The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many would want to see more of the continent opened up in future expansions?

• WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, more expansions like we've gotten would be fine
    Ok Akavir is still here. I messed up continents. Sorry. It was late.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, opening it up would be great
    Silliest poll ever who wants a 50% used continent?
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    miahq wrote: »
    Pointless post.

Zenimax has already stated more of the land Will be phased in over time. As for the rest of Nirn, won't happen. Not until Bethesda opens up Nirn in the Elder Scrolls games.

Except the next expansion is the orc capital, not the whole province being added to the map, all players will just travel to a portion of it. So it's not pointless. There's a huge difference between teleporting to a sliver of a province and being able to walk to the orc capital through the entire province.

First of all, lets get one thing straight. Zenimax has released updates which in general is the size of DLC's but they are updates, not expansions as you calling them.

Second, you not me is saying sliver. Now that's said, I only said that early on Zenimax said that other parts of Tamriel will be added over time. But only Tamriel.

Until Bethesda get into the other areas of Nirn, Zenimax isn't going to do so. There is still a lot of room and more to come in Tamriel.

Updates or expansions, I was simply trying to distinguish them from the patches and other updates. And I wasn't attacking your statement as much as I was trying to better explain what I mean. If for instance in the future they do release real expansions of the continent, does that mean none will contain the orc capital, because that's already been release in a separate thing? How do you integrate that part of the map in once you've released an update or mini-expansion, whatever it would best be called?

It's more about how you resolve what's been a heavily theme park MMO with what's historically been a franchise no one would even actually associate with theme park style games.
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Alexies wrote: »
    I feel like if ZOS added akavir it would literally be ESO's version of mists of pandaria (or whatever)..

losing subs? ADD HUMANOID PANDAS (OR MONKEYS IN THIS CASE)

on topic though it would be great, but unfortunatly opening up the continant in the way that you want just isn't possible, it would mean they would have to redesign the whole game, plus I love the PVE zones as they are. pretty happy with a theme-park/sandbox hybrid tbh

That's probably a better way I should've addressed the question as a number of people it seems are having a hard time understanding the distinction I tried to make. Currently it's more of a theme park MMO, but that's pretty odd in an elder scrolls game, a franchise pretty much defined by it's sandbox nature.

To me if you've no real reason to go back to old zones, each new update just introduces a new high level zone that keeps the population bouncing from new zone to new zone and the rest of the map virtually empty, that's a bit too theme park.

I don't think it's impossible though to fill in the entire map, I don't think they're ever going to completely get rid of load screens, but they can at least stitch together large areas like that. The bigger problem is that's not the current goal it seems, but instead to use the blank space of the map as an endless source for putting out far more little adventure zones. But the entire concept of a theme park elder scrolls game to me is just... weird.
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Alexies wrote: »
    rather see pyandonea :P
    Well, the Green Lady did swim there
    so I guess that it would be a possibility.

I'd personally like to see Thras.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.