The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is there any way to activate my ESO on steam?

fiftypercentgrey
fiftypercentgrey
✭✭✭
I know there wasnt when they started on steam. Did they manage to fix it?
ἀπόκρυφος
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    meh.
    Did they say anything about that, like planning to get this fixed?
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meh.
    Did they say anything about that, like planning to get this fixed?

No, they said register it as a non-steam game, that's it, done as far as they are concerned.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking if it will be "fixed" implies that it's broken. No one has ever stated that Valve intended to allow Steam activation for copies of the game purchased from other sources.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    if a zos staff comments here either he/she will just say,

you can play this game as a non-steam product and then tells you how to do it

but that isnt really the point, some people actually want to get this as a steam product those who bought it and those who supported this game since the start but apparently we will not be getting it.

i for one am still waiting till i can get my collectors edition game into steam cause im an achievement nerd
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to get your current account to be on steam is to re-buy it on steam but not use the new account just use your current one.

Yes that is costly and I have no idea why you would want to, but it can be done.
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    You can only write Steam reviews if you played the game via Steam... I really would like to add my positive feedback.

Maybe someday they make it possible.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    alceleniel wrote: »
    You can only write Steam reviews if you played the game via Steam... I really would like to add my positive feedback.

It was at first, then steam had a hissy fit and locked it only steam purchasers could do that.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was at first, then steam had a hissy fit and locked it only steam purchasers could do that.
    Cause all the NON-steam ESO players where posted 'DO NOT BUY' all over the steam forums, so it was effecting their sales and they changed it.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Louis wrote: »
    if a zos staff comments here either he/she will just say,

you can play this game as a non-steam product and then tells you how to do it

but that isnt really the point, some people actually want to get this as a steam product those who bought it and those who supported this game since the start but apparently we will not be getting it.

i for one am still waiting till i can get my collectors edition game into steam cause im an achievement nerd

For what has to be the thousandth time, this is not ZO's call. Steam is a Valve product, and Valve calls the shots when it comes to registering games on Steam.
    ----
    Murray?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

Cause all the NON-steam ESO players where posted 'DO NOT BUY' all over the steam forums, so it was effecting their sales and they changed it.

Well I was defending on the steam forums, and I stand by my comments, this is a fun game.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Tyree42
    Tyree42
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS -- please update us with how you are working making this happen? When will we be able to add our non-Steam purchased ESO account to Steam with full integration?

--TyREE42
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyree42 wrote: »
    ZOS -- please update us with how you are working making this happen? When will we be able to add our non-Steam purchased ESO account to Steam with full integration?

Short answer they aren't.

Long answer as far as they are concerned adding your game to steam as a non-steam game is the solution. Once you've done that, it's done and dusted.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyree42 wrote: »

Reading is your friend. The decision about Steam integration is Valve's to make. Not ZO's. ZO does not own Steam.
    ----
    Murray?