The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I'm Strictly a PVE'er - Am I playing the wrong MMO?

Graydon
Graydon
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this game favoring PVP for elder game?
I am enjoying the leveling process, but not sure what's out there once I hit 50.
Is there anyone else who plays this game regularly and does not PVP
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes, people do

there is a bunch of group content once you hit max level (vr14)
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need to be VR14 for group content. The Undaunted Pledges start at level 45 and once you reach VR1 you should be able to find groups easily.
    Wololo.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    I play mostly PVE and tend to avoid pvp due to how unstable the game is for me. Its a lot easier to dc and relog on the pve side.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What awaits you post 50 is the veteran (soon to be champion) areas. You can play through the other factions storylines and/or craglorn and whatever other adventure zones they create.

There are plenty of players who do exclusively PvE.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    After vet 10 the thrill is gone unless you are into PVP or group content (I have two vet12's). Of course you can always start over.....I have a vet 1, level 26, and a level 44.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE solo questing you go through loads of content and questing. There is even quests in Cyrodiil. You won't be done with ALL the solo quests for a long time. There are 16 purely questing zones and 17 counting the quests there. You can do all the achivements in one zone in probably one/two days if you no life it and 4-5 if you take your time and listsn to dialogue. So assuming you listen to dialogue for quests and play often it should take you about two and a half months or more to do all the achivements and quests + the guild quests. Zos plans to add in a new PvE solo zone and two more guilds. As for group PvE I think there is enough group content to keep you busy for several months as well. I also think the PvP in this game is great even if you normally don't like PvP I think this game is different and gives new players a reason to dip there toes in the water and try it out. You can solo quest in there and always be on your toes that another player might ambush you at any time or vice versa. This game has tons of different content and you can almost never get bored + there is always new content.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is pure PvE and new content comes every 6-8 weeks, you have endgame dungeons/areas to farm, etc. etc.. Even "things" done in PvE result in better PvP-gear/skills, that is for example: "AA-trials set with 8% crit" (most crit = better ultimate reggen in many ways"), or the "undaunted skills", or mage-guild skills (+20% magic dmg), etc. etc...

You should study all passive skills from all skill trees to better understand. PvE gives you a (I'd say) 30% advantage compared to guys that just enter PvP at level 50.

In this game you need a lot of crit and you need to use skills that favorize the acquisition of "Ultimate Points". A skill like purge won't regenerate ultimates. Many templar heals do not regenerate ultimates as fast as resto heals (lower but more frequent ticks), etc. etc. SO each class has some skills that do better. Of course, you do not have to spec in crit, you could also go for higher stats, more def/mitigation, etc.
    Players are still discussing which build are better but I'd say for classes with very strong Ultimates (DK), crit-builds suit better, so that they can smash their I-WIN-button 5 times in a minute!!

They say they want to push/patch skills that are used less frequently BUT I bet they won't change the poor ultimate-reggen of skills like Purge, Puryfying ritual, etc.
    Be careful to know exactly which skills need weapon and which ones use magic crit. Sometimes a skill uses weapon crit but it's effect (that it triggers) works with magic-crit and sometimes it is the (Damage over Time - crit) Effect that restores Ultimates and not the initial skill-dmg (impulse, etc.). So a DK would prefer magic crit, since Talons, his PBAE, etc, all buil their Ultimate Points by a "magic effect" that ticks, when the ticks crit (magic crit dmg) you have the fastest Ultimate reggen (Talons, Cinder Storm, Fire AE's with DoT, etc etc...).
    Edited by Francescolg on December 5, 2014 10:04AM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game is pure PvE and new content comes every 6-8 weeks
    That was true for the first 4 updates. Not anymore. :|
    Wololo.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a ton of PvE content, including dungeons and quests in Cyrodiil.
    The Moot Councillor
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a bunch of endgame PVE content (much, much more than PVP content). There are a ton of Veteran Dungeons that you must run lots of times each. There are Trials which you must run lots of times. There's Craglorn if you want something different.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »

Huh have I missed something? :)

We didn't get any new pvp content since release, did we? Even the upcoming justice system is again only pve ...
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    Gyudan wrote: »

Huh have I missed something? :)

We didn't get any new pvp content since release, did we? Even the upcoming justice system is again only pve ...

He ment the 6-8 weeks is not true :)

Also 8% crit i also have on my hunding. No need to do trials for that. PvP is fun, unless you get lagged.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, PVE in this game is great and the content is plentiful. I have always strayed away from PVP in other MMO's because it just didn't do it for me. However, PVP in this game can occupy plenty of my time. Lag or freezes will make it less enjoyable if you are there for the actual alliance war, but if you grab a friend (because you may need them) ;) and just try and run some of the quests, you will find that there is a great blend there as well. Skyshards abound, but the added excitement of not knowing who is going to drop in and ruin the fun makes even PVE in Cyrodiil that much better.

Even with that, I usually run about 80% PVE and 20% PVP. At V2, I haven't ben able to find an end to the PVE experience and still got plenty of maps to clear.
    If you want to run quests in Cyrodiil and not partake of the PVP - If they didn't come with you on your quest, you should probably run. :D
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this game is 90% PvE with a single dedicated PvP zone.

you can play it without ever stepping foot into PvP. Same is not true in the reverse sense.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes 90% do not pvp ... due to lack of pvp support...pvp population is really low imo
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morshire wrote: »
    I have to say, PVE in this game is great and the content is plentiful. I have always strayed away from PVP in other MMO's because it just didn't do it for me. However, PVP in this game can occupy plenty of my time. Lag or freezes will make it less enjoyable if you are there for the actual alliance war, but if you grab a friend (because you may need them) ;) and just try and run some of the quests, you will find that there is a great blend there as well. Skyshards abound, but the added excitement of not knowing who is going to drop in and ruin the fun makes even PVE in Cyrodiil that much better.

Even with that, I usually run about 80% PVE and 20% PVP. At V2, I haven't ben able to find an end to the PVE experience and still got plenty of maps to clear.
    If you want to run quests in Cyrodiil and not partake of the PVP - If they didn't come with you on your quest, you should probably run. :D

PVE in this game is like playing a puzzles with times and meters imo... some instance require you to jump spin dive when you see something glow if you do not follow the dance program you instant die... Tanks are most of the time are not really needed... Honestly im not a fan of this pve.. but again im not a huge pve fan... I lean twards pvp but i like the combat system and the characters and how open the development is... My main complaint is in high end pve you do not get to play your character the way you want to....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play for the fun and sharing a game with my hubby (our GM moved out of state, so no "live" RPG lately). I do my best to friend folks and if we are in ay to use chat (and lately some emotes) to make things more 'live" and fun. Mostly seems to work pretty well. I'm not a fan of "rush to the next battle" all the time.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis