The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Thoughts on Update Notes 1.6? (PTS Forum) affecting PVP Builds, Playstyle

Aldul
Aldul
✭✭✭
¿
- - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
- CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templars got bumducked, at least in my opinion. Several overall nerfs, massive nerf to templar healing with the change to the mending passive... like freaking massive nerf there. A few subtle buffs for PvE templars but thats obviously pointless in PvP.
    Obviously I'm biased towards PvP, but given they claimed templars were getting useful buffs, including healing, and most of our useless heal abilities were now going to be useful... I don't see any changes that make them useful. They nerfed the hell out of radiant aura reducing the regen rate from 80% to 30% when active and 15% passive to 10%. Rune focus is still useless, why bother using it when there are at least 3 other abilities everyone can use with the same effect. A channeled execute is laughable and they haven't learned their lesson on how weak channeled abilities can be so they gave the channeled execute already to the class that has been pigeonholed into channeled abilities (note I'm a healer, but this is just stupid). As I said before massive nerf to basically the one passive that made templar healers actually able to distinguish themselves as a healer. I can't tell if the change to rite of passage is a buff or nerf, sure the range increase might be useful, but they changed it into projectiles for god knows what reason/logic which means it is now a delayed heal.... fantastic, you turned the "oh *** heal ultimate" (the only heal ultimate useful in the game) into a delayed ultimate heal? WHAT. I see a ton of changes to things that weren't broken about healing (the game already has a super low TTK) with no reason to change them. With other changes in 1.6 coming with buffs to damage, people being able to crit now, etc. TTK is going to be a freaking joke.

Magelight got bumducked too.

And what happened to the new alliance war abilities? Are you serious ZOS?
    Edited by Huntler on January 27, 2015 5:51PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two-hand stam builds, ow. I may have to move off that line entirely. Impen change makes it pretty damn useless.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Templar nerf yet. On the one hand, looks brutal. On the other, Templars are ridiculously OP at what they do. So I guess we shall see.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously unimpressed lol, same game(which I prefer) without ult gen and more convenience into what you're specced into. Nice buffs all around for some skills.

Suru
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Two-hand stam builds, ow. I may have to move off that line entirely. Impen change makes it pretty damn useless.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Templar nerf yet. On the one hand, looks brutal. On the other, Templars are ridiculously OP at what they do. So I guess we shall see.

I'm fine with the blazing nerf, but what part of templars did you consider OP? Other than blazing shield spam which is justified. Did anyone suddenly start claiming templar healing was OP?
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step backwards for Templar :/
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    templars got bumducked, at least in my opinion. Several overall nerfs, massive nerf to templar healing with the change to the mending passive... like freaking massive nerf there. A few subtle buffs for PvE templars but thats obviously pointless in PvP.
    Obviously I'm biased towards PvP, but given they claimed templars were getting useful buffs, including healing, and most of our useless heal abilities were now going to be useful... I don't see any changes that make them useful. They nerfed the hell out of radiant aura reducing the regen rate from 80% to 30% when active and 15% passive to 10%. Rune focus is still useless, why bother using it when there are at least 3 other abilities everyone can use with the same effect. A channeled execute is laughable and they haven't learned their lesson on how weak channeled abilities can be so they gave the channeled execute already to the class that has been pigeonholed into channeled abilities (note I'm a healer, but this is just stupid). As I said before massive nerf to basically the one passive that made templar healers actually able to distinguish themselves as a healer. I can't tell if the change to rite of passage is a buff or nerf, sure the range increase might be useful, but they changed it into projectiles for god knows what reason/logic which means it is now a delayed heal.... fantastic, you turned the "oh *** heal ultimate" (the only heal ultimate useful in the game) into a delayed ultimate heal? WHAT. I see a ton of changes to things that weren't broken about healing (the game already has a super low TTK) with no reason to change them. With other changes in 1.6 coming with buffs to damage, people being able to crit now, etc. TTK is going to be a freaking joke.

Magelight got bumducked too.

And what happened to the new alliance war abilities? Are you serious ZOS?

No incentives to heal as a templar, more incentive to DPS templar unfortunately :/ *** that execute, i want blinding flashes back for pvp.

PVE DPS gonna be real now, oooh man
    Edited by Suru on January 27, 2015 6:02PM

Suru
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm fine with the blazing nerf, but what part of templars did you consider OP? Other than blazing shield spam which is justified. Did anyone suddenly start claiming templar healing was OP?

Eh, one good Templar can pretty effectively solo-heal a raid of 12 people. I'm not jumping up and down for joy, I'm just interested to see what this change will bring, it might require a group sacrifice DPS for heals which currently they have not really been doing.

But we'll see. I'm not a Templar, I'll need to talk with those in my guild and see how they feel about it on the PTS.

Right now I'm more worried about my own spec. Been based around Crit Charge for a loooooong time, and that's probably gotta change now.

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is tough to decipher exactly what the Sorc will be now. I'm really only seeing a buff to Curse and lower cost on Encase, but Weakening Prison could be interesting I guess depending on the cost. Surge now seems to be even more useless for a PVP Sorc and no changes to Bolt Escape.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »

No incentives to heal as a templar, more incentive to DPS templar unfortunately :/ *** that execute, i want blinding flashes back for pvp.

Yup. Lol a channeled execute. I'd give anything to have blinding back. The one healing templars for the most part got their edge from a combination of breath of life and the mending passive, now the mending passive is a glorified ritual mundus stone. :| Breath of life is only efficient if you crit, no crit it becomes extremely inefficient. I'm salty right now. Obviously I'll find a way, but man am I salty.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    It is tough to decipher exactly what the Sorc will be now. I'm really only seeing a buff to Curse and lower cost on Encase, but Weakening Prison could be interesting I guess depending on the cost. Surge now seems to be even more useless for a PVP Sorc and no changes to Bolt Escape.

Yeah. not at all impressed by the Sorc changes. I actually stopped reading after that.
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leovolao wrote: »

Yeah. not at all impressed by the Sorc changes. I actually stopped reading after that.

Buff to stamina sorcs though right? Or at least the opportunity to be one now.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yup. Lol a channeled execute. I'd give anything to have blinding back. The one healing templars for the most part got their edge from a combination of breath of life and the mending passive, now the mending passive is a glorified ritual mundus stone. :| Breath of life is only efficient if you crit, no crit it becomes extremely inefficient. I'm salty right now. Obviously I'll find a way, but man am I salty.

Blinding was stupidly overpowered. I hated every Templar who used it. Combined with shield and breath of life, you were basically unkillable.

I'd want that back too.

• Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I was thinking of going stamina anyways. But the surge nerf and no mention of bolt escape made me a little salty. Plus I *** hate the pets.
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The stamina problem with Sorc is that they have no good ways to sustain stamina. Now we have a Dark Deal morph to drain magicka and restore health/magicka but this is still a channel ability which in my opinion, you almost need to use in conjunction with Bolt Escape to give you room to channel it. So now you're using Bolt Escape, Crit Surge, and draining magicka with the Dark Deal stamina morph. Everything is pointless without in game testing but I was really hoping for some form of stamina sustain outside of a channeled ability.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caltrops - only snares 6 players? Not worth a spot on the bar. At least it used to help against zerg balls, not any more.

Bat Swarm - no nerf? Disappointing. With 10% less fire damage to vamps it is now a required ultimate.

As far as builds/playstyles, so many changes to armor/abilities/buffs/resists/skills/etc that it is basically starting from scratch.
    Edited by WebBull on January 27, 2015 6:24PM
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

Im salty too, lets work at mortons. #TemplarBroHugs
    Edited by Suru on January 27, 2015 6:23PM

Suru
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My head is literally spinning. Every current build is deprecated with this patch.

In other words, we are literally at launch day again. Nothing works together, all ultimate based builds (and most of the ultimate synergies) are no longer going to be viable. Lol shackle on standard is now 2.5 meters? Wtf? So they have to be standing dead center to be shackled...

Oh ffs.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    My head is literally spinning. Every current build is deprecated with this patch.

In other words, we are literally at launch day again. Nothing works together, all ultimate based builds (and most of the ultimate synergies) are no longer going to be viable. Lol shackle on standard is now 2.5 meters? Wtf? So they have to be standing dead center to be shackled...

Oh ffs.

Yyyeeeeeehhhh, maybe this will make new meta,end these ult gen build and lead to somthing new, meeeeh

Suru
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh ffs.

Yyyeeeeeehhhh, maybe this will make new meta,end these ult gen build and lead to somthing new, meeeeh

My main concern is that there will be no way to bust larger number groups anymore. Population size will determine the outcome of a battle. AoE caps going up isnt going to matter because the overall damage goes down.

Ulti dumping to wipe a flag .... and did you see the nerf to negate? No more negate stacking, just raw puglet fights with blob mentality because you wont be able to break it up.

-.- What do
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh ffs.

My main concern is that there will be no way to bust larger number groups anymore. Population size will determine the outcome of a battle. AoE caps going up isnt going to matter because the overall damage goes down.

Ulti dumping to wipe a flag .... and did you see the nerf to negate? No more negate stacking, just raw puglet fights with blob mentality because you wont be able to break it up.

-.- What do

If that Negate nerf is for real, that's a huge boon to PvP. The meta for ages has been "stack more sorcs, win", and if that's changed we're allbetter off for it.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh ffs.

-.- What do

If that Negate nerf is for real, that's a huge boon to PvP. The meta for ages has been "stack more sorcs, win", and if that's changed we're allbetter off for it.

It also removes the most potent area denial skill, eg CC. I dont like CC removal from a game because it promotes zergball mentality and dumbs down movement calls.

I get there was a problem with it overall, but this pretty much ends sorc utility in regards to CC, and puts them in a role of "you better all have curse on your bar and be ready to focus fire the same dude"
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sorcerer
    ˈsɔːs(ə)rə
    noun
    a person who claims or is believed to have magic powers; a wizard.

I want to use MAGIC. Not stamina :(
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh ffs.

-.- What do

It also removes the most potent area denial skill, eg CC. I dont like CC removal from a game because it promotes zergball mentality and dumbs down movement calls.

I get there was a problem with it overall, but this pretty much ends sorc utility in regards to CC, and puts them in a role of "you better all have curse on your bar and be ready to focus fire the same dude"

I definitely want to see how it works before casting final judgement, but if the Negate part of Negate is gone I think we have a better game for it. It's rough running an organized group with 2 sorcs these days.

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay I got buffed! I knew ZOS loved me :smiley:
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And im just sitting here thinking of playing on my sorc now mainly instead of my NB...
    Edited by Soulac on January 27, 2015 6:53PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siege damage can't be mitigated now. To me that seems like the biggest change after the change to crits.

Seems like that will a pretty important way to punish zergs and wipe flags. It'll make terrain much more important too.

Caltrops will also do a metric buttload more damage to a large group.

Thoughts?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P Stamina templars. You had one overall perfect build and they took away that from you. :/
    rip aura
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    And im just sitting here thinking of playing on my sorc now mainly instead of my NB...

Good luck... Massive Sorc Nerf in 1.6. I don't think I'll be ever playing my sorc again.
    Edited by Asgari on January 27, 2015 7:06PM
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of new stamina nightblade abilities, gonna be fun finding a new way to play. My only concern is that impenetrable shouldn't affect the first strike out of stealth.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Good luck... Massive Sorc Nerf in 1.6. I don't think I'll be ever playing my sorc again.

Which nerf

Suru