Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frequently getting kicked from game - An error has occurred.

Wavek
Wavek
✭✭✭
I keep randomly getting kicked from the game back to login screen and it gives me "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again." This is happening several times every day I play.

This started happening a few weeks ago and persists. I was in Texas when this started and am now in Colorado and its still happening so I know it isnt an ISP issue.

I dont actually have to wait a few minutes to log in again, it works right away. I have only rarely got this upon initial login, it usually only happens during gameplay.

What can be done to fix this?
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wevek,

Could you please try to deactivate all of your Add-Ons?

Feel free to keep us updated so we'll provide you with more support in order to solve your issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried without Add-Ons to no avail. So far the only thing that helps is putting my PC into my routers DMZ which isnt really desirable. It'd be nice if the "error" at least gave an indication on what it was that failed. If its router related it must be a port or some portion of the ESO client communications that fails and times out every so often.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could you please try to open these ports and tell us if it solved your issue?
    Also, adding the game and the Launcher as exceptions in your antivirus could help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post