The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Request A Feature Discussion

Pseudonym
Pseudonym
✭✭✭
I feel I've played the game enough now to be able to comment on features that I would like to see in the future. Things I personally feel would benefit the game/franchise.

I've made this thread for others to share their ideas also, and perhaps, if popular enough, someone of authority might spot something in here and pick it up.

I'm not here to discuss bugs that I would like fixing, or the bugs that could potentially be created by such features. This is simply a feature wish list thread.

Weapons - Crossbows

The bow in Skyrim was great, and I have lots of fun with it, even now. When they introduced the crossbow in Dawnguard I was stoked. There was just something extremely fun about having a high powered ranged weapon, which although slow, was able to piece through armour and pack a punch.

I'm thinking that the crossbow would perhaps have perks for monster hunting, much like some of the Fighters Guild perks, armour piecing passives and skills, along with more of a slower, but deadlier set of ranged abilities. If bows were meant for groups, crossbows would be meant for single target. Maybe they could even throw Silver Bolts into the Crossbow tree, and replace it with something else in the Fighters Guild tree? Who knows?

Weapons - Spears

Something they've never done, other than those things we got in Dragonborn. Now I'm mixed on this one, if they should have their own tree, or simple be craftable as one and two-handed weapons.

I'd love to see them in-game, perhaps with perks against mounted units; which I'll come back to later.

Weapons - One-Handed Weapons

There are already one-handed weapons in-game, you're saying. What I mean is this; one-handed weapons, on their own, without an additional weapon or shield. The beauty of having a single sword without a shield slowing you down, would be a much faster paced, parrying and finishing style. Just some food for thought.

Combat - Mounted Combat

Being able to fire a bow, crossbow, swing a sword or even cast a spell from horse-back would greatly add to the PvP experience, and perhaps even the PvE experience.

It would have its own skill line, with passives to protect against those spear skills I was talking about (take X% less damage from Spears), charges, trample skills and more effective, skill based dismounts.

Craftable horse armour would also be something I'd like to see in the future; full with Guild tabards draped over them.

Combat - Ropes and Ladders

Those pesky archers, hiding behind their battlements and inside their keeps and towers. Having one or two stealth based characters grapple up onto the walls and take them out would be amusing to say the least; or having ladders, which are setup much like siege weapons, for players to pile up onto the wall.

I can imagine some heads shaking about now, with thoughts along the lines of "..but then there will be no need for regular siege weapons", well these ropes, and ladder, if spotted, would be easy to dispose of. The beauty of a broken down wall is that your troops can continue to pile inside. Ropes and ladders would be for strike forces; one-way tickets, if you will.

Ladders could be pushed off by anyone at the top, and roped could be cut. There would be a period where the ascending player had to climb the ladder or rope, giving ample time for the defending force to react.

Crafting - Alchemy; Poisons and Group Based Potions

My Nightblade is an alchemist, and I'm sure many of you out there share my thoughts on this; that having poisons which I could apply to my weapons would be awesome. I'd even love some group based potions, flasks and poisons, that I throw onto the ground. Some causing poison damage, others slowing people down, snaring, healing or even making entire groups of people invisible for a short period of time.

Crafting - Clothing; Costumes and/or Regular Clothing

For all the role-players out there, myself included; being able to craft clothing for simply wearing about the town would be nice. Normal, regular clothes. Perhaps even crafting based clothing with bonuses to certain crafts; a blacksmiths apron/hammer with added benefits to smithing, or a chefs hat for cooking.

Crafting - Rings and Amulets

Please.

That's my list anyway. Let me know if you agree or disagree with any of these ideas. I'd also like to hear some of your own.

Thanks for reading.
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    Solid list. I like it :)
    I can has typing!
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I don't like Combat Rope/Ladders. This isn't some Prince of Persia, Ninja Gaiden game where that would be fun and immersive. Otherwise, I would support Siege Ladders/Towers and that could be fun. Or, Tunnelling under Keep Walls. Or, Murder Holes and Arrow Slits in the walls of keeps.

2. Spears and Crossbows? Heck, why not Lightsabers and Machine Guns? Chainsaws? Barbed Wire Baseball Bats?

DEVON, GET THE TABLES!!

(We don't need a weapon with a monster hunting skill line, we need weapons to have Weapon skill lines.)

3. Crafting Jewelery. What would you have to craft? Ring/Necklace. That is all? No third thing to craft? To be fair, Cloth only has Light/Medium Armor but it does have 7 pieces while Jewels have 3 pieces of which 2 are the same piece.

My only fear is that it wouldn't be fun. It would appear fun at first, and once you started doing it, it would just be a disappointment. If anything the real benefit would be making your own Set Piece Jewelry which would let you have better control over your Item Suit.

Within; Without.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    3. Crafting Jewelery. What would you have to craft? Ring/Necklace. That is all? No third thing to craft? To be fair, Cloth only has Light/Medium Armor but it does have 7 pieces while Jewels have 3 pieces of which 2 are the same piece.

My only fear is that it wouldn't be fun. It would appear fun at first, and once you started doing it, it would just be a disappointment. If anything the real benefit would be making your own Set Piece Jewelry which would let you have better control over your Item Suit.

They could just add jewelry to Blacksmithing. A rather simple and easy to implement request.
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I don't like Combat Rope/Ladders. This isn't some Prince of Persia, Ninja Gaiden game where that would be fun and immersive. Otherwise, I would support Siege Ladders/Towers and that could be fun. Or, Tunnelling under Keep Walls. Or, Murder Holes and Arrow Slits in the walls of keeps.

2. Spears and Crossbows? Heck, why not Lightsabers and Machine Guns? Chainsaws? Barbed Wire Baseball Bats?

DEVON, GET THE TABLES!!

(We don't need a weapon with a monster hunting skill line, we need weapons to have Weapon skill lines.)

I dont understand how you went from crossbows and spears to guns and chainsaws. Morrowind had spears and crossbows aren't that much of a technological advancement, at least not compared to a gun.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭

DEVON, GET THE TABLES!!

I dont understand how you went from crossbows and spears to guns and chainsaws. Morrowind had spears and crossbows aren't that much of a technological advancement, at least not compared to a gun.

Not to mention crossbows are already in the game, via the skill Silver Bolts.