The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.61 Notes, NB OP

Suru
Suru
✭✭✭✭
1.6.1****

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149987/pts-patch-notes-v1-6-1#latest
  • You can no longer hold block while feared.

Other Things
  • PVP kills no longer grant Ultimate.

Discuss.
Edited by Suru on February 3, 2015 10:49PM

Suru
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this make the NB OPd? If you are feared you shouldnt be able to do anything. That fear also costs alot of magika. From my experience in PVP less than 20% of NBs even use it
    Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on February 3, 2015 10:51PM
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does this make the NB OPd? If you are feared you shouldnt be able to do anything. That fear also costs alot of magika. From my experience in PVP less than 20% of NBs even use it

Yea its true that few NB's even used the skill, but sometimes what would save you would be being to hold block/CC'd break. Since it pierces block its a guaranteed gib if you don't have the resources. Not complaining, just hope to see it more now that its being buff'd even more..

Suru
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fear goes through block, the only CC that locks you out of abilities but isn't blockable. This makes fear strong as *** right now. And fear costs a lot of magicka compared to some of your dps abilities sure, but its an aoe cc with a long term effect.... it should cost a lot (but in the grand scheme of other abilities in the game its cheap).
    Edited by Huntler on February 3, 2015 10:55PM
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Fear goes through block, the only CC that locks you out of abilities but isn't blockable. This makes fear strong as *** right now. And fear costs a lot of magicka compared to some of your dps abilities sure, but its an aoe cc with a long term effect.... it should cost a lot (but in the grand scheme of other abilities in the game its cheap).

For how strong it is with this change, its like a mini ult where if we arent ready to CC break or have Immovable up (which just got a nerf in the patch notes) it can wipe multiple groups by spamming this skill. Kinda like negate does sorta kinda.

Suru
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly dont think this changes anything. If you have the stam, you will break fear. If you dont then your really low on it, at which point you will stop blocking in the fear anyways because of 0 stam.

The kills ulti thing is a step in the wrong direction though.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why don't you CC break it when feared... like most people do..

if any class will be "OP" it will be the Templar.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and I know what you are going to say "I am a magicka build in LA".... well, that means your build has a weakness. You can stack a hoard of damage shields, Its only fair for LA magicka builds to have a weakness in the stamina/CC department.

Edited by Cody on February 3, 2015 11:59PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finally.

I welcome myself as your new overlord.

But srsly nerf fear.
    Edited by Satiar on February 3, 2015 11:45PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selling 8-trait light armor and heavy armor. PST!
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    and I know what you are going to say "I am a magicka build in LA".... well, that means your build has a weakness. You can stack a hoard of damage shields, Its only fair for LA magicka builds to have a weakness in the stamina/CC department.

stay at range, make use of knockback skills, get more stamina..... whichever solution floats your boat, but you are going to have weaknesses, accept it and learn to work around it.

I have plenty of stamina, but this is a pretty strong skill as it is the only skill type in the game that Pierces block tho.

Suru
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But really, I dunno. When people block in fear on PTS, I can ruin their stamina bar. And then I can fear them again later.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more upset by the continued healing nerfs coupled with immovable nerf. Welcome to Elder CC online. CC is already spammed like crazy, damn near half the abilities people run have some kind of CC component. 1.6 damage is already way huge and TTK is way down.... couple that with not being able to defend yourself/counteract CC as well (lets be honest even instantly breaking CC you can still already have been delayed too much to die/lose the fight).... this is just dumb.

Oh and well right now damage shields > any heal..... absolutely ridiculous
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Selling 8-trait light armor and heavy armor. PST!

Do u take credit ?

capitalone-viking-121010.jpg?1292014656
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC break is your friend... Permablockers crack me up.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »

stay at range, make use of knockback skills, get more stamina..... whichever solution floats your boat, but you are going to have weaknesses, accept it and learn to work around it.

I have plenty of stamina, but this is a pretty strong skill as it is the only skill type in the game that Pierces block tho.

and stacking a ridiculous almost never ending hoard of damage shields is a very strong ability also.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah yet another nerf to Restoration...I don't get it. I'm finding myself having a harder and harder time justifying Healing ward and a Resto staff over Destro and another ability.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe when they fix shadow cloak so it can remove sorceror dots. The one they put on you that explodes after a certain time... yeah it doesn't remove that and the explosion takes you out of stealth. Its not easy being sneaky. =(
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • squshy7
    squshy7
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe when they fix shadow cloak so it can remove sorceror dots. The one they put on you that explodes after a certain time... yeah it doesn't remove that and the explosion takes you out of stealth. Its not easy being sneaky. =(

That's not a dot, and nor should it be removed by using cloak. I say this as an early access main NB. Balance is a good thing, remember.
    In order of conception:
    Castnia Ashwind VR14 Nightblade; original Day 1 Vampire, bloodfiends, not bought. You're probably in my family tree.
    Jul'eh Kaleh VR14 Templar
    Lysnta Ashwind VR14 Sorcerer

Awaken
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah yet another nerf to Restoration...I don't get it. I'm finding myself having a harder and harder time justifying Healing ward and a Resto staff over Destro and another ability.

Imagine how us templar healers feel... this is a MASSIVE nerf to templar healing already coupled with several other massive nerfs in the original 1.6 . It is actually getting ridiculous. Shields are more magicka efficient than my heals right now.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    squshy7 wrote: »

That's not a dot, and nor should it be removed by using cloak. I say this as an early access main NB. Balance is a good thing, remember.

Balance works in both directions, if i cant remove it then its in the sorcs favor. What actually does it remove lol....... Im trying to think, but its hard! Im a beta nb main too btw look at my user name.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, i bet if you find me, and can get close to me, you win.

But if you are there out in the open,
    hoping no one notice,i can not be seen.
    Killer queen on the shadows behind, is the cat, not an bat!
    one eye closed, blink fast.. Disposed!
    Bring a coffin, here have a muffin, SWEET:trollface:

Rogue is deadly, especially if you are #FluffyBigDog

Think it like this:

This one just trowed a sharp stick, and you were unable to fetch.
    Edited by Anu_Saukko_Tutkija on February 4, 2015 3:09AM
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Imagine how us templar healers feel... this is a MASSIVE nerf to templar healing already coupled with several other massive nerfs in the original 1.6 . It is actually getting ridiculous. Shields are more magicka efficient than my heals right now.

They keep making silly decisions like buffing sorcs based on what mouth breathers are saying. It's the same with fear... I have a nightblade and fear shouldn't break block.
    Edited by Xsorus on February 4, 2015 4:00AM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs, templars and DKs all have cc through block abilities now. How does this make them overpowered when compared to the other classes?
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    squshy7 wrote: »

Balance works in both directions, if i cant remove it then its in the sorcs favor. What actually does it remove lol....... Im trying to think, but its hard! Im a beta nb main too btw look at my user name.
    It's called purge.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying only 20% of nightblades use Aspect of Terror? It should be on every NB bar. It's already strong pre-1.6. Along with Surprise Attack and Ambush it's a no-brainer.

Shocks me to think. And it's going to work on 3 enemies now. muhahaha

Of course with Surprise attack and Ambush going stamina, that will make me have to make decisions there. Gonna have to have a more balanced build now.
    Edited by JDar on February 4, 2015 7:06AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »

All disorients go through block on the pts...which is probably intended, they changed some skills that used to disorient. (shock touch, streak)

fear is a little stronger since it shouldn't break on damage, but you should also get CC immunity when out of it.
    Edited by Domander on February 4, 2015 7:10AM
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this applies to all skills that use fear right? Like Turn Undead and the Werewolves ult? Don't see this as a NB issue, or an issue at all.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But NB melee magicka got no burst on PTS, so why is it a problem?
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a change. It is reverting the PTS back to the way fear behaves on live.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB OP? More like Sorc OP. All you see on PTS is Sorcerers decimating everything.