Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ball Lightning Should Absorb ALL PROJECTILES

• Mukuro
    Mukuro
    ✭✭
    I played streak till vr12 then switched to bol... Don't think I'm going back...i Like dropping balls during large fights to protect ppl somewhat...

seen ez out last night went at it a bit after he snatched up the ayleid... Would've been a stupid long fight full of curse and flurries... till we got interrupted... thinking im gonna put on my explody scamp to give me that window to burst...
    Illusions... or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions... from the real illusions, the illusions are created. Within the truth hides the lie... within the lie hides the truth.
    (EP) V13 Sorc "Mukuro Rokudo"
    (EP) V3 Temp "Unmei No Yari"
    (AD) V5 Nb "L'uomo Nero"
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    woodsro wrote: »
    Lhorion wrote: »
    I know.
    You all are welcome to fight this Mage with your Scale-DK/BoL-Sorc.
    I can say how this will end: You die.
    @LegendaryMage‌ knows how to deal with reflect. Alek, so you want to explain it from your side?

Nah, as a Sorc its not smart follow a BOL Sorc who knows what he is doing.

As for Legendary Mage, he is a good player, but I doubt he would beable to beat Ezareth if he was still playing..too bad Ezareth left the game...I modeled much of my fighting style after his, and BOL is a big part of that...i tangled with Ezareth a few times 1v1, but i never got the best him, came close a time or two, but he was ridiculously good with that Sorc. He was the best Sorc to ever play this game IMO, and he became infamous because of it. I have never seen a Sorc since play that class as well as Ezareth did....

You do realize Ezareth would wipe entire Castle Siege parties by himself single handed? Ezareth was also fighting against Top Competition such as No Mercy, etc before most of them left. No Mercy did de-throne him on Had eventually, with considerable effort and strategy on their part.
    '
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJu1KLm-VR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtFTZYT_eE

Watch for yourself.

Against Any Sorc who knows what he is doing BOL gives him an advantage over other casters...Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks are all absorbed by BOL, even Overload Attacks get absorbed...leaving your damage options very limited, allowing him to stay at range behind is protection balls and pretty much kill you, leaving the opposing Sorc very little options to do anything about it.

Ezareth loved fighting Streak Sorcs just for this reason.

Watch those vids, their are some big time names in those clips he is fighting...Top competition...thats how good this guy is...I soooooo hope he comes back for 1.6....even if he is AD, just watching his insane ownage is like a work of art. Ezareth is proof that BOL renders other spellcasters such as Sorcs at a considerable disadvantage.

I know giggle sometimes watching Crushing Shock users waste their mana trying to hit me and my balls just absorb it. :)

Even though Ezareth was AD, I think very highly of him, He was kind enough to give a DC like me advice on here when i was just getting started, and i modeled much of my fighting style after his while adding a bit of my own flavor. I went 81-2 with 76 KB the other night, and Ezareth's advice and videos was a very big part of the reason i was able to do that...if you watched his videos..its not about the kills its "how he got the kills" what did he do...not what skills he used, but "what did he do" Ezareth and his videos taught me the "small nuances" that very often are the difference between life and death, winning and losing...knowing when to retreat and when to fight...

Anyways....BOL sorcs only die to other Sorcs if they are not good...BOL is designed to counter other casters, and using Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks your just wasting your resources, and a good player such as Ezareth would kill for you for wasting such resources. :)

Hahaha ... NM never had any difficulty with Ezerath. He was so pitiful we ignored him. He is not a group play sorc you should strive to play like; let alone solo.

He was more worried about living than dropping a netage or staying to finish the fight. There was a reason sorcs like Prett and others stuck around and he didn't. He couldn't take the changes and gave up.

You can either be a solo sorc or group play. You can't really build for both. Maybe 1.6 will change this but only time will tell.

Like ezareth, NM quit the game....sooo..

Of the 18 people in NM, 11 still play and dropped NM for internal reasons and made MBF. Can't compare a guild to a player who runs solo and quit because of a fix to sharpened.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know.
    @LegendaryMage‌ knows how to deal with reflect. Alek, so you want to explain it from your side?

As for Legendary Mage, he is a good player, but I doubt he would beable to beat Ezareth if he was still playing..too bad Ezareth left the game...I modeled much of my fighting style after his, and BOL is a big part of that...i tangled with Ezareth a few times 1v1, but i never got the best him, came close a time or two, but he was ridiculously good with that Sorc. He was the best Sorc to ever play this game IMO, and he became infamous because of it. I have never seen a Sorc since play that class as well as Ezareth did....

You do realize Ezareth would wipe entire Castle Siege parties by himself single handed? Ezareth was also fighting against Top Competition such as No Mercy, etc before most of them left. No Mercy did de-throne him on Had eventually, with considerable effort and strategy on their part.
    '

Watch for yourself.

Against Any Sorc who knows what he is doing BOL gives him an advantage over other casters...Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks are all absorbed by BOL, even Overload Attacks get absorbed...leaving your damage options very limited, allowing him to stay at range behind is protection balls and pretty much kill you, leaving the opposing Sorc very little options to do anything about it.

Watch those vids, their are some big time names in those clips he is fighting...Top competition...thats how good this guy is...I soooooo hope he comes back for 1.6....even if he is AD, just watching his insane ownage is like a work of art. Ezareth is proof that BOL renders other spellcasters such as Sorcs at a considerable disadvantage.

I know giggle sometimes watching Crushing Shock users waste their mana trying to hit me and my balls just absorb it. :)

Even though Ezareth was AD, I think very highly of him, He was kind enough to give a DC like me advice on here when i was just getting started, and i modeled much of my fighting style after his while adding a bit of my own flavor. I went 81-2 with 76 KB the other night, and Ezareth's advice and videos was a very big part of the reason i was able to do that...if you watched his videos..its not about the kills its "how he got the kills" what did he do...not what skills he used, but "what did he do" Ezareth and his videos taught me the "small nuances" that very often are the difference between life and death, winning and losing...knowing when to retreat and when to fight...

Anyways....BOL sorcs only die to other Sorcs if they are not good...BOL is designed to counter other casters, and using Crushing Shock, Shards, Mages Wrath, Staff Attacks your just wasting your resources, and a good player such as Ezareth would kill for you for wasting such resources. :)

Hahaha ... NM never had any difficulty with Ezerath. He was so pitiful we ignored him. He is not a group play sorc you should strive to play like; let alone solo.

He was more worried about living than dropping a netage or staying to finish the fight. There was a reason sorcs like Prett and others stuck around and he didn't. He couldn't take the changes and gave up.

You can either be a solo sorc or group play. You can't really build for both. Maybe 1.6 will change this but only time will tell.

Of the 18 people in NM, 11 still play and dropped NM for internal reasons and made MBF. Can't compare a guild to a player who runs solo and quit because of a fix to sharpened.

Why did you quit your sorc?

Suru
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

Why did you quit your sorc?

I didn't. I still PvE with it. After 7 months of it I figured I'd give a DK and NB a try and currently leveling a Templar.

I never played that defensive Bol build so the sharpened fix didn't affect my sorc at all. Once that happened the guys who ran the Bol build lost what little deeps they had and either gave up or resorted to another build or even more kiting than before.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

No, an entire of guild of people never had any problems fighting me....nor any other single player. Yet there wasn't a player in whole guild who could fight me without calling for backup. That was what I recalled of NM most...good but not great players and not a single player capable of wiping himself without a buddy to hold the paper for him.

I have negate on my active bars for a reason, unfortunately it doesn't wipe raids by itself and thus negate dropping makes for terribly boring PvP footage....as does large group play. I could make a video right now out of old footage of me negate spamming raid groups and them wiping....but other people are doing most of the damage and there isn't anything interesting about that.

Last I heard from you before I left, you got all butt-hurt because I wouldn't let you beat on me while you and your heal-bot templar followed me around while I wasn't emperor.

Edited by Ezareth on January 31, 2015 2:57AM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

No, an entire of guild of people never had any problems fighting me....nor any other single player. Yet there wasn't a player in whole guild who could fight me without calling for backup. That was what I recalled of NM most...good but not great players and not a single player capable of wiping himself without a buddy to hold the paper for him.

I have negate on my active bars for a reason, unfortunately it doesn't wipe raids by itself and thus negate dropping makes for terribly boring PvP footage....as does large group play. I could make a video right now out of old footage of me negate spamming raid groups and them wiping....but other people are doing most of the damage and there isn't anything interesting about that.

Last I heard from you before I left, you got all butt-hurt because I wouldn't let you beat on me while you and your heal-bot templar followed me around while I wasn't emperor.

I'm glad you are back. I look forward to you posting more personal pics of your possessions with your gamer tag on them :smile:
    Edited by Asgari on January 31, 2015 2:59AM
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

I'm glad you are back. I look forward to you posting more personal pics of your possessions with your gamer tag on them :smile:

I bet you'll never guess the NikeID I run on my sneakers.

There's a reason my cardio is superior.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

Does NikeID track running backwards?
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Mukuro
    Mukuro
    ✭✭
    Also un nerf bolt escape its messing up my pve rp experience
    Edited by Mukuro on January 31, 2015 3:23AM
    Illusions... or real illusions. Within the illusions hide real illusions... from the real illusions, the illusions are created. Within the truth hides the lie... within the lie hides the truth.
    (EP) V13 Sorc "Mukuro Rokudo"
    (EP) V3 Temp "Unmei No Yari"
    (AD) V5 Nb "L'uomo Nero"
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mukuro wrote: »
    Also un nerf bolt escape its messing up my pve rp experience

The unblockable stun?
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

God If I could bolt escape in reverse.....they wouldn't stand a chance.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you please make a fresh quote starting from the last comment? I'm getting a bunch of notifications for nothing. Thank you!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you please make a fresh quote starting from the last comment? I'm getting a bunch of notifications for nothing. Thank you!
    -Quotes last comment-

You're welcome. B)
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I wonder how he got his bolts to cost like nothing, it looked like he was emperor in the video for the lack of cost to his magicka.

He would never reveal his set bonuses .... pretty sure there was a bug somewhere that let him pull this off with the set bonuses he used.

No bugged set bonus, just a bit of mathematical understanding that few people really care enough about to appreciate.

I also really never cared to get into the debate on set bonuses with people that comes with making what sets you use a known factor. Some people have guessed what I've been using and it doesn't take much to really figure out from my videos if someone cared that much.

I quit because of principle. I needed to punish Zenimax for making me suffer through paying for 6 months of Beta testing this buggy game. I said I cancelled my subscription months before it lapsed before sorcs were ever nerfed. I always said I was going to let it lapse unless Zenimax made me believe in them and their ability to resolve the host of issues. After a few hours in Cyrodiil I see they haven't fixed a single bug I experienced in Cyrodiil when I quit. That said, now that the games is going BTP the point is no longer relevant. I keep playing until The Witcher 3 comes out most likely and then we'll see if I come back after I'm done with that.

And for the record sharpened was never "Fixed" and it *still* is bugged along with the rest of spell penetration. Sharpened was only changed to be closer to what it should be.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

Lol. Nobody cares about you bolt escaping backwards. You could do multiple flips into a teleport and still, nobody will care.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gooey wrote: »
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

Lol. Nobody cares about you bolt escaping backwards. You could do multiple flips into a teleport and still, nobody will care.

Wow bro, tell us how you really feel. Let it all out! So much anger. I find a diet of healthy fruits and vegetables will help with that
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Gooey
    Gooey
    ✭✭✭
    Gooey wrote: »
    I know.

'

Watch for yourself.

Wow bro, tell us how you really feel. Let it all out! So much anger. I find a diet of healthy fruits and vegetables will help with that

Well Doctor, he touched me right here *points to doll*. This is why I am angry i can't handle being touched by an old guy with Ezareth vanity plates. Btw, can you recommend what fruits and vegetable to eat senpai?
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok ok gents let's all put our epeens aside. As per course this thread got way off topic. I like ezareth videos, he was clearly a talented player. I never played with him, and as far as sorcs go, I tried modeling my play after prett. Maybe it's because you get different opinions when you face them. Idk if ezareth is a great group player, but alone he was clearly talented. As for MBF former NM people, you guys use a similar strat to him quite often. How many times I've watched 8 of you kite a group of 20 into a choke point to melt them. Let's just all chill, let ezareth come back, see how he adjusts before we bash on him eh? Anyway, BoL absorbing physical projectiles would be amazing, but it wouldn't really be fair.
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh the drama is awesome..... all this rage... this anger.... yes!!!

let the hate flow through ALL of you!!! it will make y'all stronger, and you will all be able to experience the power of the dark side of the force!!!
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If BoL stopped all projectiles it would be very OP he'll only two classes have an escape and one of them is near useless a socr van blink anytime and get away but a Nightblade going invisible is super weak it only last for 2.9 seconds at the most and you try getting far enough away to "escape" in 2.9 seconds you have to wear a full set of Night's Silence or Shadow Dancer if you want to use Shadow Cloak to escape unless you're a vampire.

Simple fact that socr escape works with a lot of builds and Nightblade escape you have to negate the movement penalty of stealth (try steal thing up moving to the left and count to 3 see how far you don't get and how fast you would die if it was more then one guy

You have the only working escape that doesn't need extra stuff to work stop QQ about bows just cause you blink into a full group and couldn't blink away from the arrows
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps, but cloak is spammable. BOL gets a 50% cost increase and 50% mana regen penalty for casting it. Blinking has disadvantages too. More so then cloak.

Those who blink a lot like I do have built specifically for that and give up a good bit of damage potential in order to do that.

I don't know if BOL should absorb everything, but it would be no more OP then Scales that reflects everything. Maybe one day BOL will absorb everything, but with a 4 projectile limit...a guy can dream right? :)
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball of Lightning should just *work* as the tooltip states. Currently it often fails to function at all and magical projectiles hit the caster. Reflective Scales works far far more reliably than Ball of Lightning.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball of Lightning should just *work* as the tooltip states. Currently it often fails to function at all and magical projectiles hit the caster. Reflective Scales works far far more reliably than Ball of Lightning.

Yeah it really sucks when it fails to work. However when the skill is actually working right, its pretty awesome. I'm hopin this is one of the things that gets fixed over the course of the PTS

I'm gonna submit bugs on this, get enough of us, maybe it will get fixed.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Sorcs just want our balls to be on par with our awesomeness, don't be jelly.

Speaking of which, really enjoyed your sorc v sorc vid for 1.6
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipes cast time has been reduced to 1 sec on PTS, this coupled with the base range of 35 yards while the rest are at 28 yards mean this is the ability to have in either PVE or PVP.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be beyond dumb if the bow a long range weapon don't have the longest ranged attack, like if One hand ans Shield had a ranged attacked it wouldn't make any sense
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    zOs hates the sorc class.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look another nightblades trying to hijack another thread, wtf they are everywhere.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look another nightblades trying to hijack another thread, wtf they are everywhere.

Yeah that hasn't chance in my 3 month absence I see.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol u guys just got DK scales nerfed and now want to buff another skill even stronger ....
    Stronger? Are you kidding? When has ball lighting ever reflected your damage back at you?
    :trollin: