The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Killing Bloodports Once And For All

ThatHappyCat
ThatHappyCat
✭✭✭✭✭
What if you can only ever resurrect yourself at your Alliance's gates? You can still use the network to teleport to your keep of choice, but only if it's still connected to the network. This would make isolating a keep by taking all its resources much more effective, as it should be.

I imagine this wouldn't be a popular suggestion for many people, but I think it would be better for AvA in the long run and put an end to the ridiculous trend where dying is sometimes a good thing.
Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 30, 2014 2:07PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't change the travel/respawn system as it is now.

Nevertheless, i agree bloodporting is a nuisance. Some kind of rez sickness like in other games would be preferrable in my opinion. i.e have all your stats reduced by 25% for 2 or 3 minutes?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PermaDeath . Once you die in Cyrodiil you can never come back .
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only real way to solve it is perm-death and wiping chars that die in that area.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, make this game truly hardcore : if your character dies, it gets wiped.

And your account is deleted.

And your computer explodes.

Start over you filthy casual !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

LOL I would never play in cyrodiil if that was the case!
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

LOL I would never play in cyrodiil if that was the case!

the amount of people that dont already think this way.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine this wouldn't be a popular suggestion for many people, but I think it would be better for AvA in the long run and put an end to the ridiculous trend where dying is sometimes a good thing.
    Yup. It would force truley long runs. But thats all it would change imo. Could you please elaborate why it would be good for AvA?
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Yup. It would force truley long runs. But thats all it would change imo. Could you please elaborate why it would be good for AvA?

Because dying won't ever be an advantage. I don't think anyone will disagree that getting an advantage from dying should never happen.

It would also make capturing resources more meaningful, as that would prevent people from ressing there just like taking the outer wall below 50% does.

Note that this basically doesn't affect resurrection unless a keep is not connected to the transitus network.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on December 31, 2014 8:54PM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because dying won't ever be an advantage. I don't think anyone will disagree that getting an advantage from dying should never happen.

It would also make capturing resources more meaningful, as that would prevent people from ressing there just like taking the outer wall below 50% does.

Note that this basically doesn't affect resurrection unless a keep is not connected to the transitus network.
    This change would force you to play even more like a coward hiding inside the keep because dieing would mean you have to run 3 minutes again. I liked the game with the old camps far more than what it is now. Constant fighting that didn't involve Alessia Bridge or 3 minutes riding every time you die. That was fun.
    And no brainless 60 people zergs running back and forth between the same keeps.

All those "good for AvA", "giving death a meaning" changes just make the game slower and more clumbed up around the same areas. I hate how Cyrodiil is now. Even the lag is worse than ever before even though the population caps have been further reduced.
    Edited by Sanct16 on December 31, 2014 11:25PM

>320.000.000 AP
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there could have been numerous fixes to the original forward camp problem. Unlimited resurrection with no downside simply by having a camp up is definitely overpowered. The alternative we have now with no camps (well no new ones at least) does solve the issue of unlimited instant resurrection in pretty much any area, but adds the extremely long, boring and potentially dangerous walk back to the fight.

While ZoS did fix one problem, they created others in the process, which was very shortsighted. I do hope the reexamine the issue in the future. If forward camps come back, there would need to be some restrictions on them. A cumulative rez penalty of -10% to all stats each time you use a FC rez could make repeated use costly while still allowing a few to keep you in the fight longer. When you rez at the gates, you recover all these losses. While this doesn't stop blood porting, it at least adds a cost to it.

Now I used about 3 minutes to come up with that suggestion so I'm positive it's not perfect, but it gets to the point that FC use with no penalty was probably a bit broken.
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to get rid of the porting like that, i mean if you think having to run a few minutes back to where you were is too much of a hassle simply because you've died... then we've pretty much spoiled gamers to the point of utter laziness at this point.

Perma-death would be great though, at least as an option. I really wish they'd implement it. Just make it a choice at end game, you can either remain soulless in which case you'll die and respawn forever, or you can reclaim your soul and gain the chance to become even more powerful-- but at the cost that when you die, you die... With an asterisk, because you could always put in ways through necromancy to either bring back your character either in a new body or your old one. But, even in death the character would remain on your account, just dead, until you either delete it or find a way to resurrect them.

Ah... wishful thinking is a wonderful thing.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know about yall but good god having 90% of the fighting at 3 choke points on the map is already getting old
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    I dont know about yall but good god having 90% of the fighting at 3 choke points on the map is already getting old

That I would also agree with, but that has more to do with overly simplistic map design rather than anything about teleporting. I mean when I heard they were going to be including several choke points on the map... I assumed they'd have put more than 5 seconds of thought into it. I mean the map icons of the various keeps use a few different designs... even though all the keeps don't actually look like that? Bland.

Frankly much of cyrodiil still feels rather lazy. If there's something that really needs overhauling, it's that. Because as you said, it doesn't take long for it to just get boring retaking/defending the same thing over and over.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    miahq wrote: »
    Subtomik wrote: »

That I would also agree with, but that has more to do with overly simplistic map design rather than anything about teleporting. I mean when I heard they were going to be including several choke points on the map... I assumed they'd have put more than 5 seconds of thought into it. I mean the map icons of the various keeps use a few different designs... even though all the keeps don't actually look like that? Bland.

Frankly much of cyrodiil still feels rather lazy. If there's something that really needs overhauling, it's that. Because as you said, it doesn't take long for it to just get boring retaking/defending the same thing over and over.
    Well, before camp removal we did not have that problem..... maybe... maybe... hmmm.... maybe it has something to do with that?

>320.000.000 AP
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    Well, before camp removal we did not have that problem..... maybe... maybe... hmmm.... maybe it has something to do with that?

I'm talking about the layout and how empty the keeps and towns feel. Teleporting around everywhere so you don't have to look at it isn't really a solution. It doesn't change the fact that frankly... It just doesn't seem like much effort was put into designing a more unique environment before they shipped it. All the keeps look the same, every territory is separated by the same three barriers, two with the same random mountain range. And the towns all feel completely dead (as a side note, has no one in the dev world ever heard of an apt building? They seem to think everyone even in the biggest cities just live in houses)

There's just not much incentive to hold a keep. Like, at all. They're basically empty, otherwise useless buildings. I mean let's say I organized several guilds and together using good strategy and tactics we swept the map, taking nine keeps. Ok... so what's the point in me holding them? Or taking them to begin with? I'm not going to be emperor, because that doesn't go to the most influential person in the campaign, it goes to whoever decided to look up how to grind AP and then took the week off from work.

All I've got is 9 basically empty keeps, a mini-kingdom less populated than the wastelands of new vegas, and an army that no longer has any incentive to stay together. It all just falls apart. What's the point to it? Why should I care? Frankly, I just don't think they do a good job of answering those questions for me.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm talking about the layout and how empty the keeps and towns feel. Teleporting around everywhere so you don't have to look at it isn't really a solution. It doesn't change the fact that frankly... It just doesn't seem like much effort was put into designing a more unique environment before they shipped it. All the keeps look the same, every territory is separated by the same three barriers, two with the same random mountain range. And the towns all feel completely dead (as a side note, has no one in the dev world ever heard of an apt building? They seem to think everyone even in the biggest cities just live in houses)

There's just not much incentive to hold a keep. Like, at all. They're basically empty, otherwise useless buildings. I mean let's say I organized several guilds and together using good strategy and tactics we swept the map, taking nine keeps. Ok... so what's the point in me holding them? Or taking them to begin with? I'm not going to be emperor, because that doesn't go to the most influential person in the campaign, it goes to whoever decided to look up how to grind AP and then took the week off from work.

All I've got is 9 basically empty keeps, a mini-kingdom less populated than the wastelands of new vegas, and an army that no longer has any incentive to stay together. It all just falls apart. What's the point to it? Why should I care? Frankly, I just don't think they do a good job of answering those questions for me.
    The reason we have this problem, is that people dont like to ride much and just want to fight. So they go to the chokepoint where you always have fighting.

Its true, you get nothing for taking keeps apart of maybe winning the campaign. I personally don't really care about keeps, I just want to kill players and farm AP with my mates. 8v30. Thats fun for me. I dont mind if there are NPCs buildings etc. If I would care for that, I would go to PvE areas.

>320.000.000 AP
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭

The reason we have this problem, is that people dont like to ride much and just want to fight. So they go to the chokepoint where you always have fighting.

Its true, you get nothing for taking keeps apart of maybe winning the campaign. I personally don't really care about keeps, I just want to kill players and farm AP with my mates. 8v30. Thats fun for me. I dont mind if there are NPCs buildings etc. If I would care for that, I would go to PvE areas.

That's exactly the problem with pvp though, the entire point of AvAvA was the keeps. It's not supposed to be about AP farming. You're supposed to care about the keeps and holding things. That's exactly why it's broken, because most people in cryodiil don't seem to actually care, they just want area wide arena and to grind out points.