The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, how about that Radiant Destruction then...

• Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, delay on cast, has to be channeled, no stun, no heal debuff, no snare.

Yes it is bugged going through Walls and that needs to be fixed ASAP, but how in gods name is it broken in a damage sense lol.

I really think people are just not realizing that with instant backlash we will be able to pump out good burst dps.

When I get within execute range of sorcs, and nb's I react accordingly.

Some bad made an AD temp named radiant destruction and he tried to spam it to absolutely no effect. I have not had it KB me once on the PTS, meanwhile im still getting snipe spammed constantly.
  • sKorcheD
    sKorcheD
    ✭✭✭
    Tears not even 3 days after pts released are the tastiest!
    Larrdok - Pact
    Filthy Barbarian
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    As a magika templar im very excited to be able to do actual single target damage to players. Nearly everything that templars do which has decent damage is aoe and now that ulti gen has changed alot of it is useless.
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    Ok, delay on cast, has to be channeled, no stun, no heal debuff, no snare.

Yes it is bugged going through Walls and that needs to be fixed ASAP, but how in gods name is it broken in a damage sense lol.

I really think people are just not realizing that with instant backlash we will be able to pump out good burst dps.

When I get within execute range of sorcs, and nb's I react accordingly.

Some bad made an AD temp named radiant destruction and he tried to spam it to absolutely no effect. I have not had it KB me once on the PTS, meanwhile im still getting snipe spammed constantly.

..and you'll continue to be snipe spammed you temp [snip]! :p

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 1, 2015 10:27PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime I see some idiot post "You can just interrupt it" i can't help but laugh.

If an ability in this game existed that had a 3 second cast time but instant killed anyone it hit..It would be insanely overpowered..even though you can just interrupt it.

Why? Because if you're fighting multiple people, some random tard off to the side spamming this ability would instant kill you.

Just interrupting works in one situation...in a 1v1..using that as a balance excuse for overpowered abilities is hilariously dumb.

• Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magika templar im very excited to be able to do actual single target damage to players. Nearly everything that templars do which has decent damage is aoe and now that ulti gen has changed alot of it is useless.

If this gives you an idea about how I'm trying things I will tell you this. Aside from blazing shield I dojt have a single AOE on my bar. I'm not even hardly using bats and just have been 2 lazy to drop vamp.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    ..and you'll continue to be snipe spammed you temp [snip]! :p

Fair by me I am really excited for stam melee I think they are going to be some really cool builds that come out in the next few weeks.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 1, 2015 10:29PM
  • tellifer
    tellifer
    I've gotten hit with 25k twice with it , Yeah I'd say they need to fix it.

Snipe I'm alright with, if you wanna do that I'll just come after you then, but this is too much
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tellifer wrote: »

Snipe I'm alright with, if you wanna do that I'll just come after you then, but this is too much

Why don't you interrupt it? Much easier than snipe to interrupt.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are tons of counters you guys act like Templars can't use it on each other lol.
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    is it interruptible if they have immovable up?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because when ive got 2 guys hammering on me, trying to CC me, chasing me around LOS, all the while trying to CC them to protect my healer, while trying to keep group buffs up, and pay attention to group movement...

I totally have time to find a guy in the back of a pack of 10 other guys whos channeling a BS ability on me and try to interrupt it not even knowing where they are.

Not to mention said individual could be on the other side of a wall, behind other players, and so on. PROTIP, even under tab target, anything between you and the target to interrupt cancels the interrupt attempt. Cast channel from behind some big fattie and stand behind him? No longer can be interrupted.

Stop. Your simple solution is never that simple. I suppose it MIGHT work on a nice flat open piece of field where its just you and me.

Also, stop with the snipe strawman.
    Edited by Rylana on January 29, 2015 9:39PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because when ive got 2 guys hammering on me, trying to CC me, chasing me around LOS, all the while trying to CC them to protect my healer, while trying to keep group buffs up, and pay attention to group movement...

I totally have time to find a guy in the back of a pack of 10 other guys whos channeling a BS ability on me and try to interrupt it not even knowing where they are.

Not to mention said individual could be on the other side of a wall, behind other players, and so on.

Stop. Your simple solution is never that simple. I suppose it MIGHT work on a nice flat open piece of field where its just you and me.

get better group healers.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to mention said individual could be on the other side of a wall, behind other players, and so on.

Youre not addressing the core issue, another segue deflection. Address specifically how interrupt is the catch all I win counter to your BS ability. Failing that, shut up.

As a sidenote, it totally doesnt surprise me whos championing the broken crap on PTS as working as intended. Par for the course, find the broken stuff, spam it everywhere, profit. Your little group has always done this.
    Edited by Rylana on January 29, 2015 9:45PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all you don't need me to comment on my(and everyone's) opinion on your ability as a player.

Secondly, you deflected, I said you act like Templars can't use it on each other. I have not been kb'd by it once.

I have blazing shielded through it, harness magicka, I have easily just healed through it, I have crushing shocked it, fire clenched it, toppling/invasion and critical charged it and OMG even bashed it.

Me braidas and perph ran a 3 man group the other night and we had about combined 20 deaths to just under 500 kills. There were plenty of Templars using the move, and gosh we had no problem living through it.

If you would like I can make a tutorial for you
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭

Yeah im suspecting after this patch you and I will end up with a very similar build. Some changes to my current one. But I can see a lot of good synergies to use, which is good.

If this gives you an idea about how I'm trying things I will tell you this. Aside from blazing shield I dojt have a single AOE on my bar. I'm not even hardly using bats and just have been 2 lazy to drop vamp.

Edited by saintmurray on January 29, 2015 9:52PM
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry, you DKs will no longer face tank 10 people at once if there is a templar around with the new ulti regen changes.

I definitely agree with the LOS issue though. It needs to be fixed.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    ok, after much testing with the wonderful skill that is radiant destruction... I have found the major flaw with it and why it is considered OP by everyone... and honestly I have to agree with that because of one simple reason

its an execute that starts doing 300% damage when the target is below HALF (50%) health.... not the 20-30% range of other execute skills
    Edited by kungmoo on January 29, 2015 9:53PM
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Every thread I have seen on this issue is templars defending the skill vs everyone else calling it OP.

As a templar player, I shall break from convention and agree with the other players, this ability is extremely OP, and broken. LOS issue, the interrupt doesnt always work, and the damage is scaled far too high for a basic and rather cheap by comparison ability.

Soul assault is a similar skill, but is an ultimate. The fact it even comes close to the power of SA in terms of raw damage over channel is lunacy, and no counter argument will ever nullify that fact.

By all means however, guys, keep defending your toy because it will cause exactly two things to happen if it stays this way going live.

1. People will quit pvp, and of course this is not a good thing. People are tired of abuse of broken/OP stuff.
    2. People will all roll the exact same templar spec and diversity out the window again.

How many times do we have to repeat the past?

the DPS of that executioner is lower than any other executioner and even LA+CS is generating a higher DPS.
    so i wouldnt call it OP. but i agree the bugs regarding channel upkeep without los and range needs to be fixed.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Fordd
    Fordd
    ✭✭✭

QFT.

Being able to cast it through walls is an obvious bug and will be fixed before 1.6 goes live. What im really hearing here are DK's being pissy that they might not be able to survive for 2 mins straight while being outnumbered 20-1.

And yes, I am a Templar.
    Fordd / Ford Trucks
    VR14 Templar (AD)
    VR14 DK (AD)

Decibel Heals
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    ok, after much testing with the wonderful skill that is radiant destruction... I have found the major flaw with it and why it is considered OP by everyone... and honestly I have to agree with that because of one simple reason

its an execute that starts doing 300% damage when the target is below HALF (50%) health.... not the 20-30% range of other execute skills

Personally I think it should start doing 300% extra damage at 100% of and opponents health. Then work its way up to automatically capturing 2 scrolls
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all you don't need me to comment on my(and everyone's) opinion on your ability as a player.

Secondly, you deflected, I said you act like Templars can't use it on each other. I have not been kb'd by it once.

I have blazing shielded through it, harness magicka, I have easily just healed through it, I have crushing shocked it, fire clenched it, toppling/invasion and critical charged it and OMG even bashed it.

Me braidas and perph ran a 3 man group the other night and we had about combined 20 deaths to just under 500 kills. There were plenty of Templars using the move, and gosh we had no problem living through it.

If you would like I can make a tutorial for you

1. The opinions of the forum heroes are lolz. Im easily in any of your league. A good lot of these forum warriors arent even half the player I am either. Deal with it.

2. Same class skill countered by itself is not a valid counter. I.e, to counter snipe we must all use snipe (to use your go-to apparently axe grind skill)

3. Again you third point is templar countering templar, it addressing nothing for the other three classes in regards to counters. Less than half of your posted counters are universal to all classes. Blazing, Toppling, and spike heals being solely in the realm of the same class casting the spike damage ability.

4. Im glad you put a group of some of the best templars in the game together and decided that was the benchmark for survivability for everyone out there. You do realize most of the people actually testing this crap represent the high end of the curve for PvP knowledge and skill as it is, and should this skill go to live, its on OUR HEADS as the testers that let it go. Last thing this game needs is another purge-like bug. Its our responsibility to realize not everyone is pro1337hax and all this magic spew youre throwing around is based on a flawed control test. I didnt forget, nor did many others, how you guys defended the exposure of the purge/ground hazard bug as some new shocking thing when youd been using it for months. Instead of seeking to get it fixed, youd talking about sweet booty ap while exploiting the hell out of it on people that had no idea it was broken.

5. For me, no, for everyone else sure. What you fail to realize is I was not testing the survivability vs this skill as a templar, I tested it as a nightblade and a dk. Tell me again what other classes youve fought against it as? or are you advocating the entire player base must become templars now to be competitive?
    Edited by Rylana on January 29, 2015 10:06PM
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭

Not to mention said individual could be on the other side of a wall, behind other players, and so on. PROTIP, even under tab target, anything between you and the target to interrupt cancels the interrupt attempt. Cast channel from behind some big fattie and stand behind him? No longer can be interrupted.

Umm you talk about 2 guys hitting you, a group of 10 guys, picking one out. Did you ever think that skills like this were MADE to stop the higher end pvpers facerolling the groups of plebs?? I love soloing groups etc but lets be honest you shouldn't really be able too. Agree with the LOS issue.
    Edited by saintmurray on January 29, 2015 10:18PM
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Again you third point is templar countering templar, it addressing nothing for the other three classes in regards to counters. Less than half of your posted counters are universal to all classes. Blazing, Toppling, and spike heals being solely in the realm of the same class casting the spike damage ability.

every class has access to a gap closer like toppling, either by S&B, 2H or class skills like BE and ambush.
    every class has access to dmg shields like blazing shield with annulment, steadfast ward, or class skills as obsidian shield or conjured ward.
    and as every group has a templar spike heals are provided by him - so wat again was your problem beside beeing stubborn to let templars have even remotly usefull class skills outside of the healing tree?

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm you talk about 2 guys hitting you, a group of 10 guys, picking one out. Did you ever think that skills like this were MADE to stop the higher end pvpers facerolling the groups of plebs?? I love soloing groups etc but lets be honest you shouldn't really be able too.

No, I wasnt alone either. It was a skirmish of maybe 12 on 8ish at ash milegate.

Id argue that this has made the higher end templars over the top more than anything. Hell the one most likely to be in my death recap (sometimes multiple times) was our good forum friend #freebraidas, and I have always respected his ability to not die. But to now give a guy like that a damage skill while remaining as survivable as he has always been, is pretty messed up.

I get it, templars has problems, I know they did, I have one too, but to go so overboard is the wrong thing to do. Its becoming a recurring theme in this game and its pvp. Whatever is OP and over the top, is just good business, and anything less is garbage, business as usual. Firebats, caltrops, ground oil, more bats this time with sorcs, uncapped streak, uncapped nova, uncapped wall of elements, the purge bug, unbreakable vamp feed, the charge/invasion perma root "feature", snipe debuff stacking, flare debuff stacking. The meta always follows what is broken. Its no amazing conclusion that to stop the cycle we start with things when we find them, and not use the hell out of them in the interim before ZOS finally realizes "oh hey thats actually not what we intended"

Meanwhile we have watched our already dwindling community dwindle more. Every casual lost is a potential regular down the road we lost. Do we really need to be advocating to keep things that might make for short term hilarity in teamspeak, but be toxic in the long term, in the game as a whole?
    Edited by Rylana on January 29, 2015 10:30PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm you talk about 2 guys hitting you, a group of 10 guys, picking one out. Did you ever think that skills like this were MADE to stop the higher end pvpers facerolling the groups of plebs?? I love soloing groups etc but lets be honest you shouldn't really be able too.

No, I wasnt alone either. It was a skirmish of maybe 12 on 8ish at ash milegate.

Id argue that this has made the higher end templars over the top more than anything. Hell the one most likely to be in my death recap (sometimes multiple times) was our good forum friend #freebraidas, and I have always respected his ability to not die. But to now give a guy like that a damage skill while remaining as survivable as he has always been, is pretty messed up.

I get it, templars has problems, I know they did, I have one too, but to go so overboard is the wrong thing to do. Its becoming a recurring theme in this game and its pvp. Whatever is OP and over the top, is just good business, and anything less is garbage, business as usual. Firebats, caltrops, ground oil, more bats this time with sorcs, uncapped streak, uncapped nova, uncapped wall of elements, the purge bug, unbreakable vamp feed, the charge/invasion perma root "feature", snipe debuff stacking, flare debuff stacking. The meta always follows what is broken. Its no amazing conclusion that to stop the cycle we start with things when we find them, and not use the hell out of them in the interim before ZOS finally realizes "oh hey thats actually not what we intended"

Meanwhile we have watched our already dwindling community dwindle more. Every casual lost is a potential regular down the road we lost. Do we really need to be advocating to keep things that might make for short term hilarity in teamspeak, but be toxic in the long term, in the game as a whole?

Don't get too worked up, this is a MMO forum. People will defend OP BS until their dying breath(read: until the devs nerf it) and THEN they will keep preaching about how it was 'forum whiners' who got their favorite FOTM ability (which didn't need it, because if you stand on the toe of your left foot at midnight during a full moon you MIGHT survive it) nerfed.

:)
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf NBs.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    Can this be purged? I honestly haven't tried but if so ZOS reall really needs to fix the purge bug so people can feel safe running that once again.
    Phaedrus Wolf
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Templars trying to defend it, please explain my obvious L2P issue re: Radiant Destruction. I'd love to have the perfect counter for this situation.

Let's say I've been tab targeted and then tagged with Radiant Destruction just as I've walked through a keep door and the beam is on me, through the door.... What's the secret there?

Can't interrupt it that's for sure, and while it's an execute like impale as some of you are suggesting, since when does impale hit you through a wall or door for anything between 10-20K of damage. Please don't defend it...

Or maybe (and you guys know you were trolling hard last night with it, must have been some serious lol's on your TS) a counter for getting hit by three of you at the same time. Spaz amount of damage, and at one time I saw 5 beams on one dude. As Yoda would say, Trolling hard you were...

Right now this skill is as borked as silver shards was for that infamous weekend when a level 10 fresh to Cyrodiil could one shot a VR12 vam PvP veteran.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    For the Templars trying to defend it, please explain my obvious L2P issue re: Radiant Destruction. I'd love to have the perfect counter for this situation.
    rupt him with either bash or CS/VA = up to 5sec of cc on him and tons of dmg

This discussion has been closed.