The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Action Bar Mod. R.I.P Alphatools... Now what?

Alphashado
Alphashado
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
First let me say thank you to @AlphaLemming. I very much enjoyed both of his addons as many thousands of others did as well. They were very well done and I am sure required an enormous amount of time and dedication to create and maintain.

A moderate amount of research has revealed that Both Alphatools and Craftstore have been removed due to the above mentioned author deciding to retain the use of these addons for friends only. That is fine. As the author and creator of these addons, he is entitled to do with them as he wishes. But my question is this:

What now? There are a few different mods that keep track of crafting traits, but I can't seem to find anything even close to the dynamic way Alphatools allowed us to manage skill bars. It has a very smooth and nice looking UI allowing several action bar compositions to be saved and installed via a mouse click on the UI or via hotkey.

After asking around a bit I have found that I am certainly not the only one that has grown very attached to this addon. It has become a fundamental part of my gameplay. But I haven't been able to find anything even close to replace it. I looked around a few months ago out of curiosity and didn't find much. After a casual glance at the addon menu, I don't see anything new.

So maybe I am missing a diamond in the rough? I figured I would post this in hopes that other Alphatools users may have come across a good substitute. Luckily the old mod still works, but it causes errors and it's only a matter of time before we will have to put the old gal to rest.

Maybe someone with experience writing addon scripts will see this post and feel compelled to create one since it seems to be in very high demand. I'm sure it's a thankless job, but rest assured that despite any negative feedback you get, there are many thousands of silent users that very much enjoy your work.
This discussion has been closed.