The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1.61 Notes, NB OP

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    NBs are for DPS...if you're not killing something in your group, you're doing it wrong.

Sap, light attacks, impale and bats now, when 1.6 hits, will be sap, impale, with scatter shot or whirling blades with light attacks peppered in.

I guess if you have like 15 NBs in a group of 24 a couple could switch to cc...but otherwise, not going to waste my SPs

Incorrect, NB is the strongest CC/Debuff class in the game and has been for a very long time.

This notion that nightblade must be a stealthy cloak and dagger class still astounds me to no end.

Eh, people gonna cling to sterotypes.... even as I CC and Debuff them to death.

tell me what NB skill is better than talons?

Fear, by a country mile.

Different useage but damn, fear is a game changer in smaller group engagements.
    Edited by Satiar on February 6, 2015 8:09PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs are for DPS...if you're not killing something in your group, you're doing it wrong.

Sap, light attacks, impale and bats now, when 1.6 hits, will be sap, impale, with scatter shot or whirling blades with light attacks peppered in.

I guess if you have like 15 NBs in a group of 24 a couple could switch to cc...but otherwise, not going to waste my SPs

Incorrect, NB is the strongest CC/Debuff class in the game and has been for a very long time.

This notion that nightblade must be a stealthy cloak and dagger class still astounds me to no end.

Fear, by a country mile.

Fear is only good if your opponent does not have the stamina to break it. Otherwise it is just a stamina-removal tool that you can only use once every 8 seconds. And it's quite expensive one too.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Fear, by a country mile.

Fear is only good if your opponent does not have the stamina to break it. Otherwise it is just a stamina-removal tool that you can only use once every 8 seconds. And it's quite expensive one too.

The stamina burn is more expensive point for point soo... thats a pretty good exchange. Its a resource game... you use an ability that is more efficient wise than the counter to it. You have just gained an advantage. Now if they are running immovable it is a resource loss to you, so be a smart/aware player and don't use it in that situation. You see the give and take here that should be a part of game balance?

On a further note, you can use it more than 8 seconds. It would hypothetically be every 8 seconds IF you got immunity after you let fear run its course, you don't thus you can perma fear someone if they don't break CC. If they DO break CC you can fear them 4 seconds after they CC break when including animation time so unless they break 0.000001 seconds before the fear runs out... you will NEVER wait anywhere close to 8 seconds to fear again. And once again as earlier in the thread I repeat myself: This is an AOE 4 second long (when morphed that way) CC... of course its expensive... as it should be...because you know.... its a long lockout CC .

Welcome to MMO PvP
    Edited by Huntler on February 6, 2015 8:24PM
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By doing some dueling, my power ranking(myself, templar):
    1. NB
    2. Sorc
    3. DK
    4. Templar

If you are low on stamina when NB casts fear basically you are dead no matter how HP you have.

As stamina build, if you manage to survive fear, you must think about restoring your health and go in defense, while you are in defense next fear is ready and again headless chicken dance begins.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB OP ? ehm not in my opinion. There is a balance issue however, those that dont min/max and those that do. Much bigger issue now then it used to be pre 1.6.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fear, by a country mile.

The problem with fear is...the PC starts running away from combat...and often times outside of the negate. You're often doing the player a favor by fear them in a group push. Talons is so lethal because you pop a negate, you pop talons, and you ultimate dump = group wipe.

But I guess, sure 1v1, but I prefer shield charge if in a 1 on 1 or small group situation.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

The stamina burn is more expensive point for point soo... thats a pretty good exchange.

Depends. If the fear is used by a stamina build, and the target is using arena set, then it is actually more expensive to cast the fear than to break it.

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear is arguably the best CC in the game. It is not an I win button, there are situations where someone will spec against it or be immune to it.

That does not change how good it is. Like talons, like streak, like anything else, it's situational. DKs learn not to talon spam me because they run out of magica a looooong time before I run out of stamina, and I in turn learn not to fearspam someone clearly running the arena set.

Edit: And fear is not really expensive. On the PTS my build ran 10k magica, still easily wove it in with grim focus and cloaks.
    Edited by Satiar on February 6, 2015 8:50PM

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stamina burn is more expensive point for point soo... thats a pretty good exchange.

Depends. If the fear is used by a stamina build, and the target is using arena set, then it is actually more expensive to cast the fear than to break it.

