Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When can we expect Bow fixes?

• GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was a small problem before seems to be a much worse one now. Yah, removing the stack is probably all it would take to fix it too. why is this taking so long?
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a distance cap on ranged sneak attacks too. Being able to sneak attack from 45 m away is preposterous.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Range dps is extreamily unbalanced in relation to melee... A two hander in pvp is getting tore to pieces atm... i tried to play two hander in the last few weeks there are just to many bow users .. Why does melee have to risk so much to similar or less dps.. my bow out dps my twohander hands down...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll get down on my bare knees and thank the Lord for this fine product.

Cool Story Bro. My heart bleeds for you.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Range dps is extreamily unbalanced in relation to melee... A two hander in pvp is getting tore to pieces atm... i tried to play two hander in the last few weeks there are just to many bow users .. Why does melee have to risk so much to similar or less dps.. my bow out dps my twohander hands down...

This is what's been said a few times in other threads. That the buffs to 2H have been eclipsed by the even better buffs to bows.

Unless you're a DK with scales, going melee is extremely risky atm. You take huge ranged fire from many sides and each archer is doing ranged DPS higher than your melee DPS with less risk attached.
    Edited by Maulkin on November 26, 2014 11:50AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wear kneepads.

Archers, come at me bros.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to fix this. The feeling I'm getting from people in PvP is "don't attack anything, bows will kill you. Fight between keeps or farm them if they try to attack us." whole map is stactic. ZOS - any word?

Taking away the healing stack is not going to change the complaints. People have no actual justification to complain about snipe so they are complaining about the obvious stack *right now.... Their will be more complaints. Snipes power is that it hurts, it has a huge range, and it debuffs your healing. Pretty powerful for a skill that im paying 190 stamina for lol.

Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    After resisting the Vamp FOTY since launch, my will is exhausted and I have given in to the snipe spam that is PvP, because it is flat out better than anything my class or any other weapon has to offer.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I love Bow right now. :trollface:

/that is all
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who currently 'almost never dies to bows' either almost never plays PvP or spends his time in PvP spamming Lethal Arrows from a safe distance.

Every single person you speak to in PvP will tell you the same story of basically every single death recap being filled with Bow skills.

As a bow user from day one my death recap is full of talons, spears and bolts.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was looking at death recaps a lot last night at what was killing me the most, and it's not just one thing.

Currently I seem to die from a wide range of things, on that basis I'd say it's pretty balanced. Crystal fragments has always been the perennial, but bow's seems to play a bigger part now than ever before. Lethal funnily enough, it's being reflected when I haven't tab targeted, so I'm hitting the wrong person only to have it come back to me :/ I'm average at best but at least I know it and I'm not drinking my own bath water. So much fail with how much is reflected though, there is only so much roll dodge you can do on a keep wall.

My KDR is kinda high, but I'm not elite, never will be and that's okay, I don't worry about it to much. I hovered around 7:1 last night on Thornblade running 100% solo with my NB archer, we got DP'ed from Purple hard! hehe Not even slightly able to slow the r@pe train down. Ended up killing 89 which is great, but died an embarrassing 13 times :disappointed:

Yeah I know, I need L2P lessons... :disappointed:

Death types would by and large depend on your build wouldn't they? Light wearer heal types are going to get smashed by lethal at the moment, no suprizes that there is uproar about bow currently, not defending it of course. The heal debuffs need to go!

DK's only die of two things, sheer boredom or pure exhaustion after killing everyone insight :P
    Edited by kijima on November 27, 2014 2:54AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is when players are crying about Bows in PvP it means ZoS is heading in the right direction with Stamina builds ;)
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    A reason why bow is powerfull in pvp actually is also because everybody used to cap his spell protection, letting harness magicka doing the job for physical damage.
    Now that harness magicka don't protect anymore from physical damage with everybody in dress and without protection for sure archer are more lethal than before (even in if my opinion I wad doing more damage in opener before the 1.5 change than now).

But in the other hand I'm not agree with people saying that the 2hand is useless compare to bow, when I'am engaged in a fair fight (not an stealth opener one) I usually switch to the 2Hand because I find it more versatile (with the parry heal wich for a NB is very usefull) than the bow.
    And also because when people see a bow user now they all seems to thinks that we only do snipe + snipe + snipe and have a second of hesitation in general when I charge :D .
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Put a distance cap on ranged sneak attacks too. Being able to sneak attack from 45 m away is preposterous.
    This is what makes Bow such a ridiculously good choice compared to anything else in ESO, at the moment. Apart from personal preference and actually having a spine, there
    Anyone who currently 'almost never dies to bows' either almost never plays PvP or spends his time in PvP spamming Lethal Arrows from a safe distance.

Every single person you speak to in PvP will tell you the same story of basically every single death recap being filled with Bow skills.

Once again someone who is confusing class skills with weapon skills.
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    This is what makes Bow such a ridiculously good choice compared to anything else in ESO, at the moment. Apart from personal preference and actually having a spine, there

Once again someone who is confusing class skills with weapon skills.

Kris, you do realise that with stealth as buggy as it is right now and with the horde of Magelight users in Cyrodiil, the only two really reliable ways to land a sneak attack is via Ambush or by using a bow right?

Most of the bow skills don't need "Fixing". Only Snipe needs to be nerfed in terms of adding back a deadzone and increasing the cast time. If anything, I would say that skills like Arrow Spray and Volley still needs to be improved. But still, Snipe needs to be nerfed. And fast.

Off-topic: Whoever thought it a great idea to give the morph that boosts spell crit by 20% passive stealth detection should be shot, drawn and quartered. I'm fine with the Radient Magelight morph though.
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The health debuff stacking and a small dead-zone for Snipe are the two things I'd like to see as 'bow fixes'. Thread title is just a slight marketing ploy.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    The health debuff stacking and a small dead-zone for Snipe are the two things I'd like to see as 'bow fixes'. Thread title is just a slight marketing ploy.

I find myself on the opposing side of your arguments more often than not, but even in that position I can agree that this is the most that would be needed if anything.

We'll see how things go when the the fix to the heal debuff stacking goes through, take it step by step and observe the results. Until then I think we've discussed all we can and have come to a pretty common conclusion.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing they need to fix is the stacking heal debuff. others can wait until we see the effect of that.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't use bow and I agree they should start by just fixing the heal debuff. My guess is that most people don't realize they weren't bursted down, the group heals simply had no effect.

The recap should show heals and like other games.

You were healed for 2 (-899).
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Columba wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    The only fix that needs to happen is the debuff stack. Thats it, and they "should" put it in today or next week, if they keep to their normal reaction times on these things once they acknowledge them.

Yes this. However, if they put in a short dead zone, that would be fine too. I don't use snipe up close, there are far better skills to use up close.

people try to spam it up close now.

if im out of stamina, it works, but if im not i just bash them. if it got a mimimum range, it would be a good thing. it would keep people from developing bad habits.

People bashing it should be plenty enough to keep people from spamming it up close.

People NOT bashing a high damage move w/ a cast time when at close range is what shouldn't be rewarded.
  • naturn
    naturn
    ✭✭✭
    Half the people in pvp are using bows now. Clearly snipe at close range with a very short wait between shots is an important factor, but not the only reason bows are popular. With so much interest in one weapon there is something wrong. That should tell you change is coming.
    Edited by naturn on November 29, 2014 2:42AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    suycyco wrote: »
    And also because when people see a bow user now they all seems to thinks that we only do snipe + snipe + snipe and have a second of hesitation in general when I charge :D .

i LOVE proving people wrong on this generalization.

killing someone in melee combat after they charge me with my fear+sparks combo is an awesome feeling. most people assume archers cant fight worth a crap up close, and i just LOVE proving that sterotype wrong. I always wonder how people feel when they get their butts kicked by that archer that they thought would be an easy push over of a kill.

if any of you ever want to see an example of what i mean, simply look me up and i will show you:D you wont have any of your zergling friends to help you, it will just be you and me. you will then see what some of us archers are truely capable of:)
    Edited by Cody on November 29, 2014 4:42AM
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admittedly don't PvP as much as many but I tend to have a fairly even spread on my kill recaps. The heal debuff needs to go, but I would rather wait and see how that changes things. Any cheesy kill is annoying and there are a few combos out there that are terrible. The one thing I would add is that at least there is something to directly counter the snipes, not much use when an entire legion spams the same attack but I find those cases to be few and far between.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    naturn wrote: »
    Half the people in pvp are using bows now. Clearly snipe at close range with a very short wait between shots is an important factor, but not the only reason bows are popular. With so much interest in one weapon there is something wrong. That should tell you change is coming.

Your logic is a bit flawed.

The bow is good at burst damage, and nothing else. At all. But now that it can burst outside of stealth, it's somehow a problem because it's... popular?

Destro has been the top DPS weapon for literally every possible facet of the game since launch up until now. There have been no changes to the destro staff to oust it from this position. It is still the 2nd best DPS weapon, the best AoE weapon, and the best weapon for single-target sustain by far.

S&B / Resto have been the de facto PvP weapons since launch up until now. Even now, they are still better choices for prolonged battle than anything else in the game, period.

There are tons of reasons people are using bows now; there's finally a stamina-based weapon that is somewhat successful in PvP at a time when people are just plain sick of running around w/ staves + S&B. Of course people are going to be using it.

It just got buffed to actually be usable outside of just hoping to kill somebody from stealth before they can react; of course people who gave up on bows before will pick them back up now.

Snipe itself was held back only by its cast time and minimum range, leaving the bow in a situation where there was no "spammable" attack like every single other dps weapon has, causing it to be inferior in every single aspect of the game. Now it has a spammable attack and is much more usable. Of course people will want to play around w/ it.

And then of course, there's the lowest common denominators who see that Lethal Arrow is still stacking w/ itself and want to get in on easy kills before it's patched out. Where there's an exploit, there will always be droves of people using it, because path of least resistance, etc.