The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Different low level armor appearance?

cauxiq
cauxiq
✭✭✭
While running around Stros M'Kai today I noticed some low level players running around with armor that looked like fell armor. I was curious but didn't think too much of it, thinking it was an interesting bug or something, until I picked up some rawhide boots with the same appearance as fell boots.

Was something implemented recently to change the level appearance of certain armor for whatever reason?
★ Namira's Test Group | House Dathromir | ESO Blog
✧*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*✧
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it a different Racial? Sometimes those can have a dramatic difference in appearance. I don't think you see the racial in the Tool Tip unless you have an addon like Craft Store or Inventory Insight.

Also, color changes from Dyes can make it appear to be a difference material. On my Iron Thread gear, the Dye can change pattern effect enough to make the material look different.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zero-gold armor pieces that you can find lying around or in various drawers and trunks seem to have the high-level armor appearances for their racial style. Confused me at first, too.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never equipped a 0 Gold item, did not know it looked different.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• cauxiq
    cauxiq
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, at first I thought it was a racial thing or dye but then realized it wasn't. Just a higher tier looking low tier item.

Thanks for the insight, Aett! Interesting bug and even more interesting if it was intended!
    ★ Namira's Test Group | House Dathromir | ESO Blog
    ✧*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*✧