Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Post Your Ideas for Ability Revamps or Updates

Illumous
Illumous
✭✭✭
We all know there are a number of abilities that are... well completely useless and/or inferior to other options out there. I thought I'd make a thread where people could post ideas for ability revamps. This could be a small addition to an ability or a complete rehaul (be it an active or passive).

For instance, I feel Shuffle, the morph of the Medium Armor Active ability Evasion should be changed to provide more than it currently offers, namely to be more in line with the powerful Immovable Heavy Armor active.

Old Shuffle

- Player gains 15% dodge chance for 23 seconds when activated. Removes 1 snare for each piece of Medium Armor equipped.

New Shuffle

- Player gains 15% dodge chance for 23 seconds when activated. Removes 1 movement haltering effect (snare or root) and provides immunity to roots and snares for 1 second for each piece of Medium Armor equipped.

Now it's your turn! Maybe a change to the Trap Beast ability or Trapping Webs... A class ability that is unviable or a passive that isn't really up to snuff. Let's see what you can come up with!
Edited by Illumous on September 26, 2014 5:40PM
Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    I think the passive ability "arcane fighter" under the 2 handed weapon should be replaced with a new passive ability that when a critical hit occurs with a 2 handed weapon attack from the skill line or it could be with light or heavy attack, it prevents the ability to block for 2/4 seconds.

I feel this would be more inline with the 2 handed skill set because 2 handed weapons are meant to break through blockers. A 2 handed weapon will knock down or stun the heck out of people with a massive blow which is what a critical hit is, it just kind of happens. Arcane fighter seems like a good filler but feel that this would be more appropriate for a 2 handed fighter as 2 handed fighters are smash and bash toons they are not very arcane by nature.

www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing Strikes digivoles too......Wait, wrong, genre.

Ahem, allow me to change Puncturing Strikes/Sweeps/Biting Jabs to something else less channely and more tank friendly and still abides by a love of DPS. Mind you these numbers are from my current PS which deals 78 per hit on the tooltip, and with what I have in mind, bear with me.

Puncturing Strike - Deals 312 Damage to all targets in front of you, and deals 110% additional damage to the target nearest you, knocking it back 4 meters.

Blessed Strike - Deals 312 Damage to all targets in front of you, and deals 110% additional damage to the target nearest you, knocking it back 4 meters. Additionally heals the user for 20% of the damage done and all nearby allies within 10 meters for 40% of the damage done.

OR

Biting Assault - Deals 312 Damage to all targets in front of you and deals 110% additional damage to the target nearest you, knocking it back 4 meters. After using this attack, Spell and Weapon Critical Raiting is increased by 10% for 5 Seconds.

There, single attack AoE's, so they're no longer channels but also still use magicka. They'd also get an animation change too of course, and the big components is that now one will act as a group support tool or tank survival tool, and the other is a straight DPS choice that synergizes better with other skills.

Up next, Uppercut.

Uppercut- Original can stay as is, just ditch the cast time, that's it.

Wrecking Blow - Deals 50% additional damage but loses the knock back. Basically it's an instant cast super attack that will deal damage that's on par to what DW and Bows can do now. Something to make 2H looks awfully attractive to DPS users far and wide and not just a cosmetic choice anymore.

OR

Dizzying Swing - Deal Damage and knock target back 4 meters and stun them for 3.5 Seconds. Targets takes 20% Additional Damage for 5 Seconds and deals 20% less damage.

Next, Solar Flare! Which is such a simple fix I'm not even going to go in-depth with it. Simply put having a cast time is ok, but I'm going to have to ask that a built in option for Solar Flare and the Dark Flare morph that when using an ability, there's a 25% chance to make it an instant cast. That's it, maybe up the damage like 5 or 10%.

For Solar Barrage though, add on to the ability that it snares enemy targets for a whopping high amount as to aid Templar AoE tanking and group utility.

Spear Shards also has an idea in mind, with it doing everything that it does now but adding in a Talons effect where it traps enemy units for a short time and damages them. Blazing and Luminous Spear will do the same effect that they have now and the synergy will remain the same, which I think is what would keep the move balanced, since it'll lock enemy mobs in place but will go away if a player picks up the spear to restore their resources, and for blazing to keep hitting would also end for the same reason.

Both Cleave and Reverse Slash from 2H Skill Line could use a minor damage boost, say 15-20% and those abilities would be baller to use too.

Vampire's Bane hits rather decently but is still lack luster when compared to other moves, and a good way to make it really big is to have it explode after the DoT is finished. I think that's very anti-vampire, giant exploding balls of fire XD

For Backlash and it's morphs, simply make them Instant Cast, for there is no reason to have it so you can't do that instantly since casting it is just a waste of time that could be spent using a skill or two. Also, idk if it's still like but I think it is/wouldn't be surprised, but make it so there's no limit to using it, i.e if you have 5 templars in the group, 5 templars should be able to cast Backlash.

For Purifying Light, make it an instant heal that heals all allies within 15m of the target once the effect ends instead of a small healing puddle that reaches absolutely nobody.

Eclipse is ok I think?

Blinding Light - Make this actually work like a flash bang. Make it so when you use it, all targets near you miss their attacks for 3 seconds and take a small amount of magic fire damage. That should be a given automatically, and from there it's morphs should be:

Blinding Flashes - Once activated, all enemies will miss their attacks for 3 seconds, and for the next 6 seconds the player will pulsate, giving a 50% chance to make the enemies miss their attacks again.

Searing Light - All enemies within range of the attack suffer from 50% reduction in healing for 6 seconds.

Restoring Aura - Make it so it refills Magicka too, that's it. Everything else is beautiful about the Restoring Light tree. It's.....Perfect.

Passive Skills!

Burning Light - You want to make Templars amazing Melee DPS? Turn them into ESO-Ret Pallies. No seriously, do it. Take Burning Light as it is now, and make it so that it procs all melee weapon attacks but for a lesser amount of damage than it does now, like only 50%. For instance:

Burning Light - 50/100% chance on hit to deal 114 Magic Damage when Melee Weapon Attacks and 25% chance on hit to deal 230 Magic Damage when using Aedric Spear Abilities.

That will go a LONG way to buffing Templar Damage without it being freakishly OP in PvP (because I am well aware of the fear of a class that can heal and kill things at the same time)

Arcane Fighter - Increases chances of applying elemental weapon effects such as burning, chilling, etc by 100%. Also increases weapon enchant effect by 25/50%.

Heavy Weapons -
    Ax - Increases Crit Rating by 1/2%, enemy bleeds for 75% of weapon damage when struck by a 2H Ax.
    Mace - All attacks ignore 10% of the enemy's armor, and ignores 10% of damage when enemy blocks weapon attacks.
    Sword - Weapon Damage and 2H Weapon Abilities Increased by 5%.
    Edited by Khivas_Carrick on September 26, 2014 6:09PM
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lied, I got more, incoming edit to previous post
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the 2 handed skill line needs an ability that just out right breaks peoples blocks. It makes no sense that a giant mace, which was made, to get thru a heavy defense, can be blocked by everything.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Balanced Warrior - Passive - Add 4% mana return on melee heavy attack

Radiant Aura - Slotted - Add 10-15% magicka regen for the player, no changes to Activation portion

Sparks - Add some mitigation for spells for the duration

Ember Explosion
    - Add some reduced mitigation for spells for the duration. Increase damage. Change physical to fire.

Flurry (and Morphs) - Slightly reduce channel time and damage. Change 'Target Enemy' to Cone.

Bleeds - Remove monster immunity. Disable bleeding animations for selected monsters/skeletons, but allow bleed damage and effects to work. Can frontload bleed damage to initial hit, or backload it to end of bleed duration.

Stamina - Reduce defensive ability and sprint cost by a small amount based on total stamina. There should be a noticeable difference between heavy armor users and light armor magicka users in melee/defensive setups. The recent changes are mainly geared toward medium armor users, but heavy armor users are likely to be melee as well.

Heavy Attacks (melee only) - Allow melee Heavy Attacks to hit in a small cone, reduced damage on non-targeted enemies. Change Forceful to increase radius and damage on non-targeted enemies for 2 Handed Weapons.

Werewolf Heavy Attacks - Add stamina and health gain similar to recent change for all weapon types
    Edited by KenjiJU on September 29, 2014 1:41PM
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    Heavy armor - Berserker

Rank I
    Increases weapon critical by 1% and weapon damage by 1% per piece of heavy armor worn.
    Rank II
    Increase weapon critical by 2% and weapon damage by 2% per piece of heavy armor worn.
    Rank III
    Increase weapon critical by 3% and weapon damage by 3% per piece of heavy armor worn.
    Chance on hit to increase Stamina regen by 75% for 10 seconds.

*** Taking Berserker causes the Heavy armor passive Resolve to become unavailable, sacrificing armor increases and spell resistance by up to 21% to compensate for additional dps

Numbers would need tweaking as this should only make heavy armor dps comparable, not superior.
    I can has typing!
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Sparks Same
    Morphs into
    Heated Blades Same
    Ember Explosion All nearby enemies (6 meters) gain a 40% chance to miss ALL attacks for 4 secs.

This includes magic based and would give this ability a little more pazaz to have because I never use it cause everyone uses mostly magic attacks from their class abilities or

Ember Explosion Target misses all magic based attacks for the next 4 secs. Weapon damage for next attack increased by 30.
  • Sapphy24
    Sapphy24
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want the team to work on anything except fixes.
    Just fixes for now, once the game performs properly then worry about other things.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenjiJU wrote: »
    Radiant Aura - Slotted - Add 10-15% magicka regen for the player, no changes to Activation portion

Spear Shards (and Morphs) - Add small DoT
    Already exists within Blazing Spear, new idea is needed.

Plausible.

Ember Explosion
    - Add some reduced mitigation for spells for the duration. Increase damage. Change physical to fire.
    Ehhh.

Flurry (and Morphs) - Slightly reduce channel time and damage. Change 'Target Enemy' to Cone.
    Might be on to something with this one.

Bleeds - Remove monster immunity. Disable bleeding animations for selected monsters/skeletons, but allow bleed damage and effects to work. Can frontload bleed damage to initial hit, or backload it to end of bleed duration.
    Hmm.

Stamina - Reduce defensive ability and sprint cost by a small amount based on total stamina. There should be a noticeable difference between heavy armor users and light armor magicka users in melee/defensive setups. The recent changes are mainly geared toward medium armor users, but heavy armor users are likely to be melee as well.
    This, this is actually a good idea. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on it right now but are taking their time in making sure the numbers are right.

Heavy Attacks (melee only) - Allow melee Heavy Attacks to hit in a small cone, reduced damage on non-targeted enemies. Change Forceful to increase radius and damage on non-targeted enemies for 2 Handed Weapons.
    This is also a good idea, great one in fact.

Werewolf Heavy Attacks - Add stamina and health gain similar to recent change for all weapon types

I got nothing for that last one.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    KenjiJU wrote: »

Spear Shards (and Morphs) - Add small DoT
    Already exists within Blazing Spear, new idea is needed.

Plausible.

Ember Explosion
    Ehhh.

Might be on to something with this one.

Hmm.

This, this is actually a good idea. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on it right now but are taking their time in making sure the numbers are right.

This is also a good idea, great one in fact.

I got nothing for that last one.

I don't understand?
    (Edit: Whoops, didn't realize you wrote under each point. My bad. Also my bad not knowing about Blazing Spear.. shows what I know. Hardly ever used the base spell tbh because it seemed unattractive to me to begin with.)

Also thanks for the reply.

Came up with this thanks to another thread:

Balanced Warrior - Passive - Adds 2%/4% Magicka Return on melee heavy attacks. (Other bonuses remain the same.)

I think thematically it makes sense, but you can probably tell I'm biased in favor of melee.

Edited by KenjiJU on September 29, 2014 1:44PM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet Jesus Christmas that's a decent idea for balanced warrior. I'd keep that and the weapon damage portion though.
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    Blur for Nightblade:
    All opponent attacks are missed for the next X seconds. You cannot attack or cast for the duration.

Morph 1:
    Mirage
    Every time an opponent misses you they have a chance to be knocked down

Morph 2:
    Riposte:
    Every time an opponent's melee attack misses you they get hit for Y amount of damage.

Ranks increase duration and damage.
    Edited by Marthenil on September 29, 2014 2:25PM
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Sapphy24 wrote: »
    I don't want the team to work on anything except fixes.
    Just fixes for now, once the game performs properly then worry about other things.

These are just ideas for the possible future, if they don't know what we want to see changed then they won't fix or change anything. I agree that I would like to see the current problems get fixed and some of these changes could fix some of the balancing issues with the games current state. Besides they got a large amount of people working there and only X amount can work on current fixes while the rest can work on other ideas.

Edited by Sord on September 29, 2014 3:00PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marthenil wrote: »
    Blur for Nightblade:
    All opponent attacks are missed for the next X seconds. You cannot attack or cast for the duration.

Morph 1:
    Mirage

Morph 2:
    Riposte:
    Every time an opponent's melee attack misses you they get hit for Y amount of damage.

interesting.

would make it worth using.

oh, and just for knowledge's sake, does blur stack with evasion?
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Marthenil wrote: »
    Blur for Nightblade:

Morph 1:
    Mirage

Morph 2:
    Riposte:

interesting.

would make it worth using.

oh, and just for knowledge's sake, does blur stack with evasion?

I have Mirage and Shuffle and yes they both can be activated at the same time and work but their numbers don't stack with each other but act separately it seems but it is a double chance to miss. I use it in a pinch and works great!