The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[Video] Vampire DKs are op *proof*

Etaniel
Etaniel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzhw2mHAFI&feature=youtu.be

Title says it all ;)
Tears from non-vamp haters will be collected and sold for charity
Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if that NB would have feared you, you would have been dead:/
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Very true. I'd be lying if I said these guys are elite players. No offense to them !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Very true. I'd be lying if I said these guys are elite players. No offense to them !

lol.

Im just going to enjoy all the hate that will come on this thread.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For better or worse, these videos will be ending for the most part in 1.6.

There will still be very tanky "unkillable" builds, but it looks like doing lots of damage at the same time will not be possible.

At least after a week messing around on the PTS that is the impression I am getting.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There will still be very tanky "unkillable" builds, but it looks like doing lots of damage at the same time will not be possible.

My current build isn't the most tankiest you can make, and it certainly doesn't work as well against experienced players. As said before, fear, or things like eclipse, any sort of debuff, and i go down very fast. Most important is to not feed me ultimate by throwing as much projectiles as you possibly can into my wings. In 1.6 i still won't be able to tank big numbers of strong players, but it looks like i won't be able to tank clearly outskilled players either. And that's kinda sad
    Edited by Etaniel on February 1, 2015 7:07PM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My current build isn't the most tankiest you can make, and it certainly doesn't work as well against experienced players. As said before, fear, or things like eclipse, any sort of debuff, and i go down very fast. Most important is to not feed me ultimate by throwing as much projectiles as you possibly can into my wings. In 1.6 i still won't be able to tank big numbers of strong players, but it looks like i won't be able to tank clearly outskilled players either. And that's kinda sad

don't worry. just adopt a damage shield spam/stack build. You will be almost unkillaible
  • Sharkan
    Sharkan
    Hehe...surprise surprise !!!
    A magic user Vampire DK + 1H shield ^^

By the way, I'm not blaming players for doing the best use of the game, I'm just astonished by the lack of reaction from zenimax to fix this kind of Game Design shame.

Yesterday, I was on Haderus, we were all defending the scroll from the blue when the enemy Emperor (guess what...a Vampire DK + 1H/Shield) stormed right ON THE SCROLL, alone, targeted by all including the NPC + fire balistas (I had one...) , meatbags, you name it... and managed to stay there at least 30s before finally being forced to leave.
    I reassure you, he was back in 1 minute later and this time we lost the scroll ^^

I just hope 1.6 can fix that, because at this level, it's no longer a hand clap for a nice build, it's a face palm for incredibly bad game balancing.

...dreaming of no more infinite resource regen, no more vampire resisting fire better than a fire dragon itself and no more ultimate spam every 15s...
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharkan wrote: »

By the way, I'm not blaming players for doing the best use of the game, I'm just astonished by the lack of reaction from zenimax to fix this kind of Game Design shame.

Yesterday, I was on Haderus, we were all defending the scroll from the blue when the enemy Emperor (guess what...a Vampire DK + 1H/Shield) stormed right ON THE SCROLL, alone, targeted by all including the NPC + fire balistas (I had one...) , meatbags, you name it... and managed to stay there at least 30s before finally being forced to leave.
    I reassure you, he was back in 1 minute later and this time we lost the scroll ^^

I just hope 1.6 can fix that, because at this level, it's no longer a hand clap for a nice build, it's a face palm for incredibly bad game balancing.

...dreaming of no more infinite resource regen, no more vampire resisting fire better than a fire dragon itself and no more ultimate spam every 15s...

Its really a L2P issues and for lack of a better word, "Skill"from AD on haderus. These blue know how to fight, know how to kill and most importantly know how to play. In his video, knowing it was haderus and looking at the people he was fighting, it was really a test of his own resource management to indulge on the free AP before him. Maybe the AP Farm that is haderus will transform the AD into better players at one point. It would have taken, as said above, one fear to kill theguy. One skill and out of maybe 10+ players there, not one had it.

Suru
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not nessesarily the combination of dk and vamp that is op (its powerful tho) but the true OPness of the dk is the ultimate generation and the passive battle roar. Nerfnerfnerf:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »

Its really a L2P issues and for lack of a better word, "Skill"from AD on haderus. These blue know how to fight, know how to kill and most importantly know how to play. In his video, knowing it was haderus and looking at the people he was fighting, it was really a test of his own resource management to indulge on the free AP before him. Maybe the AP Farm that is haderus will transform the AD into better players at one point. It would have taken, as said above, one fear to kill theguy. One skill and out of maybe 10+ players there, not one had it.

