The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like to have the option to represent one of your guild and it appear next to your name?

rendolpheb16_ESO
rendolpheb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Edited by rendolpheb16_ESO on February 22, 2015 3:00AM
For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer

Would you like to have the option to represent one of your guild and it appear next to your name? 74 votes

Yes
89%
cozmon3c_ESOPoxheartAlomartnliverpoolGilvothbosmern_ESOjnjdun_ESOTeargrantsKevinmonRylanaSublimeEtanielKagheiNiberionLazyLewisthemdogesbitekwisatzarchangelb16_ESO2rendolpheb16_ESOOughash 66 votes
No
10%
OsteosRedTalonGrim13Valen_ByteSoulacfrozywozyDisgracefulMindAsgari 8 votes
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i have never played nor seen an MMO that did not show my name and guild name, in-fact i have allways seen both my name and my guild name shown to not only myself but also for every one to see and i felt good about it.
    altho i do remember a developer saying somewhere a while ago that they thought the "look" and "apperance" of or name plates was ugly and they felt it didnt look right so they disabled them.
    so i know the nameplates do exist, but i also remember seeing a video showing our nameplates on the characters. it did look kindof stupid and large for some reason. and the names looked realy LARGE and didnt seem to fit properly, i agree they did look out of place in the video and did not look MMO'-ish
    i believe if they do turn the nameplates back on it would probably need revamping and some how take alot of work, but thats only a guess and i really dont know whats involved.

in addition to this, in cryodiil it might cause more stress on the server then what is necessary and could create lagg -
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes... as long as it's an option. You should also have the option to not display a guild with your name.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Maybe just display the guild name beneath the player's name at the top of the screen- or if you're using FTC, wherever player names already show on the UI. Would hate to ruin people's immersion with tacky nameplates.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This should happen, and we've discussed this for weeks now.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Under the name would be better, but yes.
    Rylana Dionysis
    Tamriel Knight's Order
    Centurion

Sounds good to me.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This game has made me realise just how much I rely on player names above players' heads. Just this morning, for example, in Crypt of Hearts:

Tank calling for blessed shards for stamina. It is a dark room with lights flashing and animations all over and I am looking around to try to work out which player is the tank.

It took 5+ seconds to identify the location in which to place the shards. 5 seconds... this is just too long in a reaction-based game such as ESO. Its very nice and immersive, when playing solo, to be able to have no UI, no name plates etc and just see 'people' running around, however, it is not like RL where you can look at someone's face to recognise them. In a fast-paced game such as this, I would really benefit from the option to turn on name plates above all players' heads. It would allow me to instantly identify players in a way that the current game-play just does not.

Make it a toggle; an option, whatever you like, but, you will vastly improve the game play for many people by providing this flexibility.

the point is though; it should be an option for an individual to view on others, not an option for a player to turn on their own name plate. that is critical.

The Solo players / RPers etc will be unaffected because they can keep it turned off if they wish.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Already in LoTRO guild names made it exciting to beat some certain guild or get beaten. There was a healthy competition between tribes (guilds) to be #1.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I personally would not like more stuff next to my name, however, if it were an 'option' that I could toggle off, that would be fine with me.

Edited by Valen_Byte on February 22, 2015 7:12PM
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    You could just put on your C**ck Bib.

1z4ikis.png
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yep. Been asking for this since the game released. Many gaming communities have withdrawn from this game due to the inability to recruit new members and gain guild recognition.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. Only because this would assist me in my trolling game allowing to put some suss things next to my name.
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Frawr wrote: »
    *snip*

Tank calling for blessed shards for stamina. It is a dark room with lights flashing and animations all over and I am looking around to try to work out which player is the tank.

It took 5+ seconds to identify the location in which to place the shards. 5 seconds... this is just too long in a reaction-based game such as ESO. Its very nice and immersive, when playing solo, to be able to have no UI, no name plates etc and just see 'people' running around, however, it is not like RL where you can look at someone's face to recognise them. In a fast-paced game such as this, I would really benefit from the option to turn on name plates above all players' heads. It would allow me to instantly identify players in a way that the current game-play just does not.

*snip*

Or in this case just pass tank the tiara :wink:
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. In my guild we all wear different disguises, armour, etc. Most of us dont even use the tabard.

So more options would be nice, cause now it looks like I'm running with a group of randoms, as we all wear different stuff.

A guild tag or something above your character would be nice. I dunno.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Representing a guild should be ingame, At the moment there is nothing to show what guild you are from, And it takes digging up information just to find out about opponents and allies.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Paparoski
    Paparoski
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but with the option to switch it off !
    "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." – Eddard Stark
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Yep. Been asking for this since the game released. Many gaming communities have withdrawn from this game due to the inability to recruit new members and gain guild recognition.

Agree w/ this 100%. It's absence has eliminated passive recruitment and has forced recruitment into spamming zone chat in hoping to attract new members.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Not for now. It is proven that any information you add next to your name increases the latency. It is one of the main reason why TESO supports large scale pvp without too many problems. The more text you display above your head and worse it will get to load an area with a group of 40+ players fighting each other.

Until they improve performances in Cyrodiil, I vote no.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Not for now. It is proven that any information you add next to your name increases the latency. It is one of the main reason why TESO supports large scale pvp without too many problems. The more text you display above your head and worse it will get to load an area with a group of 40+ players fighting each other.

I'd have given you an awesome if you didn't vote for the wrong option :neutral: .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The guild tag won'
    frozywozy wrote: »

There is no floating nameplate in ESO, so showing the guild you represent through FTC or other addon down to the player name wouldn't be a factor on performance.
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer