The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are you looking forward to 1.6? Or does it give you nightmares?

• Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    what if i told you meteors were forever and the new ultimate system is also broken. read.your.bug.reports. don't go live.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurry up and release 1.6! I'm sick of 100% healing debuffs & WoE/ purge bug.
    cyro combat is way more fun when not dominated by perma-block light armor ubermages and batspam

stamina/magic and range/melee balances are much improved in 1.6

the PTS is empty, the real testing always seems to happen on live anyway, might as well get it over with before TU starts up next month
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thought of 1.6 going live terrifies me.
    xylena wrote: »
    cyro combat is way more fun when not dominated by perma-block light armor ubermages and batspam

stamina/magic and range/melee balances are much improved in 1.6

the PTS is empty, the real testing always seems to happen on live anyway, might as well get it over with before TU starts up next month

Come pts, I show you the stamina balance with my wonderful 14k hits.
    You still got perma-block users btw and you need to block cast if you don't want to die in one rotation.
    It's the worst balance and PvP since release..
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Soulac i've been playing lots and lots of PTS since 1.6 hit, way more than live, having 3600cp completely screws balance for sure... but at 70cp, combat was the most fun i've had in months!

sure there were perma blockers, but they had to build for tanking and give up dps, no more taping the right mouse button down and spamming talons and bats ad nauseum

the dueling environment on the PTS definitely favors melee builds, it's much easier to land wrecking blows when you're not getting shot by 900,000,000 meatwads and archers and templar beam cannons from across a chaotic battlefield... the amount of stam melee attacks are doing is fine given the risk you are taking in open world AvA
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that I'm forced to go full out stamina on my NB to be decent. Or that my templar as a light armor healer will be 2 shot and free AP, these things makes me not want to play this game in 1.6. Thankfully the game will be free.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of each.

Stacks of 200, yes please.
    Intrusive implementation of the justice system, no thank you.
    Inability to come up with a balanced and FUN iteration of the sorcerer class, YUCK.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    I'm in the middle.

I worry full on stamina ganking NBs will be OP; i worry damage shields will become too OP, I worry I will reach warning level 3 and be forever banned from the forums(:D)
    I worry that sorcerers will be almost completely useless save for pet and negate builds; I worry that cloak will always be broken; i worry 95% of the player base will not have access to one of the only stamina based heals in the game for the next 9 months because ZOS decided to lock it behind a 7-12 month long grind; as well as a few other worries I have.

however, I am also pleased with some of the changes; particularly the fact I will be able to actually play a full on stamina NB with actual effectiveness. I am overall pleased with the CS(although people with all 3600 CPs are extremely OP, and I hope ZOS gets that fixed before people start getting all 3600 CP) I am pleased with the fact people in Light armor actually die now when attacked, I am happy with all the new animations(I LOVE the new animations) and I like some of the ability changes.

Overall, im in the middle on this topic. Wish there was a choice stating that:(

and someone tell panda to come gank with me come 1.6:)

I hate ganking, I hate gankers, I hate the thought of ganking with a ganker, and I hate being ganked. I'll come sneak around with you on a Templar or Sorcerer and fight while you run away or re-position for another stealth attack, but I'll never gank with you. Never. Ever ever.
    28772742.jpg

oh, so you think I can't fight?

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say this, at 70cp I had so much fun pvping.. Even more fun than live.

at 3600cp.. I'm very worried.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to. So much so that I can't play live for more than 30mins at a time for the past 3 weeks.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Looking forward to. So much so that I can't play live for more than 30mins at a time for the past 3 weeks.

It's not worth it . Things will be broke for so long again if it goes live like this . I want content too but I'd rather play another game while I'm wIting for this update .
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    I'm in the middle.

I worry full on stamina ganking NBs will be OP; i worry damage shields will become too OP, I worry I will reach warning level 3 and be forever banned from the forums(:D)
    I worry that sorcerers will be almost completely useless save for pet and negate builds; I worry that cloak will always be broken; i worry 95% of the player base will not have access to one of the only stamina based heals in the game for the next 9 months because ZOS decided to lock it behind a 7-12 month long grind; as well as a few other worries I have.

however, I am also pleased with some of the changes; particularly the fact I will be able to actually play a full on stamina NB with actual effectiveness. I am overall pleased with the CS(although people with all 3600 CPs are extremely OP, and I hope ZOS gets that fixed before people start getting all 3600 CP) I am pleased with the fact people in Light armor actually die now when attacked, I am happy with all the new animations(I LOVE the new animations) and I like some of the ability changes.

Overall, im in the middle on this topic. Wish there was a choice stating that:(

and someone tell panda to come gank with me come 1.6:)

I hate ganking, I hate gankers, I hate the thought of ganking with a ganker, and I hate being ganked. I'll come sneak around with you on a Templar or Sorcerer and fight while you run away or re-position for another stealth attack, but I'll never gank with you. Never. Ever ever.
    28772742.jpg

oh, so you think I can't fight?
    I think, that while my Templar proactively tanks and DPS's 4 or 5 people and heals, that you can cloak away, re-position, and hit someone with a lethal arrow so we can take down larger groups one by one...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't like it :(. Combat feels very unresponsive, weapon swap is worse than ever, glass cannons will 1 or 2 shot you even in full heavy armor tank spec etc,. not to mention the headache inducing inflated number scheme. It took better part of the year to get most bugs and imbalances ironed out of the live - I assume it will take another year to get 1.6 working.. Could we have a legacy 1.5 server where we could continue playing the game we enjoy?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I treasure every moment I have left on Live.

I look at the feed back for my class, and other classes, then look at the patch notes and wonder why I even bother. They gave us a morph that the game doesn't even support (igneous weapons) then butchered our highest cost skill, (ash cloud) while removing the only morph that might have saved it. I just do not understand how you can believe igneous weapons is okay when the game does not support an effective use of it.

Aside from a handful of people everyone on the forums has given negative feedback on the new EXTREME stat numbers. Yet no word on if these numbers are going live. Seriously where are we going to be in 8 years if we are already going to be at 40k health within the first year. It won't be long till our health is at 120,000. That is just cheesy. According to ZOS they went with these changes due to a group of players giving feed back about the champion system not feeling substantial enough. So they made all these changes in silence over the following month and then notified the actual community a month before release where it's too late to change it.

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach because I love this game and I am terrified for what 1.6 will do to it. A lot of players are coming back, if they see this as a mess they will promptly leave. It's better for people to wait and be pleased than to receive it and dislike it.
    Edited by Armitas on February 23, 2015 12:04PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Gizit
    Gizit
    ✭✭✭
    When are they releasing 1.6?
    I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch is important for the survival of the game. Basically, 1.6 is a "make or break" moment for the PC/Mac platform, their one shot at getting it right and finding a new audience after a year of mistakes. Considering that, I really think they should take better care to make it work before they release it.
    Edited by stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO on February 23, 2015 12:36PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    I don´t want to go for Stamina.. nothing else to say.
    Quoted for being the truth when it comes to melee Magicka Nightblades. I want to be an Elder Scrolls Nightblade, not some 'rogue' inspired by other, lesser games.
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game is borked come 1.6 the struggle is real for magicka zos has royally broken this game, have fun ppl :smile:
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For too long MA NBs had to try to split magica and stamina, just to be half as effective with class skills and weapons skills. I cant wait for the patch so i can go full stamina and be more effective with everything. My base magika will be fine for buffs like Blur and vanish.
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    mistake post. >_> no option to delete
    Edited by Night-claw on February 23, 2015 10:21PM
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    :'(:s:(:s:'(
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game was pretty balanced across the classes but I have a strong preference for magicka builds, so I'm not fond of many of the changes. Someone at ZOS really has a crush on Legolas. So many things will become unbalanced with all the changes. Once CS grinding happens, new players will never have a chance to catch up and the power differential will be huge. Right now, as a VR1 you can kill VR14 and once you get to VR14 you are caught up, aside from some passives. You just needed to know how to fight each class... hint, running into a vamp DK and feeding him ultimate and then standing in his bat swarms while shooting his reflecting scales with a bow, only gets you into a highlight video.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings. I will give the patch a couple of weeks when it gets released, if it still suffers from a lot of issues weeks after it's released, then I'm afraid I am done.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    I'll say this, at 70cp I had so much fun pvping.. Even more fun than live.

at 3600cp.. I'm very worried.

I'm just going to stay the hell out of Cyrodiil come 1.6 and carebear it up grinding CP until I want to blow my brains out and then grind some more. Maybe by the time I get a fair number of CP they'll fix some of the more troubling issues I saw in PTS and I can come play again. Who knows, maybe by then Imperial City will be released. At this rate I'm expecting it to be the freaking PvP *expansion* content.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • sKorcheD
    sKorcheD
    ✭✭✭
    I'm terrified that champion system is the new grind. Total disappointment from me.
    Larrdok - Pact
    Filthy Barbarian
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, basically... IMHO people that like stamina builds will love the new game (while their new OPness exists...) and people that like magicka builds seems to dislike/oppose it.

I'm a magicka healer build, so I do not like the changes... I've toyed with a stamina templar build while leveling on live and I really liked it, but come 1.6 I have to commit to it completely and forego healing, since I cannot respec each time someone in my guilds needs help with heals on a dungeon. I'll completely miss the freedom of changing builds on the fly just by changing gear sets.

On the other hand, I'm not a competitive player so I can spend a few months chasing the last PvE achievements until I get bored and leave, without going back into Cyrodiil again, for all I care. And because I'm not competitive, I don't care about the CS at all... I'd probably play the game and get the points as I go... don't care at all if I get one each day, or one per week...

But I have to say that It's sad for me to see how they're ruining the competitive side of (what could have been, in the long turn,) a good game.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate the pigeonholing into stamina or magicka class, ranged or melee, and making hybrid builds worthless...

Play the way you want, my a.$ The more they spam that phrase, the more I think they don't know what it means.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Bring it on. I will play it as it is. Sometimes that means trying a stupid build just to avoid cookie cutters, and other times it means a complete cookie cutter and anything in between. Changes mean new ways to look at what is and isn't the main stream for builds.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are giving veteran players the shaft and welcoming brand new players with a brand new game.

Those of us who have been subbing since launch basically bankrolled "Tamriel Unlimited Ultimate Plus Xtreme", and now ZOS is just looking forward to all the new box sales. Whether we stick around or not doesn't really matter to them. Judging by their recent decisions, they'd rather just have us gone.
    Edited by Sallington on February 24, 2015 7:04PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know how I feel about Tamriel...um Limited. I play a caster DK not alts just one main and I am going to miss having Unstable Flame on my bar since it's presence has graced my ability bar since before the game was even released. Stam DKs asking for a stam whip ha ! Be lucky you have unstable, pyromancy from ardent flame tree has been reduced to engulfing flames / molten whip spam for casters let us keep what is left of the ashes of caster builds (pun fun) Whatever vigor grants your warrior to summon flames from your stamina pool is beyond me. Why do I need flames of oblivion anymore when inner light does the same crit and gives me more magicka / recovery instead of reducing it ? Oh well more of a reason to kill those flame liners taunting us with our old AOE ability.
    Edited by wrathofrraath on February 25, 2015 6:06AM
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont know how I feel about Tamriel...um Limited. I play a caster DK not alts just one main and I am going to miss having Unstable Flame on my bar since it's presence has graced my ability bar since before the game was even released. Stam DKs asking for a stam whip ha ! Be lucky you have unstable, pyromancy from ardent flame tree has been reduced to engulfing flames / molten whip spam for casters let us keep what is left of the ashes of caster builds (pun fun) Whatever vigor grants your warrior to summon flames from your stamina pool is beyond me. Why do I need flames of oblivion anymore when inner light does the same crit and gives me more magicka / recovery instead of reducing it ? Oh well more of a reason to kill those flame liners taunting us with our old AOE ability.

Actually when testing today, Inferno gave 20% crit as opposed to the 10% from Magelight. They don't stack though, always the highest applies.
    Isn't reflected in the tooltip so I wrote a /bug, but maybe it's intended who knows (wouldn't be nice having guild skills do better than redundant class skills).
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU