Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you have any interest in a Stamina Sorc?

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Stamina Sorc has been completely neglected on the 1.6 PTS servers. Here is a comparison of what each class got for stamina morphs/passives.

DK changes that affect stamina builds
Searing Strike

Unstable Flames (morph): This ability now scales off Stamina and Attack Power and costs Stamina. Damage is mitigated by your target’s melee defense statistics.

Fiery Breath

Burning Breath (morph): This ability will now scale off of stamina and weapon power, and is mitigated by your target’s melee defense statistics. This ability now applies the Major Fracture debuff to your target.

Inferno

Flames of Oblivion (morph): This ability now provides the same effect as Inferno, as well as providing the Major Savagery (that is weapon crit) buff while active.

Molten Weapons

This ability will no longer buff allies. Instead, activating Molten Weapons will increase your heavy attack damage by 40% for 7 seconds. The duration increases with each additional rank.

Igneous Weapons (morph): Using a heavy attack while this ability is active will increase its duration by one second.

Molten Armaments (morph): This ability now increases the extra damage against low health targets.

Slightly reduced the cost of Molten Weapons and its morphs.

Earthen Heart

Mountain’s Blessing: This passive now also grants all allies within 30 meters the buff Minor Brutality for 10 seconds at Rank I, or 20 seconds at Rank II.

NB changes that affect stamina builds
Assassins Blade

Killer’s Blade (morph): This is now a stamina-based ability. The heal from this ability will now be applied if your target dies within 2 seconds of the ability being used, regardless of who killed the target.

Teleport Strike

Ambush: This ability now uses stamina instead of magicka, and applies the Minor Berserk buff on the next attack.

Mark Target

This ability now grants the Major Breach and Major Fracture buffs.
Removed the penalty from this ability.
This ability can now be cast on any target.
Reduced the cost of this ability by approximately 50%, and reduced the duration to 20 seconds.
Piercing Mark (morph): The duration of this ability now scales with ability ranks up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
Reaper’s Mark (morph): This ability now grants the Major Berserk buff for 8 seconds after the target is killed.

Veiled Strike

Surprise Attack (morph): This morph is now a stamina-based ability, now applies the Major Fracture debuff, and will no longer reduce your target’s armor if they dodge the initial attack.

Drain Power

The damage caused by Drain Power no longer scales with the number of targets hit. Instead, you will receive a Major Brutality buff when damaging at least one target.
Power Extraction (morph): This ability now scales off weapon damage and stamina instead of magicka and spell damage. The damage has also been increased by 10%.

Templar changes that affect stamina builds
Puncturing Strikes

Biting Jabs (morph): This ability now scales off stamina and weapon power, and now also provides the Major Savagery buff.

Piercing Javelin

Binding Javelin (morph): This ability now scales off stamina and weapon power.

Backlash

Power of Light (morph): This ability now applies the Minor Fracture debuff to your target, and the damage caps are derived from your maximum stamina.

Aedric Spear

Burning Light: The damage from this passive is now derived from your highest stats (stamina or magicka based).

Aedric Spear

Balance Warrior: Increased the weapon damage from this passive to 3% at Rank I, and 6% at Rank II.

Sorc changes that affect stamina builds
Bound Armor

Bound Armaments (morph): This ability now costs Stamina instead of Magicka, gives you a bonus to stamina instead of magicka, and increases the damage done by heavy attacks.

Dark Exchange

Dark Deal (morph): This ability now converts magicka into health and stamina.

Overload

Overload and Power Overload will now properly scale their damage off Weapon Damage and Stamina in the event that they are higher than Spell Power and Magicka.

If you read through all of the above lists, you may have noticed that DK got 2 attacks scaled on stamina and various stamina build buffs, NB got 4 attacks scaled on stamina and various stamina build buffs, Templar got 3 attacks scaled on stamina and various stamina build buffs, while the Sorc got only ONE ultimate and zero basic attacks scaled on stamina and only one stamina buff that comes in the form of near useless toggle. Bound Armaments may find its way into some builds for sure, but it is tough to stomach using 2 slots for it. Dark Deal is totally and completely useless. There is no use for a channel in melee range without a way to quickly create distance. As for the Overload change, I think all ultimates should scale on stamina+weap or magicka + spell anyways and I'm surprised any class ultimates are forcing people to go into a magicka spec. Overall I am very underwhelmed with what was offered to the stamina sorc.

In addition to what we were given (or lack thereof) in 1.6, stamina Sorcs have also lost the only benefits they ever had in the game prior to 1.6. The only thing a stamina Sorc had going for it was that it could stack weapon dmg higher than any other class. With the new buff system, Critical Surge has become completely redundant with other cheaper and longer lasting skills like Rally. Also in 1.6.3, stamina Sorc lost the 10% cost reduction in the Storm Calling tree, which is a HUGE nerf for Crit Surge costs, Bolt Escape costs, and Lightning Form costs, which just happen to be three of the best and only Sorc abilities that a stamina build will use. Crit Surge was already about 40% or so of my magicka bar as a stamina Sorc in 1.6.2 and now it will be even worse.

If you are like me, and think all classes should be able to use all specs then head over to PTS forums and let it be known that the blatant (I say this because the comparison of what was offered and taken away is shocking compared to other classes) disregard for stamina sorc is not okay.
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should change Crystal Blast to a stamina feat where your Sorc literally HURLS his crystal ball through the air, because that's what I feel doing ever since the Critical Surge Cooldown ruined my game.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should change Crystal Blast to a stamina feat where your Sorc literally HURLS his crystal ball through the air, because that's what I feel doing ever since the Critical Surge Cooldown ruined my game.

Here are my own suggestions for stamina morphs which includes a nice change for Crystal Blast http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151691/zos-stamina-sorc-suggestions#latest .

With the lack of attention most of my stam sorc topics are getting, I'm starting to believe maybe everyone playing Sorc is strictly magicka based.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my alts is stamina sorc, and I certainly won't reroll, no matter what changes. Though I never really expected that one to be fully competetive with effective builds in the first place anyways... but hey, I have fun playing my nord barbarian thunder shaman, so...
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Dark Deal is totally and completely useless. There is no use for a channel in melee range without a way to quickly create distance.
    Oh, my, what a pity sorcs don't have some ability to whizz them a great distance in an instant, maybe even stunning and damaging their opponents... hey, waitaminit... :tongue:;)

But yeah, I get that there is some nerf...uhm... rebalancing going around. Personally I more see it as a challenge to make the new way work then an opportunity to whine about how the old way doesn't work anymore... though I might change my tune once I play around with the changes a bit and notice they really penalize me too much. Don't expect to though, since my stamina sorc more relies on his two-hander then sorcy stuff anyhow...

• RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully Atropos will update his Reaver for 1.6 soon, since I love playing it when im not being a nuisance Nightblade :p

Anyways is here for anyone who wants to track it for when its updated: http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/reaver-sorcerer/
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on February 19, 2015 7:28PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my alts is stamina sorc, and I certainly won't reroll, no matter what changes. Though I never really expected that one to be fully competetive with effective builds in the first place anyways... but hey, I have fun playing my nord barbarian thunder shaman, so...
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Dark Deal is totally and completely useless. There is no use for a channel in melee range without a way to quickly create distance.
    Oh, my, what a pity sorcs don't have some ability to whizz them a great distance in an instant, maybe even stunning and damaging their opponents... hey, waitaminit... :tongue:;)

But yeah, I get that there is some nerf...uhm... rebalancing going around. Personally I more see it as a challenge to make the new way work then an opportunity to whine about how the old way doesn't work anymore... though I might change my tune once I play around with the changes a bit and notice they really penalize me too much. Don't expect to though, since my stamina sorc more relies on his two-hander then sorcy stuff anyhow...

One streak isn't enough distance ... you need two streaks which cost basically all of your magicka pool now that Expert Mage passive has changed.

I understand your desire to make a new build that works, but it is disheartening that I will most likely only use one or two sorc skills in my stamina set up. Skill choices vary greatly for solo pve, group pve single target, group pve aoe, group pve mix but the only Sorc skills I will use are Lightning Form and maybe Bound Armaments. There are times when I may use Streak + Crit Surge for the Critical Charge heals. My whole problem is there just isn't nearly enough Sorc (actives and passives) going to work on a Stamina Sorc.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina sorcerers are even worse off than Magicka ones means very very very bad at the moment. :|
    Bound Armor and the 5% cost reduction to stamina are the only advantages compared to other classes, which pale in comparison of their own.

NB 30% extra stamina recovery, increased weapon crit chance with a stamina-based execute and mark target for major fracture.
    Templar's 6% weapon damage, 4% reduced stamina cost and increased stamina recovery from restoring aura.
    DK's stamina-based DoT and increased stamina regen from green dragon blood.

If only surge was the only way to buff weapon damage for every stamina weapon ... but no, momentum makes it available to everyone simply by having a 2H sword on the off bar.
    Sorcerers can't compete.
    Edited by Gyudan on February 19, 2015 7:41PM
    Wololo.
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to create a seperate thread, but thought I would add to this instead.

My wishlist for stamina sorcs and general sorc changes:

-SKILLS-

Dark Deal morph
    I want this to be a final stand ability for tanks and sustained stamina dps for static fights, in order to do that I would allow the use of skills while channeling, remove the animation and add 40% reduced movement speed while channeling. It would kill your magicka though and you would not be able to cancel it once activated.

Dark Exchange/Conversion morph
    Reduce channel time by 30-50% and and revert the changes made to allow movement while channeling.

Power Surge morph
    Make this a toggle but replace the Major Brutality/Sorcery with Minor Brutality/Sorcery so it can stack with Entropy and Momentum, max magicka is reduced by 5/10% while toggled on.

Volatile Familiar morph
    Remove toggle and cast time, make it a set duration like 30-60 seconds. You could still blow up the pet by activating the skill again or let the timer run out for the explosion.

Hardened Ward morph
    Scales with max stamina and make this clear in the tooltip. All shield spells in the game should have their tooltip updated to make it clear which attribute they scale off of.

-PASSIVES-

Persistence (Dark Magic)
    Add minor stamina regen.

Daedric Protection (Daedric Summoning)
    Add 20% stamina regen in addition to the 20% health regen.
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thread necro but i will go ahead and add this here.

There should be stamina powered morphs of both pets, likley clannfear and Matriarch, which scale their damage off of max stam instead. Ward and Curse are fine as magicka sourced boosts for their DPS.

Your suggested Hardened Ward change would so severely *** off alot of sorcs in PvP but it would be nice for a Stam option for shields.

surge is fine, but should have the Major Crit Chance buffs in it. so Power surge boosts Spell Power and Crit and Crit Surge boosts Weapon Power and Crit... or give Crit Surge a minor Crit damage boost effect.

i have played Stam Sorc but ended up changing due to lack of supporting abilities.. Its solid but the abilities other classes have greatly boost their affinity with stam while sorc has only benifits to magicka builds in the broader scope.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have a problem with the stam changes by class given at 1.6. Not really a "you got this, therefore we need to get that" *** for tat thing IMO.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem for stamina sorc builds is that all the strengths of sorcs are all magicka oriented.
    A sorc without cfrags, hardened ward and bolt escape will usually be pretty easy to kill.
    If a stamina sorc would use cfrags it would do little dmg, hardened ward shield would be small and bolt escape would drain the magicka pool almost instantly.

NBs, DKs and Temps all have great skills to compliment stamina builds plus their magicka skills are still useful with a relative small magicka pool. For example RS, GDB, Molten Weapons, Cloak, Fear, Repentance and Spears. What do stamina sorcs have in that regard? Critical Surge has become a joke and the small buff from Bound Armaments wont help much either. With a small magicka pool, low magicka regen or low spell damage you will basically be a useless sorc.

Stamina sorcs should be somewhat viable as long as it doesnt take away anything from magicka sorcs, its still supposed to be a class heavily focused on magic after all.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a baby Stam Sorc who is a werewolf in medium armor. I pretty much don't play her because she is so gimped. Makes me sad. :(
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!