Indeed. Such is the dynamic aspect of PvP in which certain builds will inherently have advantages over others and specific builds can be even catered to increase advantages against certain challenges. I'd say however in the current meta you're more likely to be in the advantageous position with using fear. In 1.6 it will likely destabilize a bit given how powerful stamina builds are showing to be on the PTS when it comes to burst damage.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: And fear is not really expensive. On the PTS my build ran 10k magica, still easily wove it in with grim focus and cloaks.

It is the second most expensive NB skill, only beat by reaper's mark.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On a further note, you can use it more than 8 seconds. It would hypothetically be every 8 seconds IF you got immunity after you let fear run its course, you don't thus you can perma fear someone if they don't break CC. If they DO break CC you can fear them 4 seconds after they CC break when including animation time so unless they break 0.000001 seconds before the fear runs out... you will NEVER wait anywhere close to 8 seconds to fear again.

As far as i know, the immunity granted after using CC break lasts 8 seconds.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And?

The cost is manageable in a stamina build so I dunno what your point is. No NB should have trouble weaving it in.

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fear is arguably the best CC in the game. It is not an I win button, there are situations where someone will spec against it or be immune to it.

That does not change how good it is. Like talons, like streak, like anything else, it's situational. DKs learn not to talon spam me because they run out of magica a looooong time before I run out of stamina, and I in turn learn not to fearspam someone clearly running the arena set.

Every Class got an ability working through block next patch (including stun), streak is one of them.

So why is it the "best" CC now, it doesn´t even break block (even if it stands in the Patch Notes..)
    It´s very good no question, but not the best in my opinion.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And?

The cost is manageable in a stamina build so I dunno what your point is. No NB should have trouble weaving it in.

I said it is an expensive skill, not that it is not manageable.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Every Class got an ability working through block next patch (including stun), streak is one of them.

So why is it the "best" CC now, it doesn´t even break block (even if it stands in the Patch Notes..)

Streak as a disorient went through block, streak got changed to a 1.5 second stun. It will no longer go through block.

On a further note, you can use it more than 8 seconds. It would hypothetically be every 8 seconds IF you got immunity after you let fear run its course, you don't thus you can perma fear someone if they don't break CC. If they DO break CC you can fear them 4 seconds after they CC break when including animation time so unless they break 0.000001 seconds before the fear runs out... you will NEVER wait anywhere close to 8 seconds to fear again.

As far as i know, the immunity granted after using CC break lasts 8 seconds.

If its somehow 8 seconds it has to be bugged because there is no way it is that long.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its somehow 8 seconds it has to be bugged because there is no way it is that long.

A short clip from one of my recording. Yellow gets feared at start, and immediately breaks it. The white swirling effect under his feet stays there for 8 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfODZM4a-PQ&feature=youtu.be

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

When a nb wins a dueling tournament let me know.

Till then.....

• eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it hits 3 targets, has a 4.5 sec duration, doesn't break on dmg and will break blocking in future updates. You have to cc break Fear, otherwise you'll die 100% certain. That's what makes it different from other cc's ignoring block.

I'm not saying this makes NB OP. My mele magicka NB feels super squish on PTS (where is my class shield ZoS?). But Fear still happens to be the most *** and annoying cc in the game. It's bearable on live due to Immovable, but after the nerf I guess Arena Set for life. I just rather they boost and balance the NB class around something else than stupid unblockable Fear spam.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »

Till then.....

NBs have won dueling tournys, at least in Legends they have. Personally I have had great success 1v1, and 1.6 buffed me a ton.

The idea that NBs can't compete 1v1 is ridiculous, and I'm more than happy to prove it against anyone who wants to give it a go.

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Till then.....

*Raises Hand*
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

sap. /Thread

But reading your signature tells me you play the stereotyped gank/stealther Nightblade which is not the only role a nightblade can play. You need to look outside your biases to understand the strengths of a nightblade are in other places as well.

How is sap a CC / Debuff?

You asked for a skill better than talons, you didn't ask for a CC / Debuff....

yup, you didn't read my post as it was a question to an individual about CC. You also assumed that I'm only a ganker...yet my primary flag / group push build is anything but your assumption (sap, leech, bats).

Then you did your little internet /thread/drop mic whatever thing to think you're cool.

go dragonleap a scroll.

HA, not raging, just bored on a Friday. Still think NB/Vamps are the best DPS in PvP.

They aren't the best DPS because DKs can put out more damage in the end.
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Till then.....

<.< I would of won a dueling tourny by now if people didnt abuse things in dueling...
    we had to ban the playstyle after that tourny xD
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siphoning-Reflect NB op
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siphoning-Reflect NB op
    Boring. Less than destro, but still boring.

~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel