The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stealth & Cloak Tests [Videos]

DDuke
DDuke
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
As requested, I've created an own thread for my tests with NB Cloak & Stealth.
The tests were conducted 9.1.2015 & 10.1.2015 (respectively).

I hope these videos can help developers determine the causes & possible fixes for the cloak breaking & multiple other issues with stealth.

I will keep updating this thread as I conduct these tests.

Sincerely,
Decimus

Tests on Stealth & Cloak: Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtIXiRmB-y0

Tests on Stealth & Cloak: Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3lHPj5SXAU
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Reserved]
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I mean...sad. Sad everyday experience.
    I can only add that invisibility potions are no better than this.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sad :(
  • Suntzu1414
    Its SAD how ESO treats DC/SD.

When you compare it to...Reflective Scales (RS). Which not only works, but is OP. RS works. not only reflecting damage during application, but even attacks that happen PRIOR to execution (flappy), on their way.....with minimal failure.

Can we get the team, that built this skill, to redevelop DC/SD?

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Piedplat
    Piedplat
    ✭✭
    Sad but true I got some issue where the stealth didnt work has attented, it is a day one problem who is remaining.
    Edited by Piedplat on January 12, 2015 10:12PM
    armata.ca
    GuildeQc PvP
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first part (could not restealth for 30 seconds) is due to static NPC's being aggroed on you. They only deaggro after a certain period of time has passed since they saw you/you last damaged them/they last damaged you. Distance seems to play no role here, you can only restealth after the aggro timer expires, no matter how far you run.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has been known for over 7 months.

the staff either don't give a crap or are unable to do their jobs and fix it
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one that is causing the majority of our problems is the activate > dodge > take 21 dmg > Break Cloak.

I think it was Pox who said that even when an attack misses the enchant still hits. That would explain the results of the test in the 3rd scene of the video.

@ZOS_GaryA‌ about two months ago you said you would drop in from time to time and assure us you guys are looking at the issues. I think the 3rd scene in the player test video may help a lot.
    Edited by TheBull on January 12, 2015 11:17PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The first part (could not restealth for 30 seconds) is due to static NPC's being aggroed on you. They only deaggro after a certain period of time has passed since they saw you/you last damaged them/they last damaged you. Distance seems to play no role here, you can only restealth after the aggro timer expires, no matter how far you run.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Been frustrating me since beta :P

I'm not sure what the point of that mechanic is, or if anything could be done to it.

It seems to me resources are easy enough to capture without sneaking right next to NPCs.

Maybe ZOS could give those NPCs the new Flare ability coming in next patch, so you'd atleast have a chance to avoid detection (and being stuck in combat forever)? Dunno :p
  • R3DTHR3AT
    R3DTHR3AT
    ✭✭
    Great job, now, I think, problems with stealth is more visible for ZOS.
    Aetherius Eight guild. World 1st HM SO team member.

• deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this happens a lot. Especially with any sort of charge attack. Invasion, critical rush, ambush. All of these SHOULD break from no line of sight but do not. I mean, if you charge at some one and they disappear what are they now targeting? Nothing. So why does it always happen. There are other skills that take you out of cloak to even after you have cloaked they can still lock on. Sometimes I think it is a lag issue but at this point I think not. It's just broken as hell. After this many months I don't think it will ever work and honestly I don't have a clue how they can't fix it. I mean, how many other games out there have cloaks or invisibility spells and they work fine? Can't they call up an old pal and be like "listen man, I really have no idea what I am doing with this skill, any ideas on how to fix it?"
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The only skill that could break a Dark Cloak should be an AoE.

All theses SINGLE target skills should never break Dark Cloak:

Crushing Shock, Invasion, Critical Rush, Ambush, Toppling Charge.

QQ
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer