Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

UI Issue/Nonresponsive features/ESO is messing with me? I don't know.

Aulakauss
Aulakauss
✭✭
So, today ESO seems to have decided to troll me. I went into my Guild bank earlier to 'buy' an item off it, but it won't let me deposit gold. I checked my privileges on said Guild and I have full, unrestricted rights. Odd, right?

As a control test, I tried putting gold in my OWN personal bank. Nope. Hitting 'R' and clicking 'Deposit Gold' do nothing. Frustrated, I continue with my day.

Little ways down the line, am trying to research a trait, and it won't let me. Same deal, no 'R', no click response. I definitely didn't have it researched for that item and didn't have a running research. I thought it might be 'R' assigned functions, so I tried making a basic weapon. It let me. I then think maybe one of my addons is messing with me. So I go to check settings..

ESC doesn't do anything.

I think, maybe it's the lag in the area, as there's about 300 people at least just in the crafting hall and bank in Daggerfall at the moment. Go to the shrine, bring up the map..

..Clicking on a Wayshrine does nothing. Can't transport. I then hit Windows+D, closed he game and came here to see if anyone has any idea what in all the hells is going on here. Makes it kinda hard to play when critical things like using your bank, crafting, wayshrines and the bloody ESC menu refuse to work.

I don't mean to sound angry, I'm just.. lost? Doesn't make sense. If anybody has any clue, I'd be very appreciative of the input.

EDIT: Oh! Kinda important to note the gold/bank thing happened earlier on another character on another alliance today but the other functions.. well.. functioned. I did a Repair via launcher and rebooted the computer between that instance and the chain of oddities I originally noted above.
Edited by Aulakauss on August 28, 2014 3:07AM
"It's one thing to see your past from present memory. It is entirely another to step through the Dragon and be yourself remembering the present in the past as the future."
- Karstine Zeterra (2E)

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you were having some connection issues - this happens to me when my husband starts rinsing our internet connection downloading something at full speed. (Like when he logs onto Steam and 10 games in his library start doing automatic updates!) I can still run around, but can't reliably interact with stuff.

(I really must go on his PC and do something to limit how many mbps he can download or something! Just want to point out that I have fibre optic internet at 70 mbps and it's still an issue if there is something else downloading at full whack, it makes the game unpredictably unresponsive - so sometimes when I am in the bank, hitting the key to deposit stuff will not work, other times I will get lucky and it will work, the same with any other interactions)

Mind you I am not saying the problem was necessarily something at your end - it could be at your end with other internet activities or your router, it could be your ISP and local communications infrastructure (or if you use wifi, interference), or it could be a problem at Zenimax's end - but what you describe sounds awfully like you are experiencing regular drop in connection to the server.

Edit to add: The woodworking bench in Sentinel is definitely bugged and not working though, there were several frustrated people including me trying to use it yesterday to no avail and I had to go back to Rivenspire to do my crafting - so if that is the particular crafting station where you were trying to do your research then that is not just you, it's just completely unresponsive, I submitted a bug report in game about it already.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2014 8:55AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove all add-ons as a test.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Aulakauss!

Yes, this could be connection issues.
    Do you know what is the speed of your ISP?
    You also could try these steps:
    • Try the command /reloadui
    • Try to disable all your Add-Ons, as suggested Dominoid
    • Try to restart your computer and your ISP and open these ports
    • Adding the game and the Launcher as exceptions in your antivirus could help

Feel free to update us regarding your problem. We'll be glad to provide you with more support.
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Edit to add: The woodworking bench in Sentinel is definitely bugged and not working though, there were several frustrated people including me trying to use it yesterday to no avail and I had to go back to Rivenspire to do my crafting - so if that is the particular crafting station where you were trying to do your research then that is not just you, it's just completely unresponsive, I submitted a bug report in game about it already.
    Thank you for the report, our team will review it.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on August 28, 2014 1:00PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post