Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Right so DKs don't have to seige any more they can just fly onto the wall and then central keep.

Calrid
Calrid
✭✭✭
Now isn't that an exploit? Or is it another one of those exploits that aren't exploits that Zenimax is acting as an apologist for. No that's fair every other class has to seige but DKs don't. Lol wut? As if they weren't op in PVP enough in their mass gank groups that can just spam CC and take out presumably God with no effort.

Is this fixed with U6 'cause if it aint it's a waste of time buying siege I'll just roll a DK and fly in.

And don't tell me there is a way to stop this either, because we all know there isn't when they are in groups of more than 5.
WTS a rare racial motif for a price that reflects it's value, you're probably the only one without an obsession for useless cosmetic crap. Who needs style anyway when you already have it?
  • BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    wny do you talk about DK's only and don't say anything about NB's?
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is fixed for the most part in 1.6, until then, don't stand close to the edge.

NBs can teleport through the door to someone, so it's no different with them.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    BEZDNA wrote: »
    wny do you talk about DK's only and don't say anything about NB's?

Because nb don't have exploits like Dks do. Nbs are weaker than a month old christmas tree in general and only have range and stealth going for them, where as of corse DKs are pretty much OP in PVP can take out players who they have no right having any chance against, and by using spam exploits in groups that really still hasn't been fixed despite all assurances to the contrary, that we can all magically have 5000 stamina to break all those spam CCs. That's probably why, I don't whine when I get hit from a distance by a nb because that is what they are, assassins.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 26, 2015 5:44PM
    WTS a rare racial motif for a price that reflects it's value, you're probably the only one without an obsession for useless cosmetic crap. Who needs style anyway when you already have it?
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    This is fixed for the most part in 1.6, until then, don't stand close to the edge.

NB's CANNOT do this at will, it is an issue of timing when the person triggers the door, the server moves them, and the server allows the port of the NB to go through. RARE and unpronounceable with consistency. We wont even mention the lifespan of that NB all by himself. The handful of times this has happened to me, I turned to the door and beat feet to try to stay alive!

The leap was stated as being an exploit by Zenimax, was patched to be fixed, was actually NOT fixed completely, and is MISTAKENLY said to be a feature of DK's out there because they are SO OP, that they think they have a right to solo a keep full of enemies.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 26, 2015 5:54PM
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB's can get onto the inner postern just as a DK can get on the inner postern if a target is provided, no door needed. Sorcs can get into some of the keeps via bolt, and other places no class can get on to.

This has been the most confusing debate I have ever seen. We were told it was confirmed not an exploit to jump on the outer, then Brian Wheeler was shocked to learn you could leap onto the inner, then later we finally got confirmation that it's an exploit to jump onto the closed scroll gate. So the only thing I know is an exploit is the inner and gates the outer is ??? but it doesn't matter now because it will supposedly be fixed in 1.6. That said NB's and Sorcs will still be able to do it, and DK's will likely find a way with their chains which can now move them forward.

People solo npc's because they are scripted and easily overcome if you understand their thinking, limitations, and mechanics. It doesn't take a DK to achieve that. I have watched a Night blade solo the entire front flag of an OP by himself.
    Edited by Armitas on February 25, 2015 9:22AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]

@ZOS, are these intended game mechanics?

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 26, 2015 5:46PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I recall one of the trailers for the game when it originally came out showed a DK leaping to an enemy at the top of the outer wall. Since Zenimax put it in their trailer I would assume that leaping onto the outer wall is something they intended.
  • Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    Leaping onto an outer wall is of course fine, all part of the fun leaping or chaining or flying to an inner wall is an exploit. then they take a keep solo, or just mess with the whole game dynamic. I am sure you will agree seiging is an important part of the game that encourages people to form teams, if we no longer need teams 'cause some cheating DK is going to fly in and do anything without siege, I think anyone will agree it is problematic.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leaping onto a defended wall was actually intended by the devs as they felt it gave no advantage to the DKs who did it since they spent their ulti to get up there and having to fight 1vX. Then after all of the crying the devs decided to remove it as the bow babies couldn't handle pressure.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even easier with 1.6 extended chains now. At least to "port" to sentry on first wall. To "port" to inner keep needs some practice, involves a bit of running and jumping right. But that means, you dont have to use your ulti to get there and can save it for fighting. Basically, it means that a DK with, lets say 100 cp can solo a keep in 10 minutes and no siege ...
    Edited by Vanzen on February 27, 2015 8:26AM
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang it, now I have to pull my DK out of the closet and start leveling...Son of a twinky. Glad I didn't delete it already or I'd have more work to do.
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the nightblade issue is officially counted as an exploit, while the dragon leap aint.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Calrid
    Calrid
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably because taking a keep single handed without using siege is so big and au fait with everyone. Stop cheating get off my game, DKs already have enough advantages in PVP, if you don't like what I have to say about that you can pm me. I wont listen but you can of course keep going to inner keeps as your team mates rush in below hence gaining you an advantage that is an exploit and you bloody well know it, you cheat we notice, you don't we don't.

I don't give one hell of a flying damn what the devs say. Not even remotely. Unless they are playing PVP and watching how they use this exploit to gain advantage in inner keeps at critical moments, they can kiss my big fat rosy ass. Seems to be fixed now, if it aint we will be reporting it en masse. Feel free to ban us for it.