Maintenance for the week of April 12:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 12

Sorcerers get an abusable teleport spell but other classes are left out?

darkspyro92_ESO
darkspyro92_ESO
✭✭✭
Yes, I understand that it would take a mage to turn themselves into lightning, but they are able to teleport forward a good distance, and able to chain it into an extremely long dash, AND it stuns. I've seen this used repeatedly in PvP in the beta to take the scrolls and escape pursuers with ease. That's kind of unfair to those who can't launch themselves forward about 50 feet. So why can't the other classes get them? It doesn't have to launch forward as far as Bolt Escape can do, but at least let it chain like Sorcerors can do. I know they have movement abilities which do something, but it doesn't work effectively for escaping like Bolt Escape does. And while I do understand mages are at a loss at close range, it's abusable in PvP, so why not give the other classes some form of abusable movement ability as well, or nerf how destructive it is in PvP.

Things like for the other classes could be:
Nightblade: Blink: Dissapear into shadows and teleport forward X meters. (This won't do anything because there really isn't anything it can do, unless it casts slow on an enemy.)

Templar: Sun Flash: Teleport forward X meters in a burst of sunlight, setting enemies off balance for X seconds.

Dragon Knight: Dragon Charge: Charge forward X meters, coating yourself in impenetrable armor and causing minor burn damage to enemies around you.

Yes Nightblades have their Path of Darkness (which only increases run speed minorly and for a few seconds while also dealing minor damage), Templars have their Focused Charge (which, before morphed, charges TOWARDS an enemy and knocks them off balance, opening up for a strong attack, but not escaping), and Dragon Knights have their Dragon Leap (which is an ultimate, and what it does makes it an understandable ultimate, but not very good for mobility).

So if you're running with scroll, unless you can tank a lot of hits or have a good team to get them off your back, you're pretty much screwed.
Argonians always and forever.
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Templar: Sun Flash: Teleport forward X meters in a burst of sunlight, setting enemies off balance for X seconds.
    I just HNNNGH'ed so hard. However, I'm just not too keen to copy other classes. I love the idea, but even if it were implemented, I'd just feel... dirty.
    Templars have their Focused Charge (which, before morphed, charges TOWARDS an enemy and knocks them off balance.
    Forgot to mention it doesn't even work; at the moment it stuns the Templar longer than it does the target.

    One idea I had was an expensive clone that had, say, ~33% of the Templar's HP, but just chased a/the target around (or kept distance with Bow equipped), either light or heavy attacking, and did so until killed, or ran its duration (say, 30-45 seconds). Just one idea for everyone to inevitably complain about as much as Bolt Escape. ;D When Sorcs need to get away, they Bolt Escape; when Templars need an exit strategy, we drop a clonesquito.
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on August 27, 2014 4:56AM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Templar: Sun Flash: Teleport forward X meters in a burst of sunlight, setting enemies off balance for X seconds.
    I just HNNNGH'ed so hard. However, I'm just not too keen to copy other classes. I love the idea, but even if it were implemented, I'd just feel... dirty.
    Templars have their Focused Charge (which, before morphed, charges TOWARDS an enemy and knocks them off balance.
    Forgot to mention it doesn't even work; at the moment it stuns the Templar longer than it does the target.

    One idea I had was an expensive clone that had, say, ~33% of the Templar's HP, but just chased a/the target around (or kept distance with Bow equipped), either light or heavy attacking, and did so until killed, or ran its duration (say, 30-45 seconds). Just one idea for everyone to inevitably complain about as much as Bolt Escape. ;D When Sorcs need to get away, they Bolt Escape; when Templars need an exit strategy, we drop a clonesquito.

    Nightblade's have no means of escape. They have a cloaking ability which lasts 2.5 seconds, and you have to repeatedly activate it to keep it going, but unless you have a good amount of mana to get out of the FoV of your enemy, your gonna die (if you were dying in the first place).

    Nightblade's also have a sort of summon they can use. They summon a shade to fight with them (which can be upgraded to get two!). Sorceror have summons as well. Maybe the others should also have summons. I've always loved conjuration magic in TES, sucks it's restricted to Sorc and just one summon for NB.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys ever tried rapid + elusive mist? Pretty darn good escape, even better at night.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

    Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

    Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Azraeel wrote: »
    I don't remember in any game I've played before where all classes had the same abilities. If such game exists, then it would be extremely LAME. Diversity is what makes any game interesting.

    I'm not saying give all the classes the same abilities. I'm not even saying that here. I'm saying something similar to it. The NB and Sorc both have summoning spells, and nobody complains about that. Unless you don't consider "Summon Shade" a summoning spell.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    They screwed up when they made classes at all. If they had just had skill lines and allowed you to pick and choose, then 90% of this game's issues would be resolved.

    They'd also know that certain skill lines, like Dawn's Wrath, were complete garbage.
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    They screwed up when they made classes at all. If they had just had skill lines and allowed you to pick and choose, then 90% of this game's issues would be resolved.

    They'd also know that certain skill lines, like Dawn's Wrath, were complete garbage.

    I'd actually love this. Being able to pick and choose what you want. It'd be a classic TES experience. Or better yet, make it like the other games where you have to learn certain abilities through spell books, or even training. Of course if we did that, higher levels who have lots of money can purchase lots of spell books and get higher level training, making them even more powerful than lower levels than they already are.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, Bolt escape can't be used when running with a scroll. The only thing that annoys with Bolt escape is the stun. Mages sometimes bolt into a siege only to bolt right out again, leaving everyone stunned. But it's just annoying like Pulsar spams, DK emperor vampires (AD), oil pot ambushes, templar spear thing spammers etc. etc. Heck, I'll bet some people even find it annoying when I snipe them from afar and kill them before they're able to react ;) Just because something can be annoying doesn't mean it needs to change. It's just part of the game.
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, Bolt escape can't be used when running with a scroll. The only thing that annoys with Bolt escape is the stun. Mages sometimes bolt into a siege only to bolt right out again, leaving everyone stunned. But it's just annoying like Pulsar spams, DK emperor vampires (AD), oil pot ambushes, templar spear thing spammers etc. etc. Heck, I'll bet some people even find it annoying when I snipe them from afar and kill them before they're able to react ;) Just because something can be annoying doesn't mean it needs to change. It's just part of the game.

    I saw it used in the Beta, so I was pretty sure it was used in the full game. If it can't be used here then that leaves mages open for complete slaughter unless they tank. But yes the stun is quite annoying since it allows the rest of their team to just come in and massacre your team while you're stunned, and they'll just keep stunning because it's spammable. Thus why can't we get something like that? Mages can wear heavy armor instead of light armor and still use it, making them able to take a hit from melee attacks. It's used to escape melee range. If they can tank and escape at low health, why can't we? NB has the incredible short invisibility with the incredibly short speed boost, but Dragon Knights have Infernal Chains, Sorcerors have ranged magic, and Templars also have ranged sun magic. NB's can also teleport to you with their Jump Strike. Sorcerors get attacked? Spam Bolt Escape until you're out of magicka, and you're just gone. Then refill your magicka and zoom another 50 feet. You're stunned so you can't really give chase.
    Edited by darkspyro92_ESO on August 27, 2014 2:30PM
    Argonians always and forever.
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, Bolt escape can't be used when running with a scroll. The only thing that annoys with Bolt escape is the stun. Mages sometimes bolt into a siege only to bolt right out again, leaving everyone stunned. But it's just annoying like Pulsar spams, DK emperor vampires (AD), oil pot ambushes, templar spear thing spammers etc. etc. Heck, I'll bet some people even find it annoying when I snipe them from afar and kill them before they're able to react ;) Just because something can be annoying doesn't mean it needs to change. It's just part of the game.

    I saw it used in the Beta, so I was pretty sure it was used in the full game. If it can't be used here then that leaves mages open for complete slaughter unless they tank. But yes the stun is quite annoying since it allows the rest of their team to just come in and massacre your team while you're stunned, and they'll just keep stunning because it's spammable. Thus why can't we get something like that? Mages can wear heavy armor instead of light armor and still use it, making them able to take a hit from melee attacks. It's used to escape melee range. If they can tank and escape at low health, why can't we? NB has the incredible short invisibility with the incredibly short speed boost, but Dragon Knights have Infernal Chains, Sorcerors have ranged magic, and Templars also have ranged sun magic. NB's can also teleport to you with their Jump Strike. Sorcerors get attacked? Spam Bolt Escape until you're out of magicka, and you're just gone. Then refill your magicka and zoom another 50 feet. You're stunned so you can't really give chase.

    When I'm soloing as a NB I try to keep hidden as much as possible. I'm in sneak 95% of the time. If someone stuns me I try to break out of it as soon as possible and escape into sneak mode again. All stuns are annoying. You just need to break out of them though. When I'm in a large group I use Immovable from the Heavy Armor skill line. It doesn't last long since I wear all medium armor but it negates pretty much all stuns so I have to say that Bolt Escape isn't that impressing. If a sorcerer wants to leave the fight, let him leave. It's not fool proof for them though. I've seen them chased and killed plenty of times.
  • Zanderscotxub17_ESO
    ANOTHER THREAD


    /Facepalm
    Edited by Zanderscotxub17_ESO on August 27, 2014 4:34PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB cloak does not even work half the time. lol
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention it doesn't even work; at the moment it stuns the Templar longer than it does the target.

    I picked the skill up for a second time today and was extremely disappointed. You're exactly right, I literally cannot do anything for the entire duration the enemy i stunned, making this skill 100% broken and useless.
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read any other comments but I disagree with the initial poster, if you really want that power to teleport be a sorc. I don't want every class to have carbon copy powers if that happens I will leave the game. I personally like that kind of diversity because it bring challenge to the game, sure it sucks they teleport away but that just means you won if they have to leave and that they suck becuase they have to keep that on their bar because they know they will die. Each class has it's advantages and disadvantages I prefer to keep it that way imho. If you want to prevent them from leaving, stun them at half health for a few seconds and bam you got them. Find alternative ways to defeat them instead of giving each class the same stupid power.
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • Ryzium
    Ryzium
    ✭✭✭
    Can everyone stop commenting that BE is so OP and OMFG it is just so ridiculous that I can be stunned and not chase someone using an ability designed to give you mobility. If you want to beat a sorc using BE put on a charge move, you can easily just tear down a sorc running from a fight.
    Ryzium
    __________________
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion
    • V12 Sorc - Clodel
    • V2 Tempalr - Game Matrix
    • V1 Nightblade - Soul Rend
    • 26 DK - Ryzium
    My Stream
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you are in combat - there is no way you can catch a sorc. You can't mount anymore and he can just spam BE. And once he's out of magicka and you get closer - he's magicka regened for more BEs. It's ridiculous.
    -If you raise caps - then take it into account and change BE correspondingly.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, you can have all that once you tell me the recipe of a potion that can prevent sorcs from using Bolt Escape, DKs - from projectile reflection and templars from heals.

    Also, as a sorcerer you have good heal from surge, you have some absorbing shields, you can get weapon damage to softcap if you wish. Heck, for heals you can use Resto staff because as a sorcerer you can relax and just invest in magicka. So don't even mention that broken invisibility for 3 seconds that everyone can see through.

    No said we want everyone to have this ability. But it's stupid that you can have it as both attacking and escaping ability( it's pretty standard for sorcs to have it) and there is NO WAY to catch a sorc unless I pull out something completely useless in a fight on my skill bar. Don't you see, that it's not very fair?
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Sure, you can have all that once you tell me the recipe of a potion that can prevent sorcs from using Bolt Escape, DKs - from projectile reflection and templars from heals.

    Also, as a sorcerer you have good heal from surge, you have some absorbing shields, you can get weapon damage to softcap if you wish. Heck, for heals you can use Resto staff because as a sorcerer you can relax and just invest in magicka. So don't even mention that broken invisibility for 3 seconds that everyone can see through.

    No said we want everyone to have this ability. But it's stupid that you can have it as both attacking and escaping ability( it's pretty standard for sorcs to have it) and there is NO WAY to catch a sorc unless I pull out something completely useless in a fight on my skill bar. Don't you see, that it's not very fair?

    Most of the time stun is the only recipe to prevent sorcerer from bolt escaping. If sorcerer is using immovable, then you are out of luck. I have campaigned a long time for immovable to require at least 5 pieces of heavy armor, but I'm not holding my breath. Probably never happens. Luckily since you play a nightblade, you can also use refreshing path to catch bolt escaping sorcerer if you really really want.

    If you mean that cloak is useless when you can't spam your opponent full of dots, and then happily go invis, then I have to disagree. I call that balance.

    Your healing comment is also just wrong. In PVP sorcerers do not have a self heal, because critical surge requires critical hits. Most players at level cap are using impenetrable set, so that is a definition of a useless or at least very situational skill for you.

    Also last I checked, all nightblade skills use magicka, so I don't understand why you can't use restoration staff. Nightblades also have leeches that actually work in PVP, so please remember that sorcerer is the only class who can't heal themselves in PVP without resto staff. All the other classes except nightblades have a shield as a class ability, so that hardly is bolt escape's or sorcerer's fault.

    Stamina sorcerers are the only ones who actually need weapon power, and I give both of them all the support they can get, because critical surge is pretty much only sorcerer class skill that supports that build. Magicka build sorcerer on the other hand does not need weapon damage for anything else except spamming impulse. Some like impulse trains and some not, but I'd rather have that skill increase our spell damage, but that would probably make it overpowered.

    Your last comment about bolt escape being both attacking and defending ability is true. Streak morph actually does damage and disorients. But at VR12 it does like 250 damage and second cast costs 400+ magicka and halves magicka regeneration for 4 seconds , so I seriously doubt anybody can kill you with it. Currently I think it's used for movement and for a quick stun in small scale battles, and Ultimate points generation in zerg fights, but 1.4 should patch that.

    If you really want to escape, then you use Ball of Lightning morph, which does not cause any damage or stuns. It stops projectiles that are shot after you. If I could change those morphs, I'd half Streak's range and doubled damage, and doubled Ball of lightning's range, to make a real distinction of offensive and defensive versions. But that probably would not be ok for you, because then you really could not catch a bolt escaping sorcerer, and that's end of the world.

    Finally I see nothing unfair for you to have to place gap closer or refreshing path in your skill bar. I have to place some kind of AoE in my skill bar too, if I want to get you out of invis. Btw, did you know that sorcerers do not have a PBAoE as a class skill, so we have to use destruction staff skills or Lightning Flood just to get you guys out of hiding. Those are really useless for me in a single target spec, so that is not fair either, or is it?
    Edited by Mendoze on September 9, 2014 2:24PM
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    "Abusable" Teleport
    "Abusable" Stealth
    "Abusable" Heals
    "Abusable" Sustain
    /kill
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    Well let's get rid of all melee weapons and abilities then they will no longer have any place after you suggestion.

    Every class has abilities everyone else hates playing against... Time to LTP or get over it. The solution is not gutting every classes unique abilities. There are similar qq threads on each ability crying either Nerf or givey every class access. Its nonsense and either route would ruin PvP.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with others who said classes dont belong in a TES game , it is really annoying and without it balancing this game would be hundreds on times easier , because it wouldnt be class to class , but build to build and anyone would have anything.

    True , people would get annoyed , but the fact you can get that also would dimish it. Mostly it is the fact that you know class X is just doing Y better than your that annoys people , because they simple cant do that in their classes , end of story. If it was open , you would get annoyed another build could do Y , but you can change and do the same until the next balance.

    Still , it is unlikely zen will wake up to this change and thus we will remain in this horribly unbalanced game , which came a long way already , at release it was the WORST MMO actually launched in terms of balance , it was just absurd.

    Now we put our hopes on the spellcrafting , which will either make this better or break it even more.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »
    Artemis wrote: »
    Sure, you can have all that once you tell me the recipe of a potion that can prevent sorcs from using Bolt Escape, DKs - from projectile reflection and templars from heals.

    Also, as a sorcerer you have good heal from surge, you have some absorbing shields, you can get weapon damage to softcap if you wish. Heck, for heals you can use Resto staff because as a sorcerer you can relax and just invest in magicka. So don't even mention that broken invisibility for 3 seconds that everyone can see through.

    No said we want everyone to have this ability. But it's stupid that you can have it as both attacking and escaping ability( it's pretty standard for sorcs to have it) and there is NO WAY to catch a sorc unless I pull out something completely useless in a fight on my skill bar. Don't you see, that it's not very fair?

    Most of the time stun is the only recipe to prevent sorcerer from bolt escaping. If sorcerer is using immovable, then you are out of luck. I have campaigned a long time for immovable to require at least 5 pieces of heavy armor, but I'm not holding my breath. Probably never happens. Luckily since you play a nightblade, you can also use refreshing path to catch bolt escaping sorcerer if you really really want.

    If you mean that cloak is useless when you can't spam your opponent full of dots, and then happily go invis, then I have to disagree. I call that balance.

    Your healing comment is also just wrong. In PVP sorcerers do not have a self heal, because critical surge requires critical hits. Most players at level cap are using impenetrable set, so that is a definition of a useless or at least very situational skill for you.

    Also last I checked, all nightblade skills use magicka, so I don't understand why you can't use restoration staff. Nightblades also have leeches that actually work in PVP, so please remember that sorcerer is the only class who can't heal themselves in PVP without resto staff. All the other classes except nightblades have a shield as a class ability, so that hardly is bolt escape's or sorcerer's fault.

    Stamina sorcerers are the only ones who actually need weapon power, and I give both of them all the support they can get, because critical surge is pretty much only sorcerer class skill that supports that build. Magicka build sorcerer on the other hand does not need weapon damage for anything else except spamming impulse. Some like impulse trains and some not, but I'd rather have that skill increase our spell damage, but that would probably make it overpowered.

    Your last comment about bolt escape being both attacking and defending ability is true. Streak morph actually does damage and disorients. But at VR12 it does like 250 damage and second cast costs 400+ magicka and halves magicka regeneration for 4 seconds , so I seriously doubt anybody can kill you with it. Currently I think it's used for movement and for a quick stun in small scale battles, and Ultimate points generation in zerg fights, but 1.4 should patch that.

    If you really want to escape, then you use Ball of Lightning morph, which does not cause any damage or stuns. It stops projectiles that are shot after you. If I could change those morphs, I'd half Streak's range and doubled damage, and doubled Ball of lightning's range, to make a real distinction of offensive and defensive versions. But that probably would not be ok for you, because then you really could not catch a bolt escaping sorcerer, and that's end of the world.

    Finally I see nothing unfair for you to have to place gap closer or refreshing path in your skill bar. I have to place some kind of AoE in my skill bar too, if I want to get you out of invis. Btw, did you know that sorcerers do not have a PBAoE as a class skill, so we have to use destruction staff skills or Lightning Flood just to get you guys out of hiding. Those are really useless for me in a single target spec, so that is not fair either, or is it?

    Read the topic. Mentioned somewhere above, that classical Nigthblades, how many players including me see them, which is stamina-based nightblades, can't neither spam dark cloak, nor use resto staff efficiently. We can't even use class skills efficiently at all.
    That is why, they can't use resto staves.

    Now about shadow path. No, I won't use it. It has limited number of purposes. Do you call it balance that to counter BE, that any sorc would use in lots of builds, I need to have 20% of my skill bar taken by useless crap? Maybe, I should also have Retreating Maneuvers in a solo-build? So that I can have 40%(almost a half) of my skill bar useless? And meanwhile sorcs will enjoy spamming BE and having all that NB were promised to have?(Surge - "relying on blades", BE - "gift of getting in and out of trouble").

    Streak needs to be nerfed.

    p.s. AHaha. really? Mr. I-call-that-balance? So I it's okay that I can't catch escaping sorc, but it's also okay that any mage can call escaping NB? Magelight doesn't let them run away in the middle of the fight and it is must have even without that effect - too much crit not to have.
    Edited by Artis on September 20, 2014 2:57AM
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    you all can have all that, only if i get to become the dragonborn, and only me an none of my shouts had cooldowns
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Read the topic. Mentioned somewhere above, that classical Nigthblades, how many players including me see them, which is stamina-based nightblades, can't neither spam dark cloak, nor use resto staff efficiently. We can't even use class skills efficiently at all.
    That is why, they can't use resto staves.

    Now about shadow path. No, I won't use it. It has limited number of purposes. Do you call it balance that to counter BE, that any sorc would use in lots of builds, I need to have 20% of my skill bar taken by useless crap? Maybe, I should also have Retreating Maneuvers in a solo-build? So that I can have 40%(almost a half) of my skill bar useless? And meanwhile sorcs will enjoy spamming BE and having all that NB were promised to have?(Surge - "relying on blades", BE - "gift of getting in and out of trouble").

    Streak needs to be nerfed.

    p.s. AHaha. really? Mr. I-call-that-balance? So I it's okay that I can't catch escaping sorc, but it's also okay that any mage can call escaping NB? Magelight doesn't let them run away in the middle of the fight and it is must have even without that effect - too much crit not to have.

    I'm starting lose my interest in replying to you, because you obviously have no idea about this game or how my or your own class works, but lets go one more time.

    Topic says "Sorcerers get an abusable teleport spell but other classes are left out". That in itself is already wrong. For examble Nightblades have Teleport Strike. That moves your from point A to point B, am I right or wrong? That is abusable and spammable, as I can't kite you and you can close the gap instantly. Of course that is not a problem from your perspective, but it is from mine.

    elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nightblade_(Oblivion) "Spell and shadow are their friends. By darkness they move with haste, casting magic to benefit their circumstances. (in-game description)". Here's your classical nightblade description, your idea is WoW rogue clone, and now you are just ticked off cause you can't stunlock everybody to death, and then come vent your frustrations to the forums.

    You have gimped yourself if you choose not to use any of your class abilities, and then complain how you can't kill people who are using their class abilities. You build your entire build to burst damage (read ganking ) and then cry when it fails and you can't catch your prey. I can ease your pain, melee sorcerers can't spam streak so maybe one day even you manage to kill one sorcerer.

    It's not my problem how much useless crap you have to put in your skill bars. I have to put 20% useless AoE to get you out of hiding. And yes, you should slot retreating maneuver and whatever you think is needed if you want to catch bolt escaping sorcerer. You have 2 skill bars and if it's important for you to catch that sorcerer you just failed to gank, then use them. Not my problem really, most of the times I encounter a NB they tend to be the ones who want to end the battle early.

    Your NB was never promised surge ( you already have leeching strikes ) or bolt escape ( you have cloak ), so stop whining and moaning about sorcerer abilities and start using your own. It really is not developer or sorcerer fault that you are just too thick-headed to use your own class skills.

    PS: I don't really know how to say this any clearer, but spell crit is useless in PVP because everybody has impenetrable sets. I already said that earlier, and you obviously had some problems understanding that, but mage light is totally useless skill for other than revealing Nightblades. So it's the same if I have AoE or magelight, those are both useless for single target sorcerer, meaning they take 20% of my skill slots for nothing but to get you out of hiding. Those running with AoE build, are probably running in a blob, so you can't gank them anyway.
    Edited by Mendoze on September 25, 2014 10:45AM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »
    Topic says "Sorcerers get an abusable teleport spell but other classes are left out". That in itself is already wrong. For examble Nightblades have Teleport Strike. That moves your from point A to point B, am I right or wrong?

    Teleport Strike only allows you to teleport to an enemy, not to any location you aim at. It is a blink towards an enemy to slash them and get close to them to use other abilities, but has a limited range. A Bolt Escape if used all the way will get out of the range of a NB's Teleport Strike, and will leave them stunned and helpless against any team mates the enemy might have, being that NB's are more effective at taking on single targets than large amounts of targets like a DK can. NB has AoE attacks such as Lotus Fan (upgraded from Teleport Strike), but they are less effective than DK attacks.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »
    Topic says "Sorcerers get an abusable teleport spell but other classes are left out". That in itself is already wrong. For examble Nightblades have Teleport Strike. That moves your from point A to point B, am I right or wrong?

    Teleport Strike only allows you to teleport to an enemy, not to any location you aim at. It is a blink towards an enemy to slash them and get close to them to use other abilities, but has a limited range. A Bolt Escape if used all the way will get out of the range of a NB's Teleport Strike, and will leave them stunned and helpless against any team mates the enemy might have, being that NB's are more effective at taking on single targets than large amounts of targets like a DK can. NB has AoE attacks such as Lotus Fan (upgraded from Teleport Strike), but they are less effective than DK attacks.

    Does Teleport Strike teleports you to sorcerer or not? If it does, then I'd say sorcerers are not only ones who can teleport. Am I right or wrong? Also Teleport Strike has longer range than BE or any of it's morphs. If sorcerer uses it more than once, he has to pay higher price, and then he is out of range to do anything to NB. You are free to chase or go invis, you have tools for both.

    What on earth NB vs. DK AoE capabilities has to do with nerf Bolt Escape thread?
    Edited by Mendoze on September 25, 2014 11:17AM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »
    Does Teleport Strike teleports you to sorcerer or not? If it does, then I'd say sorcerers are not only ones who can teleport. Am I right or wrong? Also Teleport Strike has longer range than BE or any of it's morphs. If sorcerer uses it more than once, he has to pay higher price, and then he is out of range to do anything to NB. You are free to chase or go invis, you have tools for both.

    What on earth NB vs. DK AoE capabilities has to do with nerf Bolt Escape thread?

    It's because of how BE can stun others. But yes it can teleport you to the Sorc. And if they have enough Magicka Regen or magicka potions, they won't be out of the fight for long. They just need to stun you once.

    Now I was also saying that BE gets them out of the fight quickly, so of course they'd lose magicka, but then once they're out of magicka, they're already out of fighting range and can run.

    BE could also be used offensively by a Sorc who uses melee weapons to stun their opponent, allowing them to get the upper hand in any situation unless the opponent is an archer, but even then they could still BE towards them.
    Argonians always and forever.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go find me a decent sorcerer who doesn't use streak or BoL in some capacity - I guarantee you will struggle. Remove it and sorc will be a useless cannon fodder class when compared with the others who have distinct capabilities and strengths.

    Stop QQing already. It is threads and posts such as these that lead Zenimax to believe there is a problem (when the only problem is a L2P one) and ultimately contribute to the increasing unpopularity of the game (who wants to play the char they have spent hours on when forum QQers beg for Zenimax to cripple their chosen class?)

    Go play a sorc and use the skill and then come back and make some arguments other than "oh they can run away". Can we do uber self heals and tank 10 + people as well as take a few of them down? The answer to that question is no. Can we activate a cloak and disappear (run away?!!?) No. Can we activate a shield that keeps us up for ages as well as dealing phenomenal damage to those around us? No. Bolt escape is our ONLY class distinct survivability skill. That is why it is there and that is why it should remain.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

    Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Go play a sorc and use the skill and then come back and make some arguments other than "oh they can run away". Can we do uber self heals and tank 10 + people as well as take a few of them down? The answer to that question is no. Can we activate a cloak and disappear (run away?!!?) No. Can we activate a shield that keeps us up for ages as well as dealing phenomenal damage to those around us? No. Bolt escape is our ONLY class distinct survivability skill. That is why it is there and that is why it should remain.

    The cloak doesn't last that long and it won't work as an escape because if you get hit it deactivates the cloak, meaning that if a Sorc just keeps attacking (with any kind of weapon), cloak is useless. NB can't run away at all because of this. DK and Templar don't need to run away because they can (respectively) tank and do epic self heals. This meaning that it is almost impossible for a NB to run away unless they have Path of Darkness to increase their movement speed, or Cripple to stun them (which can be broken), or Agony to steal movement speed (which won't work against a Sorc with a staff or bow because of long range attacks), which all together is useless because it won't last long enough for us to escape. Both DK and Templar can use a charge to get up to us rather quickly, even with siphoned movement speed or Path of Darkness, and cloak is just a bad idea for PvP unless used to sneak up on someone from behind, but even then unless you have multiple abilities meant to stun, or if there are multiple enemies, you're done.
    Argonians always and forever.
Sign In or Register to comment.