The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Aetherian Archive Spell Effect causes BSOD.

Marthenil
Marthenil
✭✭✭
So, I'm using an 780ti. Performance is extremely smooth and only rarely get crashes anymore (used to get a BSOD every 40-50 mins with the older Nvidia drivers).

Anyway, just thought I'd report this:
In AA, right after the frost atronach room (In the beggining) were the Mage sents a lighting bolt on all party members, I get a huge FPS spike and one in ten times, a BSOD.
I have no other issues anywhere else in the game, no FPS drops even in massive PvP battles, so I'm thinking something's up with this spell's effects.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Marthenil,

Thanks for reporting this, we really appreciate it. We checked into the ability and it doesn't seem to be causing issues on our end. BSODs are usually a sign of a larger problem, so hopefully we can find the issue.

Since the issue only occurs with one ability in the game, it's possible that there is a corrupt file that needs to be replaced. Running the repair function will clear this up if that's the problem. To do this, open the launcher, click on "Game Options" just above the news section, then select Repair.

The leading cause of a BSOD occurring is an issue with hardware, so we can offer a few suggestions on that front as well.

First, you'll want to ensure that your video card drivers are up to date. As you're running an Nvidia card, the most up to date drivers can be found here.

Next, you'll want to ensure that the issue is not with your memory. You can run a memory check in Windows by pressing Start, selecting Control Panel, and using the search pane to search for Memory. Under Administrative Tools, choose Diagnose Your Computer's Memory Problems and select restart. A test will run the next time your computer is started up. A large majority of the time, detected issues can be resolved by simply re-seating the memory, but hardware changes should be performed at your own risk!

Last, you'll want to check the temperatures of both your CPU and your GPU to ensure that they aren't overheating based on the effects that are playing on your screen. There are various tools online that you can use to check your system's temperatures. If you have two monitors, you can keep the tools off on the other side while you play, but if not you can also place the game in Windowed mode and monitor your temps that way.

We hope some of this info helps! If you continue to experience BSODs, please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your answer.

I have indeed run the repair, to, unfortunately, no effect.

Now, regarding the BSODs. A lot of 780 TI users are reporting similar issues and not only in ESO but other games as well with TDRs and BSODs being too common.
    Because the whole system is new, I have extensively tested Memory, Temps and any other hardware issue that could cause it.
    That said, the latest nvidia driver has somewhat fixed it.

Except for that particular spell in AA. It's the only place in the game were I get a huge FPS spike.
    I thought the density of the effect (hitting 12 players simultaneously) was the culprit, but I entered the room alone and still got it.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Marthenil,

There are some new options for particle density and culling that were just added to the game. These are located in the Video settings in the menu. Give a shot to lowering the sliders for Maximum Particle Systems and Particle Supression Distance and see if that improves the area you're experiencing issues with.

Also, this is the same ability that is used by the Storm Atronach boss during the fight. Do you happen to run into an FPS spike there as well?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA‌ Actually, no, only on that particular moment, when we enter that room.