The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this a viable setup for a gaming pc

Josh.cullumbine1b16_ESO
I been looking at building my own gaming pc for a long while mostly to just play eso the computer i have is i3 but used more for personal use. I was searching the forums and found this link but changed from USA to UK.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/NFDjWZ

is this still a viable setup to use or am i missing something any help would be most grateful, cheers.
  • okaybros
    okaybros
    Soul Shriven
    The GTX x50 series (ie 750, 650, 550) are not considered gaming cards. I'd go with x60 and up.

I'd get a higher power supply, 650-700 at least.

I don't know much about hardware but that's my opinion.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    As above mentioned you maywish to look for a more powerful card like a 660 ti or above.

The gtx 970 is $329 list if that is in budget. Low power usage and fairly good performance.

You also may find you want more then 8gb system ram and more then 2gb vram.

Of course what would make me happy may not make you happy and budgets are tight everywhere.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Micallef
    Micallef
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to agree with the previous comments about the GPU and the power supply. You can't buy them anymore, but I have a 660ti and it holds its own admirably; had me putting off an upgrade due to lack of viable (price vs. performance) alternatives.

Also, the four cores aren't going to do much for ESO. Dual core would do fine, and you'd be better off trading two cores for more speed. 8gb RAM should be fine, but make sure you have enough disk space for a sizeable pagefile, and keep your disk clean and lean to maintain speed.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I been looking at building my own gaming pc for a long while mostly to just play eso the computer i have is i3 but used more for personal use. I was searching the forums and found this link but changed from USA to UK.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/NFDjWZ

is this still a viable setup to use or am i missing something any help would be most grateful, cheers.

My 2500k (you can OC) has not yet found a game where it limits so yes the CPU is totally fine for any type of game currently in the market. I see the CPU limiting in future though, when the Crytek games become more demanding like Space Citizen.
    However, there is still something to consider. The 2500 ranks around 150 bucks right now, it might not be wrong to invest 100 more and go for an I7 but this is something that depends on your preference.

When I got my 2500k I could had bought a cheaper I3 as well but my investment paid off as I mentioned above and with the I7 it could be a similar situation for you. But as I said, there is never a guarantee and right now hyper threading, quad support is only to be found in Crytek games and a few others - maybe 5-10% of the current games if it all.

Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card, this isn't a very good card for gaming. I would go for a 280x by AMD - wonderful card, runs everything on Ultra and in Full HD and costs only about 240 these days. A 290 isn't bad either, I prefer AMD over Nvidia but again its a personal preference.

If you go for the 2500k, get a new CPU fan the stock coolers are not suited for any type of OC ;)
  • Josh.cullumbine1b16_ESO
    Yeah I don't have a high end budget most I'm willing to spend would be about £600-700 I've heard about the quad cores not being as effective as eso is quite more CPU intensive than the gpu, the i3 I have now is okay to play with but it's on lowest setting possible and only issue I get is in AVA where huge fights are going on and frames drop to like 20 fps which to me is shocking. The computer I plan to build will mainly just be to play ESO as it's the only game I enjoy playing on any platform.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't have a high end budget most I'm willing to spend would be about £600-700 I've heard about the quad cores not being as effective as eso is quite more CPU intensive than the gpu, the i3 I have now is okay to play with but it's on lowest setting possible and only issue I get is in AVA where huge fights are going on and frames drop to like 20 fps which to me is shocking. The computer I plan to build will mainly just be to play ESO as it's the only game I enjoy playing on any platform.

From my experience that is not true.

I have the fx 8350 by AMD. See below for full specs.

While playing no one core maxes out. Or really goes over 80% all cores are in use.

I have made sure the game's .ini file is set to allow for multithreading.

I have heard not all systems do well with multithreading in this game however. Your mileage may vary.

My system is very definitively GPU bound.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't trade my 2500k for anything. I have had it for over two years. I OC'd it to 5hz out of the box and havent looked back.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn