The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are Player Stats Altered in Alliance War (for v12)?

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
Is single attack damage capped in AvA? I am a NB and in PvE my concealed weapon does 2,300 dmg, in AvA it does only 1,500... why would this be?

This is game breaking for me as my build was to be centered around my sneak attack so I could take out back line healers.

EDIT: Actually just checked... it does more around 1,100 dmg
Edited by akray21 on August 31, 2014 9:40PM
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're better outfitted than the mobs *snooty face*
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobs have basically 0 armor and 0 defensive abilitys. Players have both, its not game breaking to fail to 1 shot someone lol
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobs have basically 0 armor and 0 defensive abilitys. Players have both, its not game breaking to fail to 1 shot someone lol

My 2,300 dmg in PvE is without marking my target... Even when I use mark target (you have 75% less armor and spell resist) in PvP it only does 1,500 dmg.

EDIT: Actually just checked... it does more around 1,100 dmg
    Edited by akray21 on August 31, 2014 9:40PM
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    working as intended
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, ive noticed my spell power goes down by one when in pvp as opposed to pve (I have soft capped spell power). Its possible something similar is happening to you and that results in lower damage.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Killing people is harder, as it should be.

Also, if you aren't attacking from stealth and have your crit boosted to around at least 80%, you won't crit on a lot of people.

I don't know how you would take out back line healers while stealthed though, by the time you figure out they are a healer they are on top of you. Everyone uses a resto staff and wears light armor, and healers don't necessarily hang around in the back. I do heal and support during sieges and I stand in the middle of my allies, because smart heals are terrible, and only get worse if you are further away.

I think you have a misconception of how pvp plays out in practice.

You are not going to get maximum returns in siege pvp. (and you wouldn't get the same returns as in pve anyway.) You are going to get better returns ganking individuals, especially if you are using a bow and use snipe, followed by a few poison arrows. That is the best way to wreck people as a NB. I specced out of bow and DW, to gank people I currently use all NB abilities, and even with a fairly low crit (got tired of trying to get enough to beat impenetrable trait) I can take out an individual nicely. If I must, I throw mass hysteria at them to keep them from constantly blocking or self healing. Dragonknights are a lot tougher, and I can't usually manage them one v one unless they are utterly incompetent.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.