The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you have to beat Molag Bahl to progress?

• NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy is super easy to beat. No matter your class you can kill him with 3 things.

1. Restoration Staff
    2. Last skill in res staff skill line morphed to return magicka upon attacking target (Spirit Siphon I think it's called)
    3. Light armor skill (Annulment I think its called)

Simply kite sir Molag around in a loop, keep up the staff's heavy attacks, block when needed, pop the light armor skill every time it fades, keep up the staff skill as needed. Simple.

If you are a sorc or nb your pets/shades can help but aren't necessary. I've never had to heal myself or died while killing him and I've played since early access. This can even work with vamps as I've taken a sorc vamp through with just a staff and 2 skills.
    Edited by NovaShadow on January 1, 2015 11:30AM
    PC NA - EPHS
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [deleted my earlier quote from this reply so as not to waste space]

Thought you needed to beat Molag before you could start vet levels? Has this changed? Been away for 4 months.

You do need to beat him in order to do the vet level quests (silver and gold)...but i will be doing a boring old grind after vet1 in craglorn until i get to the higher level just for the specific reason of trying out that naught Mr. Bal at Vet12/14 (whatever he maxes out at).

It is a twisted approach i realise this...but having done it 5 times already i thought i'd mix it up a little.

[/quote]

Ha! Understand where you're coming from.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    I hate to say it....but this is a 5 to 10 minute fight max.
    Now that it scales up I am saving my next Mr. Bal encounter for the Vet12/14 level just to see if it is any more challenging.

Resto staff is your friend.
    Heavy attacks from distance.
    When he jumps...run away and heal yourself with Rapid Regen and you will nevr need a potion the whole fight.
    Avoid the Big Red Circles of Doom.
    Learn to block/interrupt (now how many times have people pointed that out as a comment/advice on countless different posts). This works wonders for the trash mobs and when he sends down his burning blue balls (now there's a definite chance for someone to make a remark about that...haha).

And then off you go to see Aunty Meridia.

Thought you needed to beat Molag before you could start vet levels? Has this changed? Been away for 4 months.

Theoretically if you PVP and go to Craglorn you could hit VR14 without going to the other alliance areas.....

It's only those areas you cannot access without firs beating Mr Bal(i.e. Cadwells Silver and Gold). :)

Edit:- Missed the fact there was a second page on this thread, sorry for repeating some one elses answer.....

Last night was a very late night!! :p

Edited by freespirit on January 1, 2015 11:42AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!