks to replenish stamina when you can. Third, use stam reduction rather than stam regen on your jewelery if you aren't already.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on March 4, 2015 11:26PM
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • JeanParisot
    JeanParisot
    Soul Shriven
    A stamina build, one of the three build lines should be able to function without relying on potions though. I understand that potions can be great to maximise, but with sneaking in an expansive world I lose about a third of my stamina before I reach my targets.

It just strikes me that stamina builds are naturally nerfed in the game and that a magic-damage based build would be more stable since you wouldn't rely on your stamina other than to sneak and block.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All builds rely on potions to an extent.

Stamina builds aren't "naturally nerfed" they just present a different playstyle than magicka builds. Keep in mind magicka builds naturally have much less stamina and stamina regeneration so don't assume that magicka builds have an advantage when it comes to sneaking, blocking, and CC-breaking.

Also, when you are trying to sneak up on targets try to let your stamina replenish a bit once you get into position before opening up on your target.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on March 5, 2015 12:09AM
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • JeanParisot
    JeanParisot
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, I'll keep trying to work with it.