Maintenance for the week of March 8:
•  [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 8, 2:00AM EST (7:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
•  Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance  – March 10, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
•  PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 10, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Returning to ESO need advice/suggestions on 2hander build.

n0x
n0x
So as the title states, I am returning to ESO. Yay! I have the imperial edition and played at launch. Glad to see many of the bugs fixed, and glad to see the VR ranks/grind is kind of done with. Champion system looks tight though.. ANYWAYS...

I have a VR 1Vampire NB... I played assassination DW the whole way up. But I tend to always want to play (in any game) a tanky DPS build that is always wielding a large two hander..

I want to restart completely. With the imperial edition, I can pick any race for any faction. so there is no limitation from there.... I don't really want to have to gather 95 mobs and AoE, I will probably want to jump into PVP.

Any suggestions on what I can try out?

Thanks guys/gals!
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina 5med/2heavy Templar with 2-hander seems to be working for me pretty well! I went with Orc, just for the bulk factor more than anything else.
  • n0x
    n0x
    ive never played a Templar.. but was thinking about it... hmmm interesting.
    maybe a link for your build?
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    n0x wrote: »
    ive never played a Templar.. but was thinking about it... hmmm interesting.
    maybe a link for your build?

    He's only mid level right now as rolled him up earlier in the week - but here's a build that i'm leaning towards:

    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/jabsmania-templar-stamina-dd-build-for-update-1-6/

    Stamina looks to be getting a nice buff in 1.6 and that's just around the corner. It's been a while since I played templar though so i'm a bit rusty - but it's nice to see the DPS and survivability of them judging by the PTS.
  • n0x
    n0x
    cool ill check it out. thanks for the suggestion..

  • n0x
    n0x
    any other suggestions? is there maybe a life stealing build? a viable/current Shadow Knight build heavy armor life steal 2 hander type build?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n0x wrote: »
    So as the title states, I am returning to ESO. Yay! I have the imperial edition and played at launch. Glad to see many of the bugs fixed, and glad to see the VR ranks/grind is kind of done with. Champion system looks tight though.. ANYWAYS...

    I have a VR 1Vampire NB... I played assassination DW the whole way up. But I tend to always want to play (in any game) a tanky DPS build that is always wielding a large two hander..

    I want to restart completely. With the imperial edition, I can pick any race for any faction. so there is no limitation from there.... I don't really want to have to gather 95 mobs and AoE, I will probably want to jump into PVP.

    Any suggestions on what I can try out?

    Thanks guys/gals!

    It's my understanding that you need the "explorer's pack" to play any race in any faction. Imperial edition only allows you to play an imperial in any alliance.

    Oh and Check out @Deltia's "One shot willy" build if your interested in a good 2H.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty @Cuyler for recommendation!
    In-game @Deltia | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • n0x
    n0x
    it was included with my imperial edition. I can make any race in any faction. I for sure check it out. Is there a link?
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    n0x wrote: »
    it was included with my imperial edition. I can make any race in any faction. I for sure check it out. Is there a link?

    I believe the Imp edition gives you the unlock perk. I've bought it and have access to all races and all factions - but that was a while ago.

    I've always wanted a Dreadknight build ala SOE's Vanguard so I figured a NB with heavy armour, a 2-hander and magicka based would probably do the trick - plenty of life-steal skills (single target and AoE) and DOTs to give it that essence.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars make for great 2H users, especially in 1.6. Dragonknights are also the top dogs for 2H DPS, and are actually more brutish in my opinion if that's a factor you want to take in. Sorcerers seem more like Mage Student Outcasts that couldn't make the cut for being a mage but did incredibly well as warriors and now use what limited magics they have with their sword skills, and Nightblades remind me of either high priced mercenaries and or assassins, using shadow techniques and advanced weapon abilities to take out enemies.

    Recap!

    Templars = Holy warriors, Warrior Exorcists, Combat Clerics, Demon Slayers. Can heal themselves but are best letting Rally do the work.

    Dragonknights = Pyro Knights, Dragon Theme Warriors, Fiery Combatants, Reavers on the Battlefield. Lots of AoE, kick ass fire stuff, even more kick ass self heals. Kinda lack an execute outside of Executioner sadly.

    Sorcerers = Spell Sword, Outcast Mage Knight, Lightning Blades, Storm Warriors, Daedric Rangers. Enjoy the pets and/or majority of weapon skills.

    Nightblades = Mercenaries, Assassins, Weapon Masters, Monster Slayers. Holy *** stealth is your friend, and try not to get caught with your pants down. Even Batman is screwed without his batsuit.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
Sign In or Register to comment.