The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A Werewolf's plea to ZOS

Chrlynsch
Chrlynsch
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have had a main that has been werewolf since launch, I run a werewolf pvp guild, and there are few that have been in form as long or longer than I in all of Tamriel. This post isn't about where werewolves have been or where we are now but where we are going.

Information has come out pertaining to ultimate changes in 1.6, this is what makes me nervous. Already there are kin that haven't transformed in months. We have too many weaknesses in Werewolf form and only perks in human.

With the information given I can see everyone becoming a werewolf just to help with ultimate flow. To me and many of my kind this is wrong. Please rethink Bloodrage and more importantly take a little time and put WW on the table and really look at it. When you have a subclass that is only taken for its human form passives, something is wrong.

If you wanted us to be able to transform more often why not make the ultimate cheaper or a novel idea... no ultimate cost! Keep all your current timers in place, Keep your ultimate dropping mechanic in place. Drop Bloodrage replace it with something that makes us stronger in form or harder to kill. (Vamps have weaknesses to fire though they also have a damage mitigation passive as well as a survival ability)

Please take a little time to consider a minor change to prevent a major exploit.

-Caius Rockclaw
Caius
Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
PC NA
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    I have had a main that has been werewolf since launch, I run a werewolf pvp guild, and there are few that have been in form as long or longer than I in all of Tamriel. This post isn't about where werewolves have been or where we are now but where we are going.

Information has come out pertaining to ultimate changes in 1.6, this is what makes me nervous. Already there are kin that haven't transformed in months. We have too many weaknesses in Werewolf form and only perks in human.

With the information given I can see everyone becoming a werewolf just to help with ultimate flow. To me and many of my kind this is wrong. Please rethink Bloodrage and more importantly take a little time and put WW on the table and really look at it. When you have a subclass that is only taken for its human form passives, something is wrong.

If you wanted us to be able to transform more often why not make the ultimate cheaper or a novel idea... no ultimate cost! Keep all your current timers in place, Keep your ultimate dropping mechanic in place. Drop Bloodrage replace it with something that makes us stronger in form or harder to kill. (Vamps have weaknesses to fire though they also have a damage mitigation passive as well as a survival ability)

Please take a little time to consider a minor change to prevent a major exploit.

-Caius Rockclaw

If I remember correctly, the devs where considering reducing the extra fire damage vampires took because they where getting OS during testing sessions. So I'm pretty, if they reduce the fire damage penalty for vampires, something will happen to the poison damage penalty for werewolves too.

Also, they are going to rework sets generating affecting ultimate cost and generation. So the Werewolf passive light also be included in those changes.

Personnaly I'm waiting for the PTS update so I can have a clearer view of the proposed modifications.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish that werewolf was simply a toggle with no ultimate cost or timer. Unlike a vampire, you're already sacraficing your ultimate slot (which could be replaced by much better abilities, aka veil of blades, dragonknight standard, storm atronach, etc.). Werewolf currently makes us weaker (in terms of survivability) than we are when not morphed, and only gives a meager damage improvement and a couple utility abilities which can be matched by a mix of class/weapon skills.

As a 2hander user, when I go into wolf form I wind up dealing what seems to be significantly less damage (I dont use addons, so I cant be certain, but it definitely doesnt seem to kill enemies any quicker), and I lose a lot of survivability without brawler's damage shield or wrecking blow's knockdown or rally's heal over time on my hotbar.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I really wish that werewolf was simply a toggle with no ultimate cost or timer. Unlike a vampire, you're already sacraficing your ultimate slot (which could be replaced by much better abilities, aka veil of blades, dragonknight standard, storm atronach, etc.). Werewolf currently makes us weaker (in terms of survivability) than we are when not morphed, and only gives a meager damage improvement and a couple utility abilities which can be matched by a mix of class/weapon skills.

As a 2hander user, when I go into wolf form I wind up dealing what seems to be significantly less damage (I dont use addons, so I cant be certain, but it definitely doesnt seem to kill enemies any quicker), and I lose a lot of survivability without brawler's damage shield or wrecking blow's knockdown or rally's heal over time on my hotbar.

Even though werewolves are better than they originally were that isn't really saying much considering how incredibly bad they were to begin with. Werewolves STILL need a lot of love, as do vampires. I'm HOPING both vampires and werewolves will get some love in Spellcrafting, perhaps with some exclusive spell capabilities that will help flesh them out and not only make them more viable but more FUN.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    Still a lot of work to do, I hardly transform anymore.

Its not fun because of the short time period and its frustrating trying to figure out the best combination/sequence of combat abilities because of the rush to kill and stay in form.

The fur on the new model makes Werewolves look like they have a serious case of mange. Big YES PLEASE to finally making the Berserker have black fur.
  • miahq
    miahq
    ✭✭✭
    So after nerfing the vampire skill reduction they're now considering nerfing the fire damage? The only reason the fire damage isn't worth it is because they nerfed the skill reduction... whatever, ugh. Zos seriously just needs to retire the nerf bat, that thing must be best up to hell at this point.

As for ww, you're right. Everyone is going to start taking ww just for the stam or ultimate bonuses... Well, more than do so now.

• Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    Hey.
    I dont transfer anymore because the ulti bugged out a lot when i used it, nothing happened just like a small lag and still in human form when ulti pressed.
    Not sure if its fixed yet.
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if they will put these totems into effect.

Totems

The Totems of Hircine are said to date from prehistoric times, before even speech was invented. Each one grants a special power to any lycanthrope who possesses and reveres the item.

There are three known totems:
    Totem of Terror =A carved wolf skull, which enhances the lycanthrope's power to inspire terror. Totem of The Hunt= The carved thigh bone of an unknown animal, which enhances the lycanthrope's senses. Totem of Brotherhood= A simple drum, which gives the lycanthrope the ability to call allies.

took from a lore site. They gave us fear. Senses? as in see stealth? Call allies like helpers other werewolves or wolves?

Hopefully, They put in the constellation of Hircine like in skyrim.
  • risen1981
    risen1981
    ✭✭
    they could nerf it to the ground for all i care... as long as i could toggle it...
  • biodragon
    biodragon
    ✭✭
    I do wonder if they will put these totems into effect.

Totems

The Totems of Hircine are said to date from prehistoric times, before even speech was invented. Each one grants a special power to any lycanthrope who possesses and reveres the item.

There are three known totems:
    Totem of Terror =A carved wolf skull, which enhances the lycanthrope's power to inspire terror. Totem of The Hunt= The carved thigh bone of an unknown animal, which enhances the lycanthrope's senses. Totem of Brotherhood= A simple drum, which gives the lycanthrope the ability to call allies.

took from a lore site. They gave us fear. Senses? as in see stealth? Call allies like helpers other werewolves or wolves?

Hopefully, They put in the constellation of Hircine like in skyrim.

Yup. They could put more "configuration options" in that "Hircine constellation" system including powerful buffs in werewolf (in exchange for more debuffs in human or opposite), ultimate cost reduction to 0 and even permanent option:

Eg. when time is out: character is weakened until the next meal and that meal could take much more time than normal - equal to time need to gain minimum ultimate for transformation (in 1.6 I guess it will be constant in time) - but character don't have to back to humanoid form.
    Also with that perk character when is in werewolf form gaining ultimate only by devouring and not loosing it when changing back).

Basically everything what was asked for on forums and is possible (fits "requirements", and have any sense) even fur colour, not only totems.

But somehow I have a feeling that we can forget about it because people in ZOS will forget about werewolves :(

[sarcasm]
    Except maybe reducing time form 30s to 5s
    [/sarcasm]
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched one guy this evening, he must have been in form for at least 5 min maybe more, he killed all the giants and their mammoths and stood around waiting for them to respawn, then killed them all again, all the time devouring, it looked like he could keep form forever like that.

Eventually he stopped and it took a good 2 or 3 min before he reverted to human form. I just got ww this evening so am very interested in it, the damage he was doing was incredible and he was only level 41.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched one guy this evening, he must have been in form for at least 5 min maybe more, he killed all the giants and their mammoths and stood around waiting for them to respawn, then killed them all again, all the time devouring, it looked like he could keep form forever like that.

Eventually he stopped and it took a good 2 or 3 min before he reverted to human form. I just got ww this evening so am very interested in it, the damage he was doing was incredible and he was only level 41.

Don't hesitate to use your transformation skill. Werewolves are awesome, especialy when you start morphing your abilities. You deal tons of damage, got some decent crowd control and mobility and your sustain is not bad at all with both Claws of Life and Hircines Bounty.

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on January 16, 2015 3:32PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Truth that werewolf is closer where it needs to be... just drop that timer.

Make it so fighters guild skills can proc on us in human form or a slight weakness to poison 25% or something.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on January 16, 2015 7:18PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has already said they are happy with werewolves. I don't know how they can say that. Have they gone to pvp with a werewolf yet? Once you go wolf you might as well just give your AP away to who ever wants to kill you. PVE still is a pain. If you don't find somewhere to grind (which is the only way to stay werewolf over 1min) its a waste to use. ZOS has given up on werewolves. I don't ever see them talking about werewolves or vamps in 1.6 update. So get used to only using werewolf for passive ability in pvp. At least vamps can be used in pvp and pve all the time.
    Edited by bbqwolf13b14_ESO1 on January 18, 2015 2:11AM