The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game keeps Freezing/Locking Up

Snaloe
Snaloe
Hello I have just returned after a break from the game after the very buggy launch. And I have come back and it is now worse than ever ? how the ... did you manage this ?

The game keeps locking up I play StarCitizen/SWTOR/ArcheAge/Rift/MWO/WoT/NFSW/STO and just about every other MMO out there but this one the game keeps locking up.

I joined a guild and now the game will not load any character into game. I just locks up on the loading screen.

Why exactly am I paying for this ? Do you really think people will pay you a subscription for this kind of service ?

Is there anything that can be done to make this [snip] playable ?
This post has been edited based on our rules on Cursing and Profanity in the Code of Conduct.
Edited by ZOS_GaryA on October 28, 2014 3:54PM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @robertbowdern18b16_ESO,

We created a customer support ticket just for you for this issue. Our stellar team will be able to gather and analyze the information necessary to assisting you with the freezing issues. They will be reaching out to you via email shortly. We appreciate your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Snaloe
    Snaloe
    Well Outlook is down, so I cannot get any email now thats just great. The game is locking up on loading all characters now since I tried to join a guild.

I have tried disabling all addons, lowering GFX settings/ and removing the My Documents folder so it regenerates to file structure nothing works.

If this continues I will be leaving the game since I will NOT be paying to crash over and over when I try to load my characters.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PMing you on this one then. Please check your inbox :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Snaloe
    Snaloe
    Thanks problem Resovled.

In case anyone else gets this, Its due to the fact you joined a guild that already Has 500 members, In order to correct it, Change the games Language on the Launcher, log in, leave the guild, log out change back the language and play as normal.

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes me sad to see a software company have their CS reps make customers jump through hoops to navigate around their bugs instead of having their developers fix them, but I guess they have more pressing matters to attend to. Hopefully, this particular bug does not affect more than a handful of people.

However, the mere possibility for the game to allow you to join a guild that is already full points to a fundamental problem with the database design. This simply should not happen, and there are accepted ways to prevent it. Transaction locking is a very old database feature that was invented to prevent exactly this kind of problem. If it happens anyway, there are obvious ways to handle the data corruption gracefully - certainly more gracefully than locking up.

This is basic database theory. It baffles me to see this kind of errors in the game.
  • Snaloe
    Snaloe
    Its certainly sad to see, but CS was fast and very helpful, and where most would just ignore you if you cannot access your email they pm'ed me instead. Makes up for the bugs somewhat.