The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are werewolves unfinished????

semp3rfi
semp3rfi
✭✭✭
So I had heard that werewolves were meh at best but I still decided to play one for fun in Non Vet PvP

I found them to be hugely broken more than weak.

Huge issues.

1: Ulti costs a rediculous amount for barely anytime. it SHOULD be like sorcerers overload where you can charge it up and turn it on and off at will, as long as you have charge left.

2: You cannot dodge roll, therefore you cannot break roots
You cannot break stuns
In the current state of the game you will not have a fight where these arent continously spammed at you. I would really like to know what the guy who designed this was smoking.

3: you cannot use personal buffs that arent werewolf.

4: Having two abilities that are lackluster (personal opinion)

5: No benefit in human form.

I had one fight where I wasnt hindered by CC spam and found that the autoattacks were quite powerful, so there is potential

I want to know is this being looked at? or was the team that come up with the werewolf skill line joking.
Edited by semp3rfi on August 21, 2014 8:33AM
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was like that from begining, and seems zos doesnt care. Vampirism is a huge advantage, WW is a disadvantage. That ZoS ballance
  • semp3rfi
    semp3rfi
    ✭✭✭
    nice. just nice
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It was stated on Quakecon that WWs get buffed soon. Lower ultimate, more damage and more time as WW was promised 'soon'.
    In the long run they want to add more skills to help with missing class skills as WW.
  • asterixchaos
    asterixchaos
    ✭✭✭
    I think that seeing more skills would help. Something like increased total stamina and/or a boost to health regen while in human form would be pretty nice and fit in line with a lot of other werewolf lore or previous Elder Scrolls stuff.

I really like the idea of having werewolf form being a toggle like Overload, and then making attacks with it reduce the charge overall. More for fun for RP, more useful as a skill, more incentive to use it.
    Arivanya Vraseth - Shady Altmer Noble Sorceress
    Dhalia - Bosmer Thief
    Lalolil Ozilamya - Imperial Bard and Secret Werewolf
    Prikaza Pumonca - Khajiit Thief/Assassin
    PC/NA
  • semp3rfi
    semp3rfi
    ✭✭✭
    number 1 priority should be CC breaking. that would make WW somewhat playable until they fix it
  • Azraeel
    Azraeel
    ✭✭✭
    I love the first point, would actually make me consider having one WW.
  • crydo
    crydo
    Soul Shriven
    I feel that ww could be changed in a different way; maybe do away with the limited time in ww form