The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the Lorebook "Glorious Upheaval" mentioned four months ago, in-game?

Teiji
Teiji
✭✭✭✭✭
Source - http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/09/12/loremasters-archive-glorious-upheaval

Has this been added in-game yet? I've been unable to find this, curious if anyone else has, hoping that it's in-game so I can go and hunt it down but after four months since seeing the Loremaster's Archive, I'm not even sure if it exists in-game.
"Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loremaster's Archive books don't appear in-game.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Loremaster's Archive books don't appear in-game.

96508ab1fd70ac3700d41017c9f12ad6.png

fa39010b4e320d0f72dc9e5b038496b1.png

66bd0e89942347665972831a95a855f8.png

352FYsx.png?1

LsuoURa.png?1

Request for thread to move back on-topic.

As seen in the above images, Loremaster's Archive 05.09.2014 , the above images show two of the books mentioned in-game. I didn't bother looking for the other, which is besides the point as the purpose of this post is to illustrate books being mentioned on the Loremaster's Archive which are definitely in-game, my character requires Glorious Upheaval. Can anyone shed some light on it? Please?
    Edited by Teiji on January 28, 2015 4:07PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    Request for thread to move back on-topic.

As seen in the above images, Loremaster's Archive 05.09.2014 , the above images show two of the books mentioned in-game. I didn't bother looking for the other, which is besides the point as the purpose of this post is to illustrate books being mentioned on the Loremaster's Archive which are definitely in-game, my character requires Glorious Upheaval. Can anyone shed some light on it? Please?

I was on topic, and I stand by what I said. Loremaster's Archive books don't appear in-game. Those two are not Loremaster's Archive books; they are specifically labelled as "additional lore books from The Elder Scrolls Online". The Loremaster's Archive book from that article is "Unhallowed Legions", which is not in-game.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just showed you two books which were posted on Loremaster's Archive, they are in-game, therefore all books posted on Loremaster's Archive should be in-game.

You agree with me, as do many others, we must make Zenimax aware that they forgot to add these books in-game so our characters can acquire them in-game. This is a serious issue which if everyone was aware of, would demand the servers to be shutdown until all missing Lore books are added to the game where they belong.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I would love to see them in-game, but the point of the Loremaster's Archive is to give us new lore books specifically because they are not in-game. If they were in-game, then the Loremaster's Archive as a concept would be pointless.
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yes, I would love to see them in-game, but the point of the Loremaster's Archive is to give us new lore books specifically because they are not in-game. If they were in-game, then the Loremaster's Archive as a concept would be pointless.

:(

Don't you think you're being overly pessimistic? Why choose when you can have both? Especially as they don't specifically say "these books shall never be in-game", I get what you're saying, of course. But still, even if they were just Eiditic Memory category books and not Shallies library would be cool.

With that said, Loremaster's Archive would still function and would definitely not be pointless, it would make readers aware of books that may be added in future updates as well as acting as an archive of books which have been added, this also includes books which may be included in future DLC areas,
    "Loremaster's Archive <Book from Clockwork City> here we have X and Y on the Clockwork City" and so on.
    In this scenario, the book will be both in-game and not in-game, as those that have the DLC will be able to obtain, but may not do so just as those that don't have the DLC will not be able to obtain it.

I'd prefer this as opposed to waiting two years or so for player housing, then going to the crown store, category: books [these are books you can place in your house, guests can enter and interact with them similarly to in-game] where books which "are not supposed to be in-game" are added for the sake of "convenience".

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't disagree with any of that :wink: