The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

bow 2.2k dps..how?

Jimm_ay
Jimm_ay
✭✭✭
I was in the rift sky shard hunting and practicing la weaving on giants and mammoths. I see this KB come in and omg...mammoths drop like flies. I msg him/her and ask their dps. They very nicely reply 2.2k! umm whoa. So I have a 50 bow and all the skills unlocked and passives slotted - hot the heck do I do 2.2k on bow? I tried reapers, then la/venom but was not hitting it...what am I missing?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how did they kill the mammoths? sneak attacks?
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    looks like it was reapers or piercing then three arrow attacks in a row - and their health dropped like nothing boom dead.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jimm_ay wrote: »
    looks like it was reapers or piercing then three arrow attacks in a row - and their health dropped like nothing boom dead.

That person marked the mammoth, then hit the creature with some kind of venom arrow/poison injection and lethal arrow/focused aim combo.

Works well in PvP(that's what many idiots nowadays complain about) but it is also easy to beat, so no worries about dealing with it in PvP.

The damage is nice, but these kinds of builds almost always lack survivability(I should know as I play one) but using it from stealth is deadly.
    Edited by Cody on January 25, 2015 2:34AM
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Have same result on mammoths. It goes like this : Mark target , Incapacitate , Lethal Arrow with heavy canceling x 3 and impale if necessary.
    But that dps is not sustainable so u shouldnt be impressed with it.
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on January 25, 2015 8:32AM
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    that was the answer I wanted :D i have been using a magicka based build and have sustained 1100 dps on AA bosses...with destro, cripple, impale. la weaving...was drooling at the thought of 2.2k sustained.