The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(SUGGESTION) change armour/weapon traits.

JLB
JLB
✭✭✭✭
Let us change traits, please.
You can limit to 1 trait change, having 8 traits researched on that piece, something like that. But at least I think we should have the option.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The traits are supposed to reflect how the item was constructed, so you couldn't change the trait without melting it down and remaking the item.

Letting us change traits doesn't make sense to me, it's one of the few things I agree with.

Now if they let us strip out enchantments, so we could give a dropped item with a nice trait a decent enchant, that I could see making sense.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent tried overwriting an enchantment yet.....might be worth a try just in case lol.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 18, 2014 2:13PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless it has changed, you can overwrite Enchantments
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    The traits are supposed to reflect how the item was constructed, so you couldn't change the trait without melting it down and remaking the item.

Letting us change traits doesn't make sense to me, it's one of the few things I agree with.

Now if they let us strip out enchantments, so we could give a dropped item with a nice trait a decent enchant, that I could see making sense.

As others have said, you can actually do that now.

Regarding changing traits, it's a follow up of the enchantment change that they introduced recently, and it's specifically directed to the dropped items traits - aka exploration, aka sturdy, etc. - on v14 items.
    The set bonus itself loses quality, sometimes it becomes junk, just because of some random and useless traits.
    Solution, imo, is let everyone chose the trait they like most. Maybe not for crafted, but for dropped items.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless it has changed, you can overwrite Enchantments

Ok, I'll try that next time I have a decent trait, lousy enchantment on it, and a decent glyph.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule