Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I Use the PTS Download to Play On Live?

rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
I mean, 1.6 is what, 30GB?

I don't want to download it all again when it goes live. Can I copy the PTS game folder for live?
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, 1.6 is what, 30GB?

I don't want to download it all again when it goes live. Can I copy the PTS game folder for live?

Dam good question!
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    very unlikely since release will not be same version as on pts
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »

Yeah, thats true... dang it.

Another 2 days downloading with my awesome connection. =\
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭

Usually, since I play on both servers, I download to 1 of them, make a copy, then delete all version references from the copy.

After that, install all the new material left in the other server's folder, and start download and switch it to "Repair".

Seems to work.

Was wondering if the same would be true of the PTS, or are all the files specially tagged as "PTS" which would prevent it?
  • rsiloliveiraub17_ESO
    Romo wrote: »

Usually, since I play on both servers, I download to 1 of them, make a copy, then delete all version references from the copy.

After that, install all the new material left in the other server's folder, and start download and switch it to "Repair".

Seems to work.

Was wondering if the same would be true of the PTS, or are all the files specially tagged as "PTS" which would prevent it?

It worked!
  • raishyr
    raishyr
    Soul Shriven
    Confirming this worked for me too on two separate Windows PCs
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It worked, thank you!
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI