The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, how about that Radiant Destruction then...

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    rupt him with either bash or CS/VA = up to 5sec of cc on him and tons of dmg

Not through a wall you cant.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »
    rupt him with either bash or CS/VA = up to 5sec of cc on him and tons of dmg

Not through a wall you cant.

bugs are no balancing reason. they need to be fixed nothing more nothing less.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos used this on me a few times the other night and only killed me with it once and that was because I didn't aim right to bash him in time. I was able to interrupt with bashes and crystal frags. I don't use the streak morph of bolt escape, but the stun from that would probably work as well.

Being able to use through walls needs to be corrected, but out in the open shouldn't be too much of an issue. Since this is a channeled skill, the player using it is making their self vulnerable while casting.

As for multiple templars using it on you at once, you'd be dead if multiples of any class targeted you all at once with a powerful skill. Look at bow users now and multiple people using lethal arrow on single players at the same time while in stealth.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Templars trying to defend it, please explain my obvious L2P issue re: Radiant Destruction. I'd love to have the perfect counter for this situation.

Let's say I've been tab targeted and then tagged with Radiant Destruction just as I've walked through a keep door and the beam is on me, through the door.... What's the secret there?

Can't interrupt it that's for sure, and while it's an execute like impale as some of you are suggesting, since when does impale hit you through a wall or door for anything between 10-20K of damage. Please don't defend it...

Or maybe (and you guys know you were trolling hard last night with it, must have been some serious lol's on your TS) a counter for getting hit by three of you at the same time. Spaz amount of damage, and at one time I saw 5 beams on one dude. As Yoda would say, Trolling hard you were...

Right now this skill is as borked as silver shards was for that infamous weekend when a level 10 fresh to Cyrodiil could one shot a VR12 vam PvP veteran.

This issue pretty similar to old Blazing Shield bug that hits tousands of damage, we had months ago. People were crying like IT'S OP *** NERF IT NOW.
    But after ZOS finally fix that stupid bug, people all suddenly stop crying for nerf and realised it is not that op *** that they think before.

This skill is the same. The only problem of this skill is the line of sight issue and it does more damage targets BELLOW 50% HEALTH, not 30% or 20% as the other executes.
    So this is clearly a bug. You are free to ask for a fix but not nerf.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the LOS issue should be fixed. However...

Let's say it is OP. If we leave it like it is and allow it to go live, we'll only have to wait 10 months-- the amount of time DKs have been by far the dominant class-- before we can nerf it, and then everything will be even. Ok?

Just some perspective...
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on January 29, 2015 11:51PM
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't asking for nerf.

Your 'lazor' shoots through freaking walls, needs a fix. An Execute at 50% feels as rough as hessian underderps I feel, but that's just me. I don't run a Templar though and haven't read the tool tip, but 50% seems... high. I'd love my impale to run at 50%

I agree with Cinn, it's like snipe spam. If you are getting hit by 3-5 of that, or anything for that matter, chances are you'll die, and should expect to do so really, no doubts there and I agree.

It wasn't the fact some dude got tagged by 5 of them though, it was the fact all five of them were spamming RD and by sub's own admission he a few others racked up 500 kills in one night because of it.

You can call it what you want, but as a bystander, It looked like a bunch of guys have found a skill not working as intended and were exploiting it to maximum troll potential. It's funny to watch, but it needs to be fixed before things go live.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Fordd
    Fordd
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't asking for nerf.

Your 'lazor' shoots through freaking walls, needs a fix. An Execute at 50% feels as rough as hessian underderps I feel, but that's just me. I don't run a Templar though and haven't read the tool tip, but 50% seems... high. I'd love my impale to run at 50%

I agree with Cinn, it's like snipe spam. If you are getting hit by 3-5 of that, or anything for that matter, chances are you'll die, and should expect to do so really, no doubts there and I agree.

It wasn't the fact some dude got tagged by 5 of them though, it was the fact all five of them were spamming RD and by sub's own admission he a few others racked up 500 kills in one night because of it.

You can call it what you want, but as a bystander, It looked like a bunch of guys have found a skill not working as intended and were exploiting it to maximum troll potential. It's funny to watch, but it needs to be fixed before things go live.

Please re-read through this thread. Im pretty sure the majority of "us templars" have clearly stated that being able to use this ability through walls / doors is a bug, and it needs to be fixed prior to going live.
    Fordd / Ford Trucks
    VR14 Templar (AD)
    VR14 DK (AD)

Decibel Heals
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    Fordd wrote: »
    Wasn't asking for nerf.

Please re-read through this thread. Im pretty sure the majority of "us templars" have clearly stated that being able to use this ability through walls / doors is a bug, and it needs to be fixed prior to going live.

Yep. No one arguing that LOS issue needs to be addressed. I can't confirm the "50% execute" because I was using it at >30% anyways, but I'm sure that it can be easily tested. Barring those 2 issues, it's not OP, and you can't call it such until after it has been "fixed". Trying to jump the nerf shark on PTS just illustrates lack of objectiveness.
    #nerfkeyboards
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    #rekt
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    ok, after much testing with the wonderful skill that is radiant destruction... I have found the major flaw with it and why it is considered OP by everyone... and honestly I have to agree with that because of one simple reason

its an execute that starts doing 300% damage when the target is below HALF (50%) health.... not the 20-30% range of other execute skills

ok I need to retract that earlier statement based on further testing (finally found a workable world boss with 180k health to toy with)

at 50% health the damage goes up 100%
    at 40% it goes up 200%
    at 30% it goes up 300%

so it may be working as intended, though it may need to be changed to just start doing more at 30% and lower health
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Step 1. Get attacked by this ability

Step 2. equip a bow

Step 3. nook a venom arrow onto the bowstring

step 4: fire the venom arrow

Step 5. profit(hope he/she does not self heal then start spamming blazing shield :D)
    Edited by Cody on January 30, 2015 12:49AM
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before calling for nerfs on new/changed skills, get on the pts and find people to test with. Make friends with good players on other factions and meet up and have them cast these skills and then try to find counters. If something truly is broken, /feedback is your friend.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed Cinn, the only problem with that is thats what a proportion of AD, EP and DC were doing till sub and co came along.

Well done btw guys, your little organised group of DC that decided to do a raid on testers was awesome, I guess that's what led you to your 500 in one night exercise in lol's

Props guys, do you also attack people that are obviously dueling too?

I watched some of you guys attacking people that were looking in their bags, swapping skills and armours and so on. All three alliances had people there that were clearly doing some testing, you know on the test server. :wtf:

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had much time to test it, but to me it seems that the Jesus Beam is ignoring spell resist, period. 10k spell resist in my light armor, a Templar with 1100 spell dmg (basically equivalent to the base 93 on live), from full health (25k) his Jesus Beam takes me down to about 70%. Then if he uses Entropy for the spell dmg + Might of the Guild boost, his Jesus Beam takes me to 50% from full health.

Now, that's a lot for not even being in execute range! You can easily push spell dmg above 2k, so I'd cring to think what it would do then.

Then it gets interesting, if I put up Hardened Ward, his Entropy boosted Jesus Beam eats through about 1.5 wards, in other words exactly 50% of my health bar worth of wards. As we all know wards have no spell resist/armor. Hence my conclusion that the Jesus Beam is simply ignoring spell resist completely.

Now, until I bothered to test it I'd never even noticed the Jesus Beam as an issue in 3 days of pvp on the PTS. It's so easily countered by throwing on a dmg shield. That's not to say it's ok, obviously. It's current state just makes shield stacking even more important.

Can anyone else test the Jesus Beam against different spell resist values and see if my hunch is right?
    Edited by Teargrants on January 30, 2015 2:07AM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will attack duelers on sight if they are between nikel and ash, and if it's causing everyone to not fight at all except one on ones.

Some of us don't care about dueling and 1v1's

We care about group play and strategy and our ability to 1vx if you want to duel go pick an isolated part of the map and you won't have a problem.

As for me braidas and perph "abusing" it how is it different from 3 people sniping someone at once Ya chances are you are going to die.

The sodium levels and rage tells were amazing though, and I could not stop cracking up when 3 beams out of ghostbusters or something would just poop on a guy
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed Cinn, the only problem with that is thats what a proportion of AD, EP and DC were doing till sub and co came along.

Well done btw guys, your little organised group of DC that decided to do a raid on testers was awesome, I guess that's what led you to your 500 in one night exercise in lol's

Props guys, do you also attack people that are obviously dueling too?

I watched some of you guys attacking people that were looking in their bags, swapping skills and armours and so on. All three alliances had people there that were clearly doing some testing, you know on the test server. :wtf:

I have heard other guilds doing that too.

But who knows, I might be bitter because I'm on my 3rd day of trying to download this ***. SO CLOSE
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Haven't had much time to test it, but to me it seems that the Jesus Beam is ignoring spell resist, period. 10k spell resist in my light armor, a Templar with 1100 spell dmg (basically equivalent to the base 93 on live), from full health (25k) his Jesus Beam takes me down to about 70%. Then if he uses Entropy for the spell dmg + Might of the Guild boost, his Jesus Beam takes me to 50% from full health.

Now, that's a lot for not even being in execute range! You can easily push spell dmg above 2k, so I'd cring to think what it would do then.

Then it gets interesting, if I put up Hardened Ward, his Entropy boosted Jesus Beam eats through about 1.5 wards, in other words exactly 50% of my health bar worth of wards. As we all know wards have no spell resist/armor. Hence my conclusion that the Jesus Beam is simply ignoring spell resist completely.

Now, until I bothered to test it I'd never even noticed the Jesus Beam as an issue in 3 days of pvp on the PTS. It's so easily countered by throwing on a dmg shield. That's not to say it's ok, obviously. It's current state just makes shield stacking even more important.

Can anyone else test the Jesus Beam against different spell resist values and see if my hunch is right?

Leveling WRXX. My templar.
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you think an average night looks like for us but I can tell you that's not even that high. Last time I was emp on thorn blade I got 630k or so in about 11 hours, we get plenty of kills.

I'm not apologizing for killing people dueling in the most *** spot I have ever seen lol
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    I will attack duelers on sight if they are between nikel and ash, and if it's causing everyone to not fight at all except one on ones.

We care about group play and strategy and our ability to 1vx if you want to duel go pick an isolated part of the map and you won't have a problem.

As for me braidas and perph "abusing" it how is it different from 3 people sniping someone at once Ya chances are you are going to die.

The sodium levels and rage tells were amazing though, and I could not stop cracking up when 3 beams out of ghostbusters or something would just poop on a guy

While all forms of play need to be tested, interrupting duels is interrupting people testing how skills act together. If you want to try fighting a group of people, it should be easy enough to find another group that also want to do so.

@WRX, if you ever get it downloaded, we should get a DB group together and meet up with Sub's group.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter

• WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate quoting. Delete please
    Edited by WRX on January 30, 2015 2:25AM
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While all forms of play need to be tested, interrupting duels is interrupting people testing how skills act together. If you want to try fighting a group of people, it should be easy enough to find another group that also want to do so.

@WRX, if you ever get it downloaded, we should get a DB group together and meet up with Sub's group.

This is where we will learn some stuff.

I will need like a 12 hour grind sesh though before anything. Join uss :)
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying it's something I want to do, and duelers will tell you I have never bothered them.

That being said I stand by if you are between the nikel and ash mile gate and there isn't another single pair of swords on the PTS we want to practice as well. We got group fights going and it was a lot of fun.

Like I said, it's common sense you dont arrange duels in one of the heaviest traveled sections of the map.
    Edited by Subtomik on January 30, 2015 2:30AM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ the previous OP classes saying they play Templar all of a sudden and agree that its too powerful :P
    Edited by BRogueNZ on January 30, 2015 2:36AM
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying it's something I want to do, and duelers will tell you I have never bothered them.

That being said I stand by if you are between the nikel and ash mile gate and there isn't another single pair of swords on the PTS we want to practice as well. We got group fights going and it was a lot of fun.

Like I said, it's common sense you dont arrange duels in one of the heaviest traveled sections of the map.
    Has hubris overcome you so that you have forgotten who the TRUE owners of both Nickel fields are? I am ashamed, where is my group, we must reclaim what is ours by right!

May Dee Tick strike you down!
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    But who knows, I might be bitter because I'm on my 3rd day of trying to download this ***. SO CLOSE

I got lucky as it downloaded while I was at work, although I did ring my wife who was at home to check and make sure it was all okay. Got home, all done and dusted woohoo!

Your going to love it WRX, it's like a new game altogether.
    Edited by kijima on January 30, 2015 3:34AM

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »

my VR14 had somewhere in the ballpark of 9K-15K spell resistance(I don't remember how much exactly,I have not been on PTS for awhile)

At a sej battle, I had about 3-4ish Templars use it on me at once, I was at full health, and they barely damaged me. They only got me down because some destro staffer came in and crushing shocked me a crap ton of times, even then the "Jesus beamers"(lol) had to really work to bring me down.

could just be that you were bugged, or my VR14 had 13Kish spell resis(which is what I think it was) allowing me to withstand all those beams. idk:/

on the bright side, venom arrow users can smack them with a venom arrow shot and stop this executioner dead in its tracks:)
    Edited by Cody on January 30, 2015 3:50AM
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like its the same people that cried DK op for months that are defending Templar... DKs with op skills defend DKs, Templars with op skills defend Templars. It's a pattern that will never change, everyone knows its op, all Templars will deny that its op. This cycle will never end.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine only ever "melts" someone who I put backlash and darkflare on and who has sub 30% health while almost full magicka
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Mine only ever "melts" someone who I put backlash and darkflare on and who has sub 30% health while almost full magicka

Most of the people crying about it killing them from 60% are playing glass cannons and don't understand they can't tank with light armor anymore.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to kill a player with 36k health with it today and i wasnt able to kill him with it while he was at 10%~25% health, he would just block and bash me every time i tried to execute him.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
This discussion has been closed.