Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

What stats scale which skills ???

Faugaun
Faugaun
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm really really confused which stats impact which skills it seems to be a convoluted mess. Is there a resource that helps to clarify this?

I guess I just always thought spell damage increased skills that cost magicka and weapon damage increased skills that cost stamina ....but after reading threads I gather this may not necessarily be true?

Please help me to understand

Also how does 1.6 change things?
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a general rule:

1) Stamina affects non-staff weapon attacks, some WW powers, and Fighter's Guild Powers

2) Magika affects staff powers, world skills (except some WW powers) class skills and mage's and undaunted guild powers

3) Weapon power affects all weapon abilities (including staff abilities)

4) Spell power affects class skills, world skills and guild skills

Then if we get into crits, we get more complicated, and damage shields and bleeding damage usually scale off of health I believe.

Edit -> Also, we don't really know how 1.6 will affect a lot of things. Stay tuned for the patch to go to the PTS tomorrow and we can all find out together.
    Edited by Aett_Thorn on January 26, 2015 9:24PM
  • goldnugget
    goldnugget
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.esohead.com/classes/1-dragonknight

select class/weapon, click skill. it will show you.
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    So I'm really really confused which stats impact which skills it seems to be a convoluted mess. Is there a resource that helps to clarify this?

I guess I just always thought spell damage increased skills that cost magicka and weapon damage increased skills that cost stamina ....but after reading threads I gather this may not necessarily be true?

That's one of the big screwups and reasons to patch 1.6.

Atm, magica based scales of magica, however, some skills are magica based and uses weapon crit and some goes on spell crit. Usually the close ranged magica skills are based on weapon crit.

With 1.6 instead of the miss match between magica/stamina all magica skills will be spellcrit and the stamina skills weapon crit.

I'd say however, 1.6 solves next to nothing. They remove the soft caps for stamina and magica, so if you go full for ether you'll be more powerfull. This leaves a problem for those that wants to use a stamina based weapon (non staff) and also use class skills (of course!) since then you'll have a problem with maxing out magica and stamina unlike before.
    Edited by IceDread on January 28, 2015 3:22PM
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceDread wrote: »
    Faugaun wrote: »

That's one of the big screwups and reasons to patch 1.6.

Atm, magica based scales of magica, however, some skills are magica based and uses weapon crit and some goes on spell crit. Usually the close ranged magica skills are based on weapon crit.

With 1.6 instead of the miss match between magica/stamina all magica skills will be spellcrit and the stamina skills weapon crit.

I'd say however, 1.6 solves next to nothing. They remove the soft caps for stamina and magica, so if you go full for ether you'll be more powerfull. This leaves a problem for those that wants to use a stamina based weapon (non staff) and also use class skills (of course!) since then you'll have a problem with maxing out magica and stamina unlike before.

Whoa...hmmm that is quite the conundrum ....should make for great glass cannons though...
  • FallenProphet
    Removing soft cap for stamina and magicka doesn't hurt you it actually allows you to make both higher, you just won't have them both maxed... Boohoo you shouldn't anyway
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing soft cap for stamina and magicka doesn't hurt you it actually allows you to make both higher, you just won't have them both maxed... Boohoo you shouldn't anyway

I think you missed his point, you can excel at one or the other with the new system. However, a hybrid will suck at both (when compared to someone who went for either magicka or stamina). This prevents the use of mixed hybrid builds and limits a player to either magicka or stamina builds if they wish to be competitive.
  • FallenProphet
    They may have lower stats in each STA & MAG but they have the versatility in which resource they need and skill choices. IMHO I'd say it's definetly still competitive.