The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Birth of New Breed of Nightblades

TagaParti
TagaParti
✭✭✭✭
As I was waiting for someone to challenge my Unkillable DK, i came up with a better idea. How about challenging my own build with a new breed of Nightblade build.

This will be the gameplay of my Nightblade named Pact Boss. No restoration staff, no bow, no shadow cloak, fight toe-to-toe with any class. This will be a build that will be as unique as Sheliza's build.

1hand/shield, 2handed sword. Combination of armors. Race is nord, it was just an alt since the start and i dont wanna create a new 1. No dragon blood to use, and i dont want to use the overuse resto. But with the changes on some major nightblade skills to being stamina-based i can tweak this nightblade into someone slightly less tanky than Sheliza, but twice the dps.

A self-sustaining Nightblade build, combined with the fix on fear dropping blocks, this will be a very dangerous killer in Cyrodiil. If Sheliza was called Raid Boss, this one will surely live up to his name, Pact Boss.

:smile:
[img][/img]emapANz.jpg

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/150315/the-50k-1on1-challenge#latest
Edited by TagaParti on February 7, 2015 3:55PM
Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
youtube channel: tagaparti
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you do this before 1.6 you can name him Piñata Boss .
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TagaParti wrote: »
    As I was waiting for someone to challenge my Unkillable DK, i came up with a better idea. How about challenging my own build with a new breed of Nightblade build.

This will be the gameplay of my Nightblade named Pact Boss. No restoration staff, no bow, no shadow cloak, fight toe-to-toe with any class. This will be a build that will be as unique as Sheliza's build.

1hand/shield, 2handed sword. Combination of armors. Race is nord, it was just an alt since the start and i dont wanna create a new 1. No dragon blood to use, and i dont want to use the overuse resto. But with the changes on some major nightblade skills to being stamina-based i can tweak this nightblade into someone slightly less tanky than Sheliza, but twice the dps.

A self-sustaining Nightblade build, combined with the fix on fear dropping blocks, this will be a very dangerous killer in Cyrodiil. If Sheliza was called Raid Boss, this one will surely live up to his name, Pact Boss.

[img][/img]emapANz.jpg

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/150315/the-50k-1on1-challenge#latest

Lol Tags, love ya mate, that tank thread kept me entertained for a long while :)

I hope your latency improves though it would help defiantly.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New breed? Sounds like you're just copying @Satiar.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1hand/2hand sword is fantastic, been running that for a long time now. Is more OP than you might suspect.

Haven't touched a filthy resto staff since 1.2.
    Edited by Satiar on February 7, 2015 5:48PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, doing nothing new once again. Stop making pointless threads for your imaginary builds.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [img][/img]emapANz.jpg

Are you playing Morrowind or something bro?
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[img][/img]emapANz.jpg

I'm still interested to see what you put together. I've been tweaking this build for a long time, trying to get a good mix of DPS and sustain. Would be interested to see your take on it, I haven't really seen anyone run it like I do. Offbar for stam builds always seems to be daggers or bow for some reason.

• Jbugz97
    Jbugz97
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

[img][/img]emapANz.jpg

I'm still interested to see what you put together. I've been tweaking this build for a long time, trying to get a good mix of DPS and sustain. Would be interested to see your take on it, I haven't really seen anyone run it like I do. Offbar for stam builds always seems to be daggers or bow for some reason.

how are you healing your self then. i would love to try something diffrent on NB .but their thats problem how to heal yourself with out resto staff?
    NB v14 / DC / Shades of Jbugz
    DK v12 / DC / Fear of Jbugz

Now Playing on xbox
    GT : J Bugz 3
    DC for life
    Magika NB
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jbugz97 wrote: »

[img][/img]emapANz.jpg

how are you healing your self then. i would love to try something diffrent on NB .but their thats problem how to heal yourself with out resto staff?

Rally, combined with mitigation from Dark Cloak and infinite shield charges.

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget my bubbles.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build will not use hiding. This build, likei said will go toe-to-toe with any class. Pure attrition until 1 goes down. You havent seen anything like this before. I already have the idea, the gears, the stats, in my mind. This concept perfectly fits my DK. It will work with NB. Im excited to make this vr14.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said, you're describing my build down to the race and play style. I think you'll have fun with it, a very exciting way to play.

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like I said, you're describing my build down to the race and play style. I think you'll have fun with it, a very exciting way to play.

can confirm
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

can confirm

I slot wrecking blow only for you.

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The change to momentum didn't help as far as heals go w/o a resto staff.

I've played 2H on my NB. Momentum + Swallow soul was "okay" for healing.

Brawler's shield isn't that great, but it is a shield... I would actually get decent shield form it when grinding Dungeons, but in PVP it's really hard to hit a group of people with a swing.

Power Extraction is also good.. in PvE but really hard to get off a decent on in PvP.

Anyways, I'm interested to see the build in action. But having tried every combination of skills for Stamina (I have ALL skills to 50 on my NB and ALL morphs leveled up) I've failed to find a good combo for survivability that doesn't use Magicka and a Resto staff for Ward + Harness Magicka.

Getting similar results on the PTS too. NBs just lack a good self heal or shields like the other classes.
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg! people are missing a lot if things! il show you guys how to get the best healing for NB. im not messing around or trolling. i wanna show to everyone this new build for NB, but still a long grind ahead.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Brawler's shield isn't that great, but it is a shield... I would actually get decent shield form it when grinding Dungeons, but in PVP it's really hard to hit a group of people with a swing.

Well what you have to keep in mind with Brawler's and Shielded Assault is, they both scale off max health, add in the champion buffs and I could achieve some decent shields. Along with "decent" 11-12k Wrecking Blow crits.

32k- Heath
    20k- Stamina
    12k- Magicka
    1800- Weapon Damage (roughly)
    +9.6% to defencive shields (champ points)

Brawler- 1500 non-hit/ 3000 one target hit

Shielded Assault- 4500

By no means are they massive levels, however they both are cheap enough to keep up. And combined with Rally/Vigor it's quite survivable.

Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Yep, doing nothing new once again. Stop making pointless threads for your imaginary builds.

This guy is trying to explore new ideas and talk about them. That's what forums are for. Even if they make little to no sense,which I should know about.

856.jpg

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well if you intend to fight toe-to-toe better put on some actual armor. At LEAST medium armor is what I advise. ESSPECIALLY knowing the armor values of 1.6, which goes live in just a month.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Though I will be honest, this is not a "new" build. Many Nightblades go shield and 2H. I dare say the ones that DONT use a shield are more innovative if you want my honest opinion.

If you REALLY want to make a new and exciting build, make a NB build without a shield. We have all seen enough shields in this game to last two lifetimes.
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there are lots of NBs using S/B. But who can stay close to a DK, to a templar with blazing shield. This build is will be focus on too much healing without a resto staff, undermining any incoming attacks, while dealing insane damages.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there are lots of NBs using S/B. But who can stay close to a DK, to a templar with blazing shield. This build is will be focus on too much healing without a resto staff, undermining any incoming attacks, while dealing insane damages.

I hope your build works out.

But as someone who has played a NB since beta 2, and tried running 2-hand and S/B along with DW, Bow, Destro, and Resto... what I've found is that the healing/shields from 2hand and S/B just don't cut it.

Restoration staff was actually the LAST skill line I leveled up, because I didn't want to go that path...but I eventually ended up there because PvP is competiive and that's the optimal build for Survival + DPS. You just can't beat Healing Ward + Harness Magicka and Rapid Regen or Mutagen for shields + healing, because NB don't get any real good shields or heals as class skills.
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭

But as someone who has played a NB since beta 2, and tried running 2-hand and S/B along with DW, Bow, Destro, and Resto... what I've found is that the healing/shields from 2hand and S/B just don't cut it.

Restoration staff was actually the LAST skill line I leveled up, because I didn't want to go that path...but I eventually ended up there because PvP is competiive and that's the optimal build for Survival + DPS. You just can't beat Healing Ward + Harness Magicka and Rapid Regen or Mutagen for shields + healing, because NB don't get any real good shields or heals as class skills.

there is another way. not using shields on this build.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no_o_743331.gif
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Man, I'm sorry but you're wrong. SnB/2hand is one of the most durable specs in the game. It's the perfect balance of pressure, resource sustain and oshits.

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So where exactly do I go to breed NBs?
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

Come to this one and bring some purrty khajiit women.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

P10-daycare.jpg
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

you don't understand the NB class then. The class has VERY low survivability without a resto staff; its why many NBs use a resto staff.

NBs do best on the offense, not on defense with a shield. The only thing a NB with a shield can do is block and spam sap essence, which only works against large groups or against players that do not know how to fight it. The class has no damage shield and no good self heals(strife is not a good self heal, HoTs don't help much during combat unless the HoT is large, which strife's is not) and its escape ability works at random chance.

If you want the best NB build possible, drop the shield and use DW or bow along with your 2H. Maybe pick up a resto staff if you cant get past the lack of self heals and a class based damage shield.
    Edited by Cody on February 8, 2015 10:31PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

you don't understand the NB class then. The class has VERY low survivability without a resto staff; its why many NBs use a resto staff.

NBs do best on the offense, not on defense with a shield. The only thing a NB with a shield can do is block and spam sap essence, which only works against large groups or against players that do not know how to fight it. The class has no damage shield and no good self heals(strife is not a good self heal, HoTs don't help much during combat unless the HoT is large, which strife's is not) and its escape ability works at random chance.

If you want the best NB build possible, drop the shield and use DW or bow along with your 2H. Maybe pick up a resto staff if you cant get past the lack of self heals and a class based damage shield.

Dude, no, please, stop.

2h/SnB is insanely good. One of the highest offense, best sustain specs in the game.