The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

the more stamina you have, the more weapon damage you will do

Elsterchen
Elsterchen
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there,
I always read this statement: the more stamina you have, the more weapon damage you will do.

I never noticed any change in damage done other than max dmg= max dmg weapon indicates... ususally nerfed by armor-rating of target and only more than indicated when criting. So can someone please enlight me on the mystery of that phrase? To what extend does max stamina contribute to weapon damage? It doesn't change any numbers in the character sheet (I tested that with 10 ability points spend for stamina at once and I may add unlike magica).
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks alot, this helps!
  • sgtsgt
    sgtsgt
    I have kept an eye on my damage on the character screen and my weapon damage is 51, but the damage on my character screen says 64. I have been putting most of my attribute points into stamina. So it does affect it.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sgtsgt wrote: »
    I have kept an eye on my damage on the character screen and my weapon damage is 51, but the damage on my character screen says 64. I have been putting most of my attribute points into stamina. So it does affect it.

Thank you for your answer. Some times one does critical damage instead of light attacks. In these cases the damage is more than indicated by the weapon.

The same is true when temporary abilitys/effects take place eg rapid maneuver or the immovable morph.

Furthermore addons are some times not accurate... and yeah I know this is a crappy argument as those addons are our ONLY way to get informations about the dmg we deal. But, and this is the important thing, one needs to look at the numbers given by addons for every weapon used (and after each patch) with special attention - as addons are not as reliable as we would like them to be.

My question really only asked how the max stamina pool and changes of it affect weapon damage. In the meantime I had a level up and amazingly 1 of my stamina based abilities now deals 1 dmg more - but most abilities ( and this ie true for both, magica and stamina based ones) didn't change in dmg output. Neither did my weapon dmg change visibly (still = dmg indicated by weapon)... but I will have to look and compare the numbers before I make a definite call. The hardest thing is to find an enemy with little to no armor and/or spell resist... that is not one-hitted when my char swings her sword.