The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it a MUST to always download 27000MB of files while repairing the game??

mrjustin353
mrjustin353
Soul Shriven
Like the title said, I went through the repairing process a few times. I didnt finish it a few times, because I decided to continue repairing somewhere else later. After that when I reopen my launcher, Its downloading about 27000MB of files again. Is it a necessity?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @mrjustin353,

To answer the topic question simply, nope!

To answer the topic in a more complicated way, we have some additional steps that should be helpful! We'll include them in the spoilers below. If these don't help, let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping!
    In this situation, players should first try and repair the game client. They can do so by following the process below:

Repair the Game Client
    •If the "Play" button reads "Install":

1. Click the install button, and start downloading
    2. Once the download beings, shutdown the launcher
    3. Restart the launcher
    4. Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    5. It should say Updating…., under that it should say Cancel. Click Cancel
    6. The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair". Click repair, and wait for it to finish.
    •If "Play" button reads "Pause" during the download process:

1. Expand the Game Options menu (Cog wheel located above the News Feed)
    2. If the tab says "Installing…", restart the launcher
    3. When the tab says "Updating….", Click Cancel
    4. The expanded tab should now change to include "Repair". Click repair, and wait for it to finish.

The repair process will go through a loop of verify -> download -> verify until all the files are repaired. The progress bar will therefore go from 0 to 100 multiple times before it finishes. It is possible that the system will need to download large files.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post