The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Guild summit should have 16 reps, voted on

• Arowe_eso
    Arowe_eso
    ✭✭
    High King hova
    V14 Nightblade DC
    V14 Sorc DC
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Lfehova wrote: »

Why was it ever a secret in the first place?

For good or bad I imagine the reason being this thread for one.

This thread is a direct result of it being hush hush, not the other way around.

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aoe barbacue > hova
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keeping secrets from paying customers is always a good business practice. Especially in MMOs.
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    aoe barbacue > hova

From how well I actually know bbq. I'd be ecstatic if he were going to represent us as a pvp community.
    Characters: Hovaling/Lfehova/Hova-kun/Hovalicious
    Class: DK/DK/Sorc/Templar
    Guild: No Mercy
    Alliance: Daggerfall

Characters after rename: BROVALING/Baka-kun/Brovalicious (Lfehova is now a retired DK and spends his days crafting)
  • Rooty
    Rooty
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    aoe barbacue > hova

From how well I actually know bbq. I'd be ecstatic if he were going to represent us as a pvp community.

He would announce his entrance into every room with "I am AoE Barbecue".
    No Mercy
    Rooty, Rooty-san, Rooty-sama, Rooty-chan, Rooty-senpai
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    WHERE IS SHE?!
    #FreeBraidas
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am invited to the summit, I will filibuster all proceedings until all developers officially acknowledge that they are NOT Aoe Barbecue; there can only be one, and I am he. Furthermore, I will not be wearing any pants.

I am awaiting my invitation, Zenimax. My body is ready.
    Edited by Aoe_Barbecue on October 1, 2014 5:38PM
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    If I am invited to the summit, I will filibuster all proceedings until all developers officially acknowledge that they are NOT Aoe Barbecue; there can only be one, and I am he. Furthermore, I will not be wearing any pants.

I think you're just hoping for a body search.
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »

He's not. He's waiting for a cavity search.

Characters after rename: BROVALING/Baka-kun/Brovalicious (Lfehova is now a retired DK and spends his days crafting)
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From a Dentist?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

From a Dentist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_cavity_search
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »

From a Dentist?

Reading that description..
    My body is also ready.
    Edited by Lfehova on October 1, 2014 9:25PM

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will the real AOE Barbecue please stand up..

I repeat will the real AOE Barbecue please stand up.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Aoe_Barbecue
    Aoe_Barbecue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always up.

tumblr_mm9seqhWHF1snv35eo1_500.gif
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    No point getting worked up over a PR stunt folks.
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    idk how they chose this, but as an EP PvP-only guy who plays too much, every day, and since day 1.... the leaders most vocal representing EP refuse to communicate with us in cyrodiil... make comments like "we don't listen to no-name unguildeds"... tell us they are otw to help with important objectives and never show up (instead usually farming AP across the map where nothing is happening)...then blame the casuals for EP falling apart and go dark on the day when we needed teamwork the most (today).

at this point, idc if zos fixes anything in pvp because the attitude on our side of the map from the people who think themselves too important to strategize as a team can't be fixed by oil, camps, or AoE.
  • serenenightmare
    serenenightmare
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always up.

tumblr_mm9seqhWHF1snv35eo1_500.gif

How many times have I heard that... :wink:

v14 Sorcerer: Aerendyl Merith
    Former Empress of Volendrung, first cycle.
    Former Empress of Thornblade, fourth cycle.
    v14 Templar: Aeren-chan
    v1 Dragonknight: Aelrindel Merith
    v1 Nightblade: Arendelle Merith
    No Mercy.
    Aeren Cartel, Best Drugs North America
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From a Dentist?

Someone help I need an adult!
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭

From a Dentist?

An adult will not save you..

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From a Dentist?

An adult will not save you..

I no longer need an adult.
    687474703a2f2f657069637965617270726f6a6563742e66696c65732e776f726470726573732e636f6d2f323031312f30352f6261737469616e2d66616c_zpsaa46f180.gif
    Edited by Armitas on October 2, 2014 9:48PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the issue. Atropos is reporting everything that is said with extreme, borderline excessive detail. All you have to do is go read it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the issue. Atropos is reporting everything that is said with extreme, borderline excessive detail. All you have to do is go read it.

They are concerned about how the attendees got chosen, since as far as I interpreted this thread, I think they want to press their opinions into the minds of the devs so that the alter the game in the respective way.

The problem is, however, ZOS wants a good channel for complex information as well as opinions (and the corresponding discussions) from the attendees. Not a list of necessary bugfixes

- Small but meaningful difference.
    Edited by Sublime on October 3, 2014 11:57AM
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭

It's about getting the playerbase feedback. Because I and others feel like the devs don't even understand how their game is played. So the changes and developments they're making are frequently totally off base.

Like light improvement? Wtf do I care about how a light works in a church, when that same visual upgrade totally Boris pvp for 3 weeks.

But for reals, reading the summaries from Atropos, it's clear Eric (the guy in charge of mechanics or whatever) has a good head on his shoulders. His proposed changes all make sense, and it's clear he understands the flow of the game in terms of pvp and how changes could enhance gameplay.

However, reading Brian's proposed changes and plans, it's clear he has never laid foot in a real Cyrodiil battle or participated in any group pvp.

I'd like to hear Eric's ideas on Imperial City. Maybe they won't be totally donkey deuce.

• Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    i understand inviting hodor and alacrity, but inviding that terrible D guy from the forums, what is ZOS on?
  • Foghladha
    Foghladha
    ✭✭✭
    It was a nice mix of guilds. Lots of spreed sheets and min max stuff on the pvp and PvE front. Noore and I both turned over a very large documents (30+ pages) with data analysis and key points of friction for the game along with some ideas on how to improve. At least half of the people that were there like myself run a publication, website, podcast, or livestream. We were brought in to get the word out on what we saw. This event was largely a nuts and bolts dog and pony show. They showed us what they were working on and we shot holes in it and pitched solutions. Most of the guild's that were in attendance were hard core except for a eu Roleplay guild and my little casual community. Rest assured we relayed a lot of your concerns and they are working on creative solutions to resolve a lot of the underlying issues. I'll be posting a full writeup on this in Issue 3 of Gaiscioch Magazine shipping later this month.
    Edited by Foghladha on October 3, 2014 7:59PM
    Benjamin "Foghladhda" Foley
    Founder & Activities Director
    Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community
    Join us: ESO Chapter | Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube | Discord
  • Lfehova
    Lfehova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foghladha wrote: »
    It was a nice mix of guilds. Lots of spreed sheets and min max stuff on the pvp and PvE front. Noore and I both turned over a very large documents (30+ pages) with data analysis and key points of friction for the game along with some ideas on how to improve. At least half of the people that were there like myself run a publication, website, podcast, or livestream. We were brought in to get the word out on what we saw. This event was largely a nuts and bolts dog and pony show. They showed us what they were working on and we shot holes in it and pitched solutions. Most of the guild's that were in attendance were hard core except for a eu Roleplay guild and my little casual community. Rest assured we relayed a lot of your concerns and they are working on creative solutions to resolve a lot of the underlying issues. I'll be posting a full writeup on this in Issue 3 of Gaiscioch Magazine shipping later this month.

Awesome. Thank you for your update. And appreciate you shooting holes in their ideas.

Some of ZoS's ideas are great. Some are totally misguided as if they've never played the game before. Appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

• Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fine with whatever ways ZoS has selected their players. Their game, their choices on who they want to represent the playerbase. I think any organized selection process would turn into a big epeen rage fest and cause more problems than they solve. Better that they have someone from our playerbase than no one.

What kind of thought is this? Their game their choice? That's like saying it's the government's country, they should do whatever they want. That's horribly misguided.

They CAN do whatever they want, but they shouldn't.

Like braidas said, this is a company that runs on money. This company provided us a service, that we pay for. If they want to be successful, they have to listen to us, and take our opinions into consideration.

Believing we have no right to influence the direction of this game is exactly the kind of standoffish lemming behavior that permeates through a game destined for mediocrity. The playerbase needs to care and needs the power to influence, if a game wants to be truly successful.

Look at a wildly successful game like league of legends. I know it's a different genre, but they empower their playerbase. Their pros are interviewed and they give little tutorials on their favorite champion and why. Riot constantly nerfs and buffs based on the competitive scene and feedback from their players. They have active staff playing at all levels of competition seeing what's good and bad for the game, and while not all steps are the right ones, they are constantly moving and trying. They provide their players with a goal and aspiration to achieve, so their players continue to play.

Also, I don't believe PvP is a smaller playerbase. There were a lot of pvpers earlier in the game. But the amount of game breaking bugs, and crashes, and frustrations related to PvP have crushed the PvP population. Lots have unsubbed and many are taking a break until stuff gets fixed. If they care about money, they'd fix half of their game's selling point to bring back a large population of players.

Here's the Magic btwn pvp and PvE. PvE you have to keep making new content. When people master dragon star and Serpent trials, they'll need to create the next one. With pvp, all they need to do is fix and balance. The players will continually create new strategies and challenges to keep things interesting. New pvp content would be awesome, but we should stick to fixing the foundation before building a skyscraper.

I couldn't agree more.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign