The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Moments in PVP

Agrippa_Invisus
Agrippa_Invisus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Seeing as the board is nothing but negativity atm and I don't have much more time left where I can post on these forums, I thought I'd get some nostalgia going.

What was the best moment you had in PVP? What was your shining moment? What was the time you felt you truly accomplished what you set out to do?

The moment, no matter how brief, when the game lived up to its promise?

For myself?

Winning Thornblade Cycle 3. No night capping from EP, back then. Hard work, stress, and frustration. The final 48 hours of non stop craziness, and then squeaking out a hair's breadth ahead of DC and AD to guarantee the win with only an hour or so left in the campaign. That was a lot of fun, and what I feel was envisioned for the level of competition by the original game devs. THAT was an accomplishment, and took a lot of effort, especially after a bitter loss the cycle before.

Runner up has to be the 16 hours as emperor on Bloodthorn. Being told 'well, you've won an MMO -- didn't think it was possible'. Then there was that shining moment where I walked a line of banners from Ft. Warden's front gate to the scroll temple of Ni-Mohk, murdering every one of those trashy, no account, bandwagon jumping DC that had spent months doing everything they could to destroy the competitive spirit on Bloodthorn -- from night capping to caltroping their way through keeps. Mowing down UDL and LOD and Zergmother Natalie's group members like they were wheat before a thresher gave me no end of pleasure and satisfaction. Every one of them had it coming, and those debts were settled in spades.
Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on December 29, 2014 4:53PM
Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
Once a General, now a Citizen
Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    <Reserved for when I have a cool story>
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighting AD without the EP pulse monkey spammers lagging out the fight.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Columba wrote: »
    Fighting AD without the EP pulse monkey spammers lagging out the fight.

Take this out of my thread. Your complaints are not welcome.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, the open field fight last night vs AD was terrific. Lasted 30+ min. Pure chaos.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soloing 10 bad players!

Fire treb, Negate x2 and a lot of streaking!

Back when you could roll and endless mana / streak spam set up =(
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The return of Glantris and Arwynn... shhh... it's coming
    Edited by TBois on December 29, 2014 5:28PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine would have to be the Castle Roebeck fight when Bloodthorn invaded Hopesfire looking to end Casuale's 40+ day reign as Emperor. IMO that has to be the bloodiest keep battle ever. I think it lasted 2 hours or so, and it only ended because we got troll camped over by Nikel (first time I remember seeing a troll camp too).

It was basically Bloodthorn's entire blue pop vs. 20 of us. They had breached 4 different outer walls by the end of it and we were holding every breach. Fireshot was holding an entire breach by himself although it was the small corner one. We would push out every now and then and patch up a wall just enough to get it up to 25% so we could focus on the other breaches. It would always go back down though. Inevitably we lost the keep, but that was the funnest moment I've had in this game.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Mine would have to be the Castle Roebeck fight when Bloodthorn invaded Hopesfire looking to end Casuale's 40+ day reign as Emperor. IMO that has to be the bloodiest keep battle ever. I think it lasted 2 hours or so, and it only ended because we got troll camped over by Nikel (first time I remember seeing a troll camp too).

It was basically Bloodthorn's entire blue pop vs. 20 of us. They had breached 4 different outer walls by the end of it and we were holding every breach. Fireshot was holding an entire breach by himself although it was the small corner one. We would push out every now and then and patch up a wall just enough to get it up to 25% so we could focus on the other breaches. It would always go back down though. Inevitably we lost the keep, but that was the funnest moment I've had in this game.

There were a lot of blues that homed Bloodthorn.

It could be like a wave at times.
  • Scamandros
    Scamandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse RP up in dragonclaw feat West Coast Fresh Coast who were jealous when they weren't allowed in
    Aeryj
    Fantasia
    Blades of Vengeance

Mighty Eagle by serjustin19 for your viewing convenience.
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle.
    I fell out of my nest

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech I screech
    but no one hears me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I started to wonder off
    I want to come back but lost my way.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came face to face
    Of Mighty Lion

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I came to fall in love with Mighty Lion
    Who's claws is sharp and just

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    Mighty Dragon Came

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Dragon roared aloud
    Who's mighty paws make earthquake
    that quivers underneath our feet

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Soon battle rages
    Between the Mighty Lion and Mighty Dragon

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    My heart grows heavy
    For who do I belong in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continue to battle.
    But Battle I must do within myself

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I screech, I screech
    Long and hard. I made a fuss

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Then suddenly
    As if I was dreaming

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I heard a screech
    But suddenly, I attack Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle had to defend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know I was fighting for Mighty Lion
    So I fought back.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I attack I attack
    But to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    The Mighty claws who's mighty claws
    Felt unnatural to me and very clumsy to me

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Why I have chosen to not stay with you
    I do not know. I am complicated at that.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have destroyed Mighty Eagle
    My own kin in Scourge PS4 EU

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I crawled into a ball
    Weep to no avail

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Lost in my whirling thoughts
    My heart and mind is clouded

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have served Mighty Lion over a year
    I thought Mighty Lion is were I belong anew

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I finally contacted
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle says they love me
    In reality I love them also.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I continued to clash
    At Mighty Eagle however

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    But clashing with Mighty Eagle
    Just not feel right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I have made a wrong choice I now believe
    Terrible and unjust of what I did

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    For am I not a monster
    For attacking a faction who loves me instead

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I was wrong
    Mighty Eagle was right

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Come. Please take me back Mighty Eagle
    For I believe I now know

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Were I truly belong
    For indeed I thought

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    That Mighty Lion
    Is were I belong.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    O how I was so wrong Mighty Eagle
    I was gravely wrong and such a fool I was.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    You have met
    Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine who attacked
    Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I know this was wrong
    And so to does Princess Justine

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    With our clashing together
    I now know were I truly belong in Scourge PS4 EU I believe.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Have you all not heard
    The famous saying. That is very wise and so very true?

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Let me repeat the famous saying
    that is very wise and so true

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    It is
    My Enemy, Enemy's, Enemy's
    Is my friend

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I come to thee Mighty Eagle
    And so to Princess Justine.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Who used to serve Mighty Lion
    But Now serve Mighty Eagle
    For the very first time in her career.

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and are one in the same
    Were I go. She will go to. For she believes it is right choice

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    We are all yours
    O Mighty Eagle

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    No one else but you
    I feel peaceful. Unafraid

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    I belong to you O mighty Eagle
    I am so relieved to hear myself to say that

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Princess Justine and I

Mighty Eagle
    Mighty Eagle
    Now flies and fights alongside with Mighty Eagle
    Who's Mighty talons stand for sacred Freedom

Written by Serjustin19
    Written on this day
    September 27. The day when My troubled mind is not clouded no longer.
    In the year of my troubles end
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly my favorite moment had to be when someone told they were going to unsub tomorrow until he ran started with us the day before. Sharing the joy of pvp and hearing all the giggling in TS is far more satisfying then any 1vX I've pulled off. It's all about having fun after all.
    Da Sandman

Havöc
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first scroll run at v1, hadn't gotten sweaty palmed in a video game in a decade.
    Edited by Subtomik on December 29, 2014 5:56PM
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's been Many but have to say the removal of the Fcs as it added the open field combat again( yes not just stealth gankers) and have to say pitch battle's back and forth are much more fun then mass balls of people in a keep or tower

So yes ill take a team/group/individual moment of Open field battles
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been Many but have to say the removal of the Fcs as it added the open field combat again( yes not just stealth gankers) and have to say pitch battle's back and forth are much more fun then mass balls of people in a keep or tower

So yes ill take a team/group/individual moment of Open field battles

My only complaint is 24/7 the battle is:nikel/ash, chal/bleakers, Sejanus/allesia
  • Meilinka
    Meilinka
    ✭✭✭
    This one time we were either taking or defending Ash, can't remember, my brain is mud...anyway...
    A certain blue DK whose name starts with an S *cough* ((You know who you are!! <3 )) had killed me (this was quite a long time before we became friends.) and I was lying there dead telling my friend in TS to be careful. He was on the top ledge above the siege merchant, my friend had dropped down onto the tiny ledge along the outside. We were both laughing hysterically as my friend was trying to hide. 'S' ended up flinging him over the edge of the keep to his death, it was hilarious. We FC ressed and came back in and tried to take him on and both ended up being flung over the ledge to our dooms.

It was so funny, I was in tears. One of my best moments because of how dang hard I was laughing. :D

Another funny moment that I will probably never forget is I had just become friends with *coughthatcertainblueDKcough* and as I was running from Nikel to Roe on my horse, I was whispering him to have a nice chat. He was whispering me back, and then all of a sudden I was dead. He killed me while typing to me without even realizing it. LOL. I checked my death recap and whispered him and he was like 'OH GOD WAS THAT YOU!?' or something like that. (Maybe Mei's story time got more dramatic, idk, I'm not good at this!) anyway that had me laughing my hiney off too, the whole situation was just weird. He'd probably tell the story better. LOL.

I may be easily amused. (I definitely am.)

Hmm..lets see...lots of silly things happen when I am involved. (I'm naughty.)

One time I did actually do some naked streaking on my Sorc. That went over well with my guild, but there was also a lot of shouting 'MEI PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!!!' in teamspeak followed by laughter.

Then one time I said something and I broke my guild lead and her laugh button was stuck for a while. :3

Oh yeah, naked punch fights man. Those are always my favorite.

My stories aren't really about epic feats of awesome...just funny things that happen. That's the stuff that I remember, but that's also what can make Cyro so fun for me. I hope I make others happy too, and that they laugh as well.

<3 love Meilinka
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it is easily the Alacrity vs. Gaiscioch rivalry of first cycle Hopesfire. 500+ reds vs. a guild of just 25. Every Saturday night they would arrive like clockwork, we'd prepare in every way possible, and every Saturday night we would lose every keep on the map. Every single keep was an epic defense, and we pulled out all the stops to defend them back when the true best players in the game still played.

Nothing will ever rival that for me, not even Casuale's dethrone. I still feel terrible that we ultimately were a major driving factor behind the demise of Gaiscioch, but those were the fights of a lifetime.
    Edited by Tripwyr on December 29, 2014 6:31PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not a singular event, coming from an AB 1.0 survivor, the liberation of Auriel's Bow from its AD slave masters was legendary. It was a bit of poetic justice that, at our prime, DC was pound for pound filled with the best players. Hopefully 1.6 will see their return :)

I remember pulling an AD scroll out of Farragut on Wabba 2.0 and farming a veritable ocean of yellow for a solid hour, maybe two. My familiarity with the nooks and crannies of Cheydinhal were instrumental in that bit of fun.

Let none of us forget the Tickening. I am pretty sure critical faults in AD guild politics shifted and/or reached critical mass because we trolled that tick for twelve hours. Good bloody times lmao.
    Edited by Aoe_Barbecue on December 29, 2014 6:59PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did nothing too special as an individual, so I'll go for a cool group effort. Once in EU thornblade, we (DC) were being pushed hard by EP at the Aleswell front. And suddenly a zerg of AD showed up at warden, trying to ninja our scroll. We didn't have that many guilds online at the moment, so we had a lot of randoms who ignored the sudden event and kept skirmishing and joining in the "run in, die, ress, repeat" cycle at Aleswell.

I was in a group that happened to be close to warden so we went in and held as long as we could. We weren't that many, probably around 15 players or so, while the AD zerg was at least twice the size. But our group was active, communicated and had a leader who was aware of the situation. We held AD pretty damn long at the front gates until it was finally breached, and soon later was overrun. Still no reponse from the others in our campaign.

So we retreated to the inner keep and wiped them close to five times near the inner gate. Finally they cleared the courtyard and we manned the walls and openings in the keep. No respawns left inside the keep meant this was close to becoming our final stand. That is when the most awsome moment came.

They breached the walls and poured inside. There was lots of spamming and people died by the masses in our oil. I was surprised we even killed so many. But soon they organized and pushed us into the upper levels. At this moment I looked out of the window and smiled as I saw hordes of fellows rushing into the courtyard, completely crushing the surprised AD forces inside the keep.

AD then fled from the keep walls and ran for their lives. Epic times as we pushed them out of the Warden grounds and killing them to the last man. (Battle for helmsdeep dejavu :P) We had held Warden and defended our scroll.

I realize there have been tons of keep fights that are similar to this one, but the mentality of the group and the course of events, paired with the timing of the reinforcements really made for an epic moment. I will remember it for as long as I play ESO.
    Edited by Koensol on December 29, 2014 7:02PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While not a singular particular moment, coming from an AB 1.0 survivor, the liberation of Auriel's Bow from its AD slave masters was legendary. It was a bit of poetic justice that, at our prime, DC was pound for pound filled with the best players. Hopefully 1.6 will see their return :)

I remember pulling an AD scroll out of Farragut on Wabba 2.0 and farming a veritable ocean of yellow for a solid hour, maybe two. My familiarity with the nooks and crannies of Cheydinhal were instrumental in that bit of fun.

Let none of us forget the Tickening. I am pretty sure major shifts in AD guild politics shifted and/or reached critical mass because we trolled that tick for twelve hours. Good bloody times lmao.

Don't forget other high moments of trolling AD such as DC taking all 6 AD home keeps while AD was turtlecamping BRK from EP. I think that happened in Mid November.

Opened both gates, owned all 6 AD home keeps. But by golly, they held BRK (and Sej).

GOOD JERB, ARDMERI DERMINYERN
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

It was set up by a small Vollendrung guild. We then brought in bloodthorn peeps.

For me it was in bloodthorn.I've had so many last keep defenses with Naw Sunrest. The best and closest one was when Alacrity and DiE teamed up in a sneak attack on a peaceful bloodthorn day near the end of I believe the last bloodthorn. We defended with my time in No Mercy in its beginnings till Naw got there and got fun. AD sieging multiple walls and EP bringing down their own. Sure it was the time of Orbs, but everyone was using them.

Suru
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember that Ash defense. That was good times too. I broke my mouse wheel buttons for that fight, spamming synergies lol. GG DiElacrity.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember that Ash defense. That was good times too. I broke my mouse wheel buttons for that fight, spamming synergies lol. GG DiElacrity.

Was that Bloodthorn 2.0? EP as a whole collectively left after 1 finally finished up. I can only remember one AD lead dethroning during the first BT cycle (when Alacrity flipped map for Jaeger's crown).
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. PvP was dead in Buffthorn at that time. I still wonder who I give the bill to for that mouse. GG broken $80 Naga Hex.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. PvP was dead in Buffthorn at that time. I still wonder who I give the bill to for that mouse. GG broken $80 Naga Hex.

What's sad is that the same crew that used to baby sit Bloodthorn at all hours (even calling Naw out of class at one point according to sources) moved to Chillrend after it got turned into a buff server and did the same thing.

Same people, minus the Zergmother since she quit, that would constantly check for even a single resource going to another color and then zergrush.

I cannot fathom the mentality of those folks. It's beyond me.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's sad is that the same crew that used to baby sit Bloodthorn at all hours (even calling Naw out of class at one point according to sources) moved to Chillrend after it got turned into a buff server and did the same thing.

Same people, minus the Zergmother since she quit, that would constantly check for even a single resource going to another color and then zergrush.

I cannot fathom the mentality of those folks. It's beyond me.

lol zergmother. I like that. yeah that mentality escapes me.

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GG DiElacrity.

I'd avoid saying that lest anybody believe DiE and Alacrity have ever cooperated.

Was that Bloodthorn 2.0? EP as a whole collectively left after 1 finally finished up. I can only remember one AD lead dethroning during the first BT cycle (when Alacrity flipped map for Jaeger's crown).

What about when we flipped for Fire Shot?
    Edited by Tripwyr on December 29, 2014 7:36PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... but you were both there, away from home, attacking the same keep? I mean I'm not sure if it was coordinated but it wouldn't be bad if it were and it definitely seems like that lol.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    GG DiElacrity.

I'd avoid saying that lest anybody believe DiE and Alacrity have ever cooperated.

What about when we flipped for Fire Shot?

Crud. Totally forgot. Yeah, it's been a while.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to say one of the most enjoyable PvP experiences was a dual scroll run. We capped the northern DC scroll, ran south into DC's southern scroll temple and took that, and ran them both back together. It was tough, challenging, and fun.

Also, Dawnbreaker 2.0 deserves an honorable mention. At that point it felt like all the best guilds fighting with most of the pugs fighting on other campaigns. Some if the best fights ever on that cycle.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on December 29, 2014 8:25PM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... but you were both there, away from home, attacking the same keep? I mean I'm not sure if it was coordinated but it wouldn't be bad if it were and it definitely seems like that lol.

Alacrity took the 5 keeps and DiE showed up at Ash(I may be wrong, but that's what I remember). Probably the biggest reason we didn't take it was because we can't work together as separate groups. One group would always push before the other and not be able to get a foothold inside.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Alacrity took the 5 keeps and DiE showed up at Ash(I may be wrong, but that's what I remember). Probably the biggest reason we didn't take it was because we can't work together as separate groups. One group would always push before the other and not be able to get a foothold inside.

Were you there the day we EP on Bloodthorn 'remodelled' Aleswell? I remember a lot of Alacrity were in the area/keep when EP decided to say 'Hi' to DC by taking every wall and door off the keep and leaving it a ruin.