The majority of the AD players on Haderus are PvE'ers trying to get their buff server back, aren't they?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey a video of a DK Vampire owning a bunch of scrubs!

Crap subject for a video, but very well produced!
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun video.
    Your rotations are excellent!
    Keep destroying the yellow and red!
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll keep em coming Kris ;)
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entertaining video, showcasing how people claim DKs are OP when they're feeding them HP and ultimate. I saw a fail twice on your part though, you had banner charged once or twice in the video but used bats anyway... Dats bad... Banner > Bats.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The majority of the AD players on Haderus are PvE'ers trying to get their buff server back, aren't they?

Yes.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually, I tried to fear the Emperor (and many other vampire dk's , sorc vampires and all the vampires running amok blue side). I tried so many times I can't count it. Granted, I was using the fighters guild ability, but frankly I don't think it sent anyone into fear once the last few days. Evil hunter and Silver bolts occasionally work, but for the most part are terrible with respect to what Battle Roar, Bat Swarm and a swath of aoes can do. Its been fun fighting Kizzl and his band (although a few seem a little rude, but that's true of some our guys as well I'm sure), and from what I see a bunch of your guys seem decent guys. I do think its pretty ridiculous though when 20 v14's are slamming down fire spells, meatbags, and an army of npc's and can't kill one guy. Even some of the non emperor vampire dk's seem to go on and on forever.

Lets be fair here. All a Dk Vampire has to do is charge a few characters, cycle talons, dragonwings and let his bats eat them up, and talons to keep them rooted. Fighters Guild is very weak by comparision. The other problem with bat swarm is that random players just following along with us can sit there and feed the vampire, regardless of what tactics we use. Its been interesting though, and it would be nice if we had more DK's using talons or Sorcs using the crystal path ability, or Nightblades using fear. I just find it really sad that the guild fear is so weak. The two skill lines are by no means equal. Even the ultimate Dawnbreaker, fully morphed and specced is like tossing a cottonball at a vampire. What on earth is up with that? This is a Zos problem. Its also a coordination problem, but its difficult to coordinate even with proper planning, and just a nightmare when the whole enemy team has bat swarms and talons and bolt escapes dropping stamina to nil, and in return feeding bats. If you have the I win counter vs such a build, I'd really like to see it. (I don't want to see a counter versus a low level afk vampire dk either).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I tried to fear the Emperor (and many other vampire dk's , sorc vampires and all the vampires running amok blue side). I tried so many times I can't count it. Granted, I was using the fighters guild ability, but frankly I don't think it sent anyone into fear once the last few days. Evil hunter and Silver bolts occasionally work, but for the most part are terrible with respect to what Battle Roar, Bat Swarm and a swath of aoes can do. Its been fun fighting Kizzl and his band (although a few seem a little rude, but that's true of some our guys as well I'm sure), and from what I see a bunch of your guys seem decent guys. I do think its pretty ridiculous though when 20 v14's are slamming down fire spells, meatbags, and an army of npc's and can't kill one guy. Even some of the non emperor vampire dk's seem to go on and on forever.

Lets be fair here. All a Dk Vampire has to do is charge a few characters, cycle talons, dragonwings and let his bats eat them up, and talons to keep them rooted. Fighters Guild is very weak by comparision. The other problem with bat swarm is that random players just following along with us can sit there and feed the vampire, regardless of what tactics we use. Its been interesting though, and it would be nice if we had more DK's using talons or Sorcs using the crystal path ability, or Nightblades using fear. I just find it really sad that the guild fear is so weak. The two skill lines are by no means equal. Even the ultimate Dawnbreaker, fully morphed and specced is like tossing a cottonball at a vampire. What on earth is up with that? This is a Zos problem. Its also a coordination problem, but its difficult to coordinate even with proper planning, and just a nightmare when the whole enemy team has bat swarms and talons and bolt escapes dropping stamina to nil, and in return feeding bats. If you have the I win counter vs such a build, I'd really like to see it. (I don't want to see a counter versus a low level afk vampire dk either).

I have no problem with vampires or DK vampire emperors, they just need to buff fighter's guild skills. They did buff silver bolts, the proc chance is 30% now at rank IV which is awesome, Dawnbreaker should do like 60% of a vampire's HP flat, noncrit. It's an ultimate, meant for vampire carnage, but it does do nothing.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

Personally I don't think the buff even makes sense to have. I pvp for the sake of pvp. In fact I play the game for the sake of fun in general, and if it stops being fun I don't play. I can't speak to the intentions of other Aldmeri Dominion players.

I'd like to add there isn't a lot of mystery behind what is going on here. Reflective scale tosses back everything from arrows of all kinds to basically every single target spell in the game. This forces players to use weak and easily avoidable aoe's for the most part, or melee attacks. Solution? Cinder Storm and Talons. All those aoe's against rooted foes now push your ultimate meter through the roof. Spam Battle Standard or Bat Swarm as necessary. Rinse repeat. Add inhale/exhale/whatever to the mix. Its not a particularly original idea, my Dunmer DK Vampire was leveled up before I ever jumped into pvp, and I figured out that build more or less the first month of the game. Its a no brainer. I do think some of the players using it, use it artfully though, and have some interesting moves, so don't take what I'm saying as insult.

Mocking random disorganized players though who are dipping their feet into the pvp realm, that's no cool, and shame on you. Shame on me if I do the same. We want more people to get in here. Way too many people stroke their own egos in pvp on any game than the should.

(By the way to the unstable core/eclipse comment: it only works if you don't break out/have a buddy purify. Most smart pvp'ers breakout, and continue to have their awesome reflective scales up... meanwhile I can't target you with unstable core for a few seconds. Its of limited utility.)
    At the end of the day, no game is purely balanced, and there will always be gear inequities between players as well.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

I have no problem with vampires or DK vampire emperors, they just need to buff fighter's guild skills. They did buff silver bolts, the proc chance is 30% now at rank IV which is awesome, Dawnbreaker should do like 60% of a vampire's HP flat, noncrit. It's an ultimate, meant for vampire carnage, but it does do nothing.

This is precisely how I feel (though I do think Battle Roar is really overpowered as well). I don't want to see vampires, dk's or emperors ruined. ZoS has created a balance problem though, that has been around a very long time. I get the feeling this is partly why a lot of the changes are coming in 1.6. Fighters Guild though is really laughably flat for what it is. It really bothers me how Turn Undead (circle of protection) is not a suitable counter either. All of the guild abilities come at a great cost (namely at being useful versus non vampires) as well. This is really why the game needs a dueling method, and not just two players running across cyrodiil to fight each other (and hopefully not get interrupted). Whatever happened to Legend?
    <And plenty more>
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will greatly miss doing this same exact thing with my DK; however, I am enjoying the 1.6 changes a lot, it feels a lot better to have to play DK a lot more technical now. I'm loving it. While I'll miss the days of batswarming and obliterating the noobles, I'm looking forward to obliterating the noobles in a different form :D

Have you messed around with the PTS yet, @Etaniel ?
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome vid! But why didn't you take the healer out sooner?
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice vid, good job. What's your gear btw ?
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Panda244 There are a few fails in here, including bats instead of banner as you said. That clip is about a month old and that's something i'm working on, especially since i've tweaked my gear a bit and banners drop a bit easier.
    It really is situational though. If my enemies are too spread out, i want to keep a high mobility, and if i drop a banner, i feel a bit forced to stay inside it to take advantage of the dps and heal reduce, but if it's open field like in this video, it's hard to keep people inside it.

@dodgehopper_ESO Keep fearing, cc is the key against dks like me. Silver bolts are good, but don't use them against a winged dk ! you can use them as opener or try to time them on the end of wings, but i don't recommend it.
    (By the way to the unstable core/eclipse comment: it only works if you don't break out/have a buddy purify. Most smart pvp'ers breakout, and continue to have their awesome reflective scales up... meanwhile I can't target you with unstable core for a few seconds. Its of limited utility.)

That's the point, making me break out and drain my stamina so i can be feared or cc'ed in anyway else and have too low stamina to do anything about it. My stamina management in this clip is terrible, i'm still confused as to why i didn't get more cc thrown at me.
    Mocking random disorganized players though who are dipping their feet into the pvp realm, that's no cool, and shame on you

Well, yeah i guess. I do see at least one colonel in the mix though

@DisgracefulMind I'm waiting for the EU character transfers to go through before jumping in the pts, don't want to waste time grinding to level up the morphs

@kewl Good question ^^

@Vanzen that's a secret :o
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Panda244 There are a few fails in here, including bats instead of banner as you said. That clip is about a month old and that's something i'm working on, especially since i've tweaked my gear a bit and banners drop a bit easier.
    It really is situational though. If my enemies are too spread out, i want to keep a high mobility, and if i drop a banner, i feel a bit forced to stay inside it to take advantage of the dps and heal reduce, but if it's open field like in this video, it's hard to keep people inside it.

@Etaniel‌ yeah I hear you, it's situational, when I was a vampire I used banner over bats if it was charged no matter what just due to the boost you get from Battle Roar being larger, I never had a problem with heals so I used Clouding Swarm for the lulz, and I really only used it on 3-4 people, for the larger groups I used banner, even if they rolled out, the 50% reduction, when timed properly, lets you drop people quick, especially since I used reverb bash, and if timed properly you can Invasion-Reverb Bash instantly, so when I dropped my banners I'd choose someone. Drop it. Roll dodge backwards, Invasion/Reverb, instant 90% heal reduction and the 2-3s I need to whip them to death. :mrgreen:

Otherwise great video! :disagree:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used banner over bats if it was charged no matter what just due to the boost you get from Battle Roar being larger

The battle roar boost is the same, as the base cost is the same on both ultimates (at least i think ? :open_mouth: )

Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all of you thinking it's the vamp+DK=OP, try having an average player or (noob) as their called with the same build and skills, get the same results as this video. It's not the build or skills of the character, it's the skill of the player that allows them to face roll ppl. I've seen NB, sorcs and temps do just as much damage to as many ppl as this DK. If it were that single combo of vamp/DK, that made such a difference, then everyone in PvP would have rolled a DK alt. This is not the case because the really good player's know how to use their class and skills to maximum efficiency. Don't cry!.....ADAPT!
    NA/PC
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used banner over bats if it was charged no matter what just due to the boost you get from Battle Roar being larger

The battle roar boost is the same, as the base cost is the same on both ultimates (at least i think ? :open_mouth: )

Morphed bats on level one is 213 i think, bats will give a bigger resource boost then banner.
    :]
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my only gripe regarding vamps is that the warrior guild skills are not working at all vs dks anymore...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sharkan
    Sharkan
    Thanks Etaniel for giving back advices on "how to defeat this kind of build".
    Nothing I didn't know but It's appreciated :) (at least much better than the usual "nah...stupid noob..." comment I see around. (like all DKs are good players and all the other would be noobs ?)

I always laugh when I hear people saying "Yeah...I eat DK for breakfast" because, as a V12 (often fighting against top cranked V14 players ^^) and as a NB I really find it super difficult to kill DK, unless I'm stealth ganking one (and even there, I need to hope he's dreaming of his next hollidays while riding his horse ;) )

I can't use bow nore single target spells that might all be reflected, I don't have any powerful AOE and getting in close range means, I'll get taloned and AOE + whiped to death.

Talon = you can't even orient yourself and face your opponent, so you have to roll away and that eats your stamina.
    Maybe I should try the immovable skill from heavy armor, but I hate how short it is. Note : A Talon + Banner and I'm already at 50% life when I manage to get out of it.

And if that wasn't enough, the crazy Bat Swarm thing follows you, so, a quick Shield Charge, and you catch up with people, talon, feed on them, etc even if they try to stay away.

Not talking about the insane life regen + tanking + dmg shield of DKs.

Fearing or turn undead against vamp are almost annoying jokes : I'll be dead before you are out of stamina, and I won't be able to kill you in the 4s opening it creates.

I can see how maybe a mage could be annoying, teleporting out of range and spamming shield and dmg when an opening occurs, but for me, it's hard.

Maybe I just need to wait to be V14 (I already noted that comming from V10 to V12 I'm much more lethal) so maybe it's just that...though...I'm not the only one having trouble with Vamp DK. Most players do.

It seems so easy on one side, and so hard on the other : this build works in almost any situation but you need to have a special build just to counter it.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sharkan If you are on the EU server, i recommend you check out the duelling scene with the guild Arena (i think the duel guild in NA is Legend?), because when i duel, the matchup with which i have the most trouble is usually vs NB. When i say trouble i don't mean i have a hard time winning, i mean i have a hard time not loosing :p It's really not as onesided as you may think. Also you're a v12 ! Go get those two extra levels and max out your gear, it really helps ;)
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK