The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, how about that Radiant Destruction then...

• Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    Tried to kill a player with 36k health with it today and i wasnt able to kill him with it while he was at 10%~25% health, he would just block and bash me every time i tried to execute him.

Shh, quit defending your a Templar. Only other classes get to mention and get your skills nerfed. That's how it worked with DKs right?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im from EU, thus I'm playing with template characters atm and wearing Yokeda heavy armor with divines trait. Never "melted" before from 100% health to 0 in just 2-3 cast as some of you claimed.
    I wonder what you guys wearing. Or do you wearing something at all?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gooey wrote: »
    Subtomik wrote: »
    Mine only ever "melts" someone who I put backlash and darkflare on and who has sub 30% health while almost full magicka

Most of the people crying about it killing them from 60% are playing glass cannons and don't understand they can't tank with light armor anymore.

I think that's going to be what we hear a lot about in the next few months. These people that are used to being able to jump into a zerg and live that can't do that anymore. The ones that have been playing defensively all along will adjust much more quickly.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    Im from EU, thus I'm playing with template characters atm and wearing Yokeda heavy armor with divines trait. Never "melted" before from 100% health to 0 in just 2-3 cast as some of you claimed.
    I wonder what you guys wearing. Or do you wearing something at all?
    If for some reason my cloak doesn't clr it, which sometimes I need 2-3 casts (bug with RD) I've taken 22k dmg from 3 ticks... Idk I could be wrong, but it seem a liiil bit out of whack compared to ALL the other skills in the game ;)
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Sub and I seldom agree, but when we do it's on things like this.
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on January 30, 2015 11:41AM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fix Cloak!

Am I doing this right? I've only been a NB for a week, still learning the dark art of thread hijacking.
    Edited by Maulkin on January 30, 2015 10:15AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you nailed it mike.

Doing right.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]

Ameristralia
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on January 30, 2015 11:41AM
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And I don't want to hear your pansy foreign "history lessons" because everything before 1776 was a mistake.

Hell yeah! Screw Thermometers!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    Or do you wearing something at all?

I usually play nekkid irl, how on earth did you know that :o
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on January 30, 2015 1:17PM
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fought a templar last night who used this on me at least 3 times. Shield charged him each time & put an end to it. Aside from the fact that it currently ignore LOS, I don't see what people are complaining about.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice to see some level-headed people in this thread now.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm

Edited by Soris on January 30, 2015 4:03PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's early to be sure if it's OP or not as we're all adjusting pretty much everything. It's a mechanic that's easy enough to work around (providing they fix the LOS bug), and I'm sure we'll see more ideas to counter this as we get further into testing. That being said, Templars will likely improve their output as well. I haven't tested it much in PvP, but I've got the damage of a single cast as high as 35k without full magicka.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    Time to go dps :blush:
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it ironic the person who has the loudest objection to Radiant Destruction made a discussion titled "standard - Bend Over nerf" or something like that and declared the death of DKs from 1.6. I didn't hear him calling for the balance to the skills he used for months and months that everyone thought was OP. Care for the future of PvP and the game when it isn't your pet class that is accused of being OP. Yeah, we all get it.

As for radiant destruction, it's fine...except I think the health threshold at 50% is too high. People are getting upset at the damage numbers but they are a bit misleading: it is a 3 second channel, i.e. it doesn't do that much damage at the push of a button. If a nightblade strings along 3 impales...isn't that going to do just as much damage?

The vulnerability threshold needs to be lower than 50% but higher the the nightblades 25% because Radiant's mechanics are clumsy, time consuming, are relatively easy to mitigate (certainly in comparison to sorcs/NBs execute), and make the caster vulnerable (unlike sorcs and NBs who merely hit a button from safety). It also shouldn't shoot through walls obviously.
    Edited by Joy_Division on January 31, 2015 8:03AM
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it ironic the person who has the loudest objection to Radiant Destruction made a discussion titled "standard - Bend Over nerf" or something like that and declared the death of DKs from 1.6. I didn't hear him calling for the balance to the skills he used for months and months that everyone thought was OP. Care for the future of PvP and the game when it isn't your pet class that is accused of being OP. Yeah, we all get it.

As for radiant destruction, it's fine...except I think the health threshold at 50% is too high. People are getting upset at the damage numbers but they are a bit misleading: it is a 3 second channel, i.e. it doesn't do that much damage at the push of a button. If a nightblade strings along 3 impales...isn't that going to do just as much damage?

The vulnerability threshold needs to be lower than 50% but higher the the nightblades 25% because Radiant's mechanics are clumsy, time consuming, are relatively easy to mitigate (certainly in comparison to sorcs/NBs execute), and make the caster vulnerable (unlike sorcs and NBs who merely hit a button from safety). It also shouldn't shoot through walls obviously.

Check the sig, I play all classes. In fact my nightblade has the most overall playtime. So to put me in some kind of biased frame of reference is horsecrap really =D

Which is of course what everyone on the forums tries to do, ad hominem everyone accusing them of class bias by what they play, that everything they say is skewed by favoritism.

Also you might want to check my thread history a little more deeply. Assuming not all were deleted/removed due to going horribly off topic and being heavily moderated I was behind the exposure of quite a few exploits and broken systems in the game some of my own peers took advantage of for the longest time.

So before you ever accuse me of bias, get to know a little more about me first past what some butthurt forum troll said in game on in a teamspeak somewhere. Just saying.

Also to directly address DKs. The DK has not been OP for quite some time. After eight nerfs the class was completely balanced. They finally had it right. Remember, even if one is very hard to kill, and some have really strong damage potential, they also are very easy to kite/avoid or just plain ignore. They also have no escape mechanic such as a sorc or nightblade may have. So for all of the PBAoE badassery some DKs may have enjoyed, for the vast majority of the playerbase its been a walking frustration watching the class get nerfed at every opportunity, some of the nerfs didnt even make sense, such as the recent standard nerf, which increases the ultimate cost of the IMMOVABLE morph, the one designed to let a DK turtle when he is being hammered on in close quarters. So what is a class that can no longer sustain survivability vs everything around him trying to plink him down from range? Hit his wings and try to turtle that way while looking for a target of opportunity to close gaps? OH thats right, they even nerfed wings so you cant tank from range either.

The problem with DKs was never what the class itself was capable of, it was the morons on the forums doing all they could to force the devs to nerf dks so that literally anything can kill them from anywhere. God forbid an archer hiding on a wall cant one shot something below him without repercussion, right?
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you put the threashhold lower you´ll need to significantly increase the dmg as it is allready out dpsed by LA+CS and it it is the only 100% supressable executioner on top ... and as every other executioner creates more DPS than RA the DMG increasement to balance all of that would create only more crying and seas of tears.

spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Fought a templar last night who used this on me at least 3 times. Shield charged him each time & put an end to it. Aside from the fact that it currently ignore LOS, I don't see what people are complaining about.

If my nightblade got a spell called 'finger of death' that would simply kill you everytime regardless of anything else, would you be okay with it as long as it is a 3 second channel that you can interrupt?

Because that's what i'm hearing a lot in this thread. "It is okay because you can just interrupt it!"
    Edited by Sharee on January 31, 2015 9:19AM
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wann ahave the skill 'Finger of Death' as an excuse for broken Dark Cloak !!! 1s Cast Time shoudl be enough to make it balanced...
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine only ever "melts" someone who I put backlash and darkflare on and who has sub 30% health while almost full magicka

I don't think people understand that we were coordinating these attacks, stacking DOTS, backlash, then executing and tossing in Soul Strike as well. Team Speak and coordination really does wonders in PvP games, give it a shot.

I mean, we can swap to 2 hands and start Critical Charging the same target and the end result would be the same, "Crit Charge OP!"
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

If my nightblade got a spell called 'finger of death' that would simply kill you everytime regardless of anything else, would you be okay with it as long as it is a 3 second channel that you can interrupt?

Because that's what i'm hearing a lot in this thread. "It is okay because you can just interrupt it!"

But it doesn't kill you everytime regardless of anything else, so what was your point again? I've used it several times on people below 20% HP and they didn't die, it's even in the group pvp video I posted.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is the ability didn't come close to "simply kill[ing me] everytime regardless of anything else" even when I was low to begin with. The reason I shield charged was because I saw that the templar didn't have immovable up & knew he was stuck in a 3 second channel and couldn't block if he wanted the full channel. It's called situational awareness ... if more people playing ESO had it, then there would be fewer people QQing that everything that kills them is OP.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos used this on me a few times the other night and only killed me with it once and that was because I didn't aim right to bash him in time. I was able to interrupt with bashes and crystal frags. I don't use the streak morph of bolt escape, but the stun from that would probably work as well.

Being able to use through walls needs to be corrected, but out in the open shouldn't be too much of an issue. Since this is a channeled skill, the player using it is making their self vulnerable while casting.

As for multiple templars using it on you at once, you'd be dead if multiples of any class targeted you all at once with a powerful skill. Look at bow users now and multiple people using lethal arrow on single players at the same time while in stealth.

Fully agree,

the LOS bug needs to be fixed, thats for sure,

but other then that the skill is in a right place
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

But it doesn't kill you everytime regardless of anything else, so what was your point again?

My point is that "you can just interrupt it" does not make an obviously overpowered ability (like my hypothetical finger of death) any less overpowered.

Thus if you want to ague that radiant destruction is not overpowered, use a different reasoning.
    Edited by Sharee on January 31, 2015 4:38PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But it doesn't kill you everytime regardless of anything else, so what was your point again?

My point is that "you can just interrupt it" does not make an obviously overpowered ability (like my hypothetical finger of death) any less overpowered.

Thus if you want to ague that radiant destruction is not overpowered, use a different reasoning.

You see, you're comparing two completely different abilities and that's not how it works.

Interrupting it is a valid argument for why it is not overpowered. It's just as strong as other executes, but it's the only one to have multiple ways of countering it. That's something that needs to be brought up. Again... it is not stronger than impale. It just has a different use in pvp than impale does. It wasn't even the end of the first day of PTS that I had already figured out how to counter its use on me (in group pvp no less) without interrupting it.

Why don't I just start making comparisons between Radiant Destruction and Wrecking Blow? Sabre Ali was regularly critting me with 10k wrecking blows and the highest Radiant Destruction I've gotten off was 24k over 3 seconds. Obviously if Sabre casted 3 wrecking blows one after the other it would have done 30k damage in the same time span right? BUT IT'S NOT EVEN AN EXECUTE! We should rename this thread the nerf Wrecking Blow thread. Forget about the fact you can interrupt wrecking blow >.>
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You see, you're comparing two completely different abilities and that's not how it works.

"Finger of death" is example of a (theoretical) obviously overpowered ability. Would making it interruptable make it not overpowered? No.

Therefore, if you want to convince someone who thinks that radiant destruction is overpowered, that it in fact is not, you will have to do better than just say "but it can be interrupted", for the reason above.

I don't know how much clearer i could explain this point.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People have pointed out other ways in which you can overcome the damage from this ability, but you seem to have ignored them.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Finger of death" is example of a (theoretical) obviously overpowered ability. Would making it interruptable make it not overpowered? No.

Therefore, if you want to convince someone who thinks that radiant destruction is overpowered, that it in fact is not, you will have to do better than just say "but it can be interrupted", for the reason above.

the problem you do not realize is that every ability in this game does comparable and executioner and other channeld abilities do even more dmg than this ability over its 3 sec casting time.
    how in anybodies sane mind can that be overpowered?
    all you see is the death recap listing an ability doing 24k dmg, not realizing the 4x 11k from other abilities by one other player have been dealt in the same time frame.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

This discussion has been closed.