The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can I improve an Armor Set?

Arizona_Willie
Arizona_Willie
✭✭✭
The first set I made was green but the second set is white level. I notice it has Traits but no Enchantments.

If I improve elements of an Armor Set will it destroy them as a set, or will the set still be a set if I improve one or more items in the set? I would improve all the armor elements up to at least green and higher if i can come up with the crud that we need to make improvements.
If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In crafting lets say I'm making a seducer set

I get to pick my Style, Trait and Level then they are produced as white with no enchants only a trait eg; Infused X*% to power of the enchantment increase
    * pending on quality

I can then improve the pieces without anything changing

I can enchant a green piece of armor and then decide, hey I want it to be purple. I use the correct items for upgrades (Tanins, Tempers and Resins) and I still keep my enchants, my set bonus and my trait.
    Edited by KBKB on October 31, 2014 7:48PM
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the prompt response. I was afraid if I improved a white set it would mess it up as a set and would, perhaps, no longer carry the set bonus or something.

I'm very glad to hear I can improve pieces of the set without destroying the set.
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem at all, have yourself a lovely day/night =D