The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

flames of oblivion, does the crit increase only apply to the caster?

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Hard question to answer, but does the crit bonus in flames of obpivion apply only to the caster? Noticing flames of oblivion tool tip for 10-13% weapon crit for the caster for enemies engulfed in the flames, I started noticing a debuff ticking on mobs in the flame. Seeing how under used it wouldn't surprise me if the debuff applied for any hitting the same target.

If this debuff applies just to the caster it's still useful, if it applies to anyone hi tilting those mobs I think I found my new trials ability when stacking on bosses =3
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit

Best Answer

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    DKs in general suffer from egoism with their buffs. :D the skills and buffs that is. :p
    Except shield, Molten weapon, choking talons theres not much more for grp.

Try sorcerers, we don't have a single ability that boosts allies. That's pure egoism.
    Oh look, a nice shield on my clannfear! :sweat_smile:

You're forgetting negate, it gives allies a minor protection and a minor spell penetration buff which can be good because it stacks with the major protection buff from Veil of Blades or Nova. Also the Atronach synnergy increases the allies damage by 20% after activation.

@heroofnoneb14_ESO
    A guild mate tested Flames of Obilivion and Inner Light and he said Flames gave higher dps output if you use Valkyn Skoria.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Answer ✓
  • Nikk_Battleborn
    Nikk_Battleborn
    Soul Shriven
    I would also love to know this. I guess we won't get an official response. You could test it by having a friend of yours with 0% crit chance to hit some targets for a while. If they still land a crit.... then we know.

I would be willing to try this with you if you want. I'm a DK, EP. Just add me to your friends. (same character name as forum name)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It only applies to the caster. Already checked it. Tried almost everything related to DK(DPS).

DKs in general suffer from egoism with their buffs. :D the skills and buffs that is. :p
    Edited by xMovingTarget on November 25, 2014 10:30AM
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only applies to the caster. Already checked it. Tried almost everything related to DK(DPS).

How did you test this? Seeing a 10% rise in crit on way or another can be difficult given some of the natural crit you have, verifying it on others I imagine would be just as difficult. I'm aware what the tool tipvsays, but those have been wrong before, and given the debuff that you can see apply through the stendarr mod it perked my curiosity.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What debuff do you see with Stendarr? Keep in mind that the AIP does not offer any way to check for a debuff on an enemy. All the debuff timers atm are related to keys pressed or are maybe damage related. No way to check if a non-damaging debuff is on the enemy or not (besides pulsar health debuff afaik).
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try sorcerers, we don't have a single ability that boosts allies. That's pure egoism.
    Oh look, a nice shield on my clannfear! :sweat_smile:
    Wololo.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @Gyudan‌ Re: Sorcerers - Don't the resto staff healing abilities also heal summoned pets & atronach ulti?
    Edited by keto3000 on December 23, 2014 6:21PM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @keto3000‌: As I remember it, heals don't affect pets. I think that this was actually the case at the beginning but it was changed to prevent pets (or NPCs) from "stealing" heals from other goup members.
    There are a few improvements coming for pets in update 6 though, so anything is susceptible to change. For exemple, pets will now be able to crit based on a player's crit rate. They will also take less dmg from AOE attacks.
    Edited by Gyudan on December 23, 2014 7:05PM
    Wololo.
  • Dustile
    Dustile
    ✭✭✭
    It only applies to the caster
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    @keto3000‌: As I remember it, heals don't affect pets. I think that this was actually the case at the beginning but it was changed to prevent pets (or NPCs) from "stealing" heals from other goup members.
    There are a few improvements coming for pets in update 6 though, so anything is susceptible to change. For exemple, pets will now be able to crit based on a player's crit rate. They will also take less dmg from AOE attacks.
    Close: only AoE heals affect pets.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard question to answer, but does the crit bonus in flames of obpivion apply only to the caster? Noticing flames of oblivion tool tip for 10-13% weapon crit for the caster for enemies engulfed in the flames, I started noticing a debuff ticking on mobs in the flame. Seeing how under used it wouldn't surprise me if the debuff applied for any hitting the same target.

If this debuff applies just to the caster it's still useful, if it applies to anyone hi tilting those mobs I think I found my new trials ability when stacking on bosses =3

well unless its totally bugged then it only applies to caster and only applies when hitting an enemy engulfed in flame:/ should be reported if its not doing what it says.