Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

food and drink buffs

oldspook619
oldspook619
✭✭
Do the buffs for food and drink stack, or does the last one used cancel out others?
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last one used cancels out the previous one. You can only have either one food or one drink buff at any given time.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the higher levels of food, they can buff 2 or 3 of the attributes or regen. So you get "Stacking" then. You start seeing two buffs on Blue recipes, and 3 buffs on Purple.

So, get a hireling for food and have them collecting Tomatoes and Oats for you, even if you don't' know the recipes yet. Tomatoes and Oats are used in Purple recipes.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    In the higher levels of food, they can buff 2 or 3 of the attributes or regen. So you get "Stacking" then. You start seeing two buffs on Blue recipes, and 3 buffs on Purple.

So, get a hireling for food and have them collecting Tomatoes and Oats for you, even if you don't' know the recipes yet. Tomatoes and Oats are used in Purple recipes.

Note that this isn't actually "stacking" in the way that the OP intended, I don't think, though it is a kind of stacking. Food and Drink buff entirely different things, and you can currently have only one provisioning buffset at a time (just like potions). Drink is (mostly) for tick-based stats like health recovery, magicka recovery, and the like, whereas Food is for stat max value buffing, mostly.

It's true, that the blue and purple recipes have multi-stat effects, but stacking really would be having the effects of a food and a drink active at the same time, or perhaps two foods etc.

This is one of the changes set for a future update, to allow food/drink stacking. This will come along with the big Provisioning overhaul coming "soon," the one with the recipe/ingredient revamp talked about.

Check out the provisioning revamp discussion in the developer forum here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/119265/provisioning-revamp

Edited by Srugzal on September 11, 2014 2:16AM