Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

newbie NB at lvl 26 and not enthused with my bow - how does destruction staff work?

mossastrand
mossastrand
Soul Shriven
First post here, and I'm newb as fyck - playing less than a week and at lvl26.

I'm really digging my 2H build on the NB. Using a mix of assassination and 2H buttons. The damage is OK, though I'm still getting a hang of 3-4 mob pulls, since I don't seem to have any CC.

I had planned to use bow, but I never find myself pulling it out, and haven't got used to it. It's not inspiring, very slow and low DPS.

Any tips on leveling PVE skills for Destruction staff on a NB? I think I may go that direction instead. 2H NB doesn't seem to have much AOE, so the staff seems a smart path for my 2ndary buttons.

any playstyle tips and skills point suggestions would be much appreciated. tyvm!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did the same thing a few months back. I went right back to the bow:) I have not used a destruction staff very much. all I can say, is be sure you have a knockback, you are in all Light armor, and you have impulse slotted when you unlock it, as its the best AOE in the game.
    Edited by Cody on August 23, 2014 9:21PM
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow becomes really good once you get Snipe, A sneak attack snipe is alot of upfront damage. Once you start to get armor sets alot of bonus stamina and weapon damage the bow really starts to shine. but yah at low levels its not really that great.