The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thoughts on Update Notes 1.6? (PTS Forum) affecting PVP Builds, Playstyle

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine with full ma was about 1k range...nice!
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont know if this is intended but nearly all my skills got their costs reduced, hehe.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Well NBs, if you were the kind of NB who was fond of stealth... things just got a whole lot worse.

The new support skill that launches a flare and reveals all stealthed enemy for 8 seconds is not only spammable by just about anybody... you also cannot see it.

Sure, there is an audio cue that tells you it's being thrown nearby, and your eye immediately opens up when it goes off, but if there is any incidental background noise... you won't hear it.

And with a range of about 38 metres, you'll most likely spend the bulk of your time near any objective in the visible state.

While it's too early to proclaim stealth completely dead... It's well on it's way, imho.

now if one goes into the general area of the keep, they are un-stealthed....
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    Honestly, I've seen Templars match the DPS of Nightblades. I've seen a stam build Templar pull off 1.4k+ DPS consistently. I've seen sorcs pull off 1.2k+ consistently. NB's that I've seen are in that ballpark too... but Templars and sorcs are both getting some love on the dps side of things in 1.6

I'm not trying to argue here. I'm not saying nerf anyone. I'm saying that there needs to be a balance. I completely agree that templar dps should be competitive with every other class. I think that sorcs should be able to tank as well as DK's. I think that NB's should be able to heal as well as templars. I'd love to be able to go into high end trials with a Sorc tank, NB and DK healers, and Templar DPS and stand a decent shot of completing it... But good luck trying that. They have said "Any class can perform any role." It's time for that statement to be backed up. From my preliminary reading of the patch notes. It seems like they are getting closer to it.

The problem is, 1.6 is also nerfing Restoring Aura from an 80% stamina regen to a 30% stamina regen. That was the reason Templar DPS was competitive. Hence, the complaints.

It's not as huge of a nerf as people make it out to be. Let's say you have 100 Stam regen and get the 80% buff. (For the sake of math, let's say 100 Stam regen is the soft cap) you'll have 140 Stam regen.

With the 30% buff and no softcaps you'll sit at 130. The Numbers will vary. But it's not as huge of a nerf as people make it out to be.

It's far worse than that. When activated on the PTS, the skill no longer affects the Templar himself-- it only hits allies. So you stay at 100: you get 0% gain right now.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Well NBs, if you were the kind of NB who was fond of stealth... things just got a whole lot worse.

The new support skill that launches a flare and reveals all stealthed enemy for 8 seconds is not only spammable by just about anybody... you also cannot see it.

Sure, there is an audio cue that tells you it's being thrown nearby, and your eye immediately opens up when it goes off, but if there is any incidental background noise... you won't hear it.

And with a range of about 38 metres, you'll most likely spend the bulk of your time near any objective in the visible state.

While it's too early to proclaim stealth completely dead... It's well on it's way, imho.

Which is a tad annoying.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to dislike 1.6 immensely.

I had 64% crit. chance prior... and now, same gear and skills/passives, I'll have 20% less.

Essentially, I'll be spending all of my initial Champion's Points in an effort to not even remotely reach where I was before.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Which is a tad annoying.

More than tad.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    But did anyone see the cost of the Cleanse morph of purge?!

Self/Group Heal for ALL?! definitely take a look at that. Lol

That's one of the first things I noticed! Before, I had specc'd into efficient purge, and was about to again, then I checked the magika costs and was like "There is almost no difference in cost compared to before..." Before efficient Purge was almost half the cost of cleanse. Now, cleanse is barely more expensive.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    I tried the new zerg buster skill. Saw no health bars move on explosion. Anyone else see this?
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only cute thing I have noticed from 1.6 is now my soul can explode with out me having to die. :D
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    themizario wrote: »
    I tried the new zerg buster skill. Saw no health bars move on explosion. Anyone else see this?

it does mediocre damage. Groups can just heal thru it.

ZOS apparently lacks the guts to make it worthwhile.
    Edited by Cody on January 29, 2015 12:56AM
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    seducer 7 light, some reduction passives
    Funnel Health is 890? Mean while stamina abilities are in the 2k range..nice...

Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funnel Health 405 for me, that's totally not normal.
    This cost is less than my regeneration..

6% reduction champion-system, 3reduction glyphs and light Armor.. Not even Arch Mage or seducer.

- Meow -
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The problem is that it can be spammed of course. If they would have made it too powerful it would be hella OP. Cooldown based mmo's don't have any trouble with this, but in eso there are no boundaries other than resources to prevent imba spamming. Its a huge problem for ZOS to balance their abilities.

• Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

The problem is that it can be spammed of course. If they would have made it too powerful it would be hella OP. Cooldown based mmo's don't have any trouble with this, but in eso there are no boundaries other than resources to prevent imba spamming. Its a huge problem for ZOS to balance their abilities.

If you don't take the walking bomb morph, you can apply the spell to every individual target at once. I can usually get three ticking before the first detonates, or come very close, which results in three consecutive heavy hits. Combined with some other specific abilities, this is actually pretty good. Not to mention that if multiple people run it, you can have a whole raid primed to explode on one another.

This doesn't even address some of the incredible combos which exist for the walking bomb morph.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

6% reduction champion-system, 3reduction glyphs and light Armor.. Not even Arch Mage or seducer.

What the...? What's the base cost if you take your light armour off?

Cause it should be 2.8k, or 2.6k (93% * 2.8k) with just the Champion system cost reduction
    EU | PC | AD
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what is the tooltip damage?

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »

If you don't take the walking bomb morph, you can apply the spell to every individual target at once. I can usually get three ticking before the first detonates, or come very close, which results in three consecutive heavy hits. Combined with some other specific abilities, this is actually pretty good. Not to mention that if multiple people run it, you can have a whole raid primed to explode on one another.

This doesn't even address some of the incredible combos which exist for the walking bomb morph.

The problem is cast time, how many times you have a chance to cast anything in combat, unless whole group does it out of stealth, or will protect caster, chances to apply bombs over and over are quite small.
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eglath wrote: »
    Kybotica wrote: »

The problem is cast time, how many times you have a chance to cast anything in combat, unless whole group does it out of stealth, or will protect caster, chances to apply bombs over and over are quite small.

Casting it doesn't break stealth. I was following a group yesterday placing bombs on them for *** and giggles... lol.

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What the...? What's the base cost if you take your light armour off?

Cause it should be 2.8k, or 2.6k (93% * 2.8k) with just the Champion system cost reduction

Base cost is something that around 900 if I remember right.
    Dmg less than Veiled Strike, but was around 4k without any glyphs for me.

I'm not on pts right now, so I can't give you specific numbers, but u can look it by yourself :P

- Meow -
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭

Noticed this last night and had to do a double take at the numbers. I was spamming it and my magicka bar wasn't even moving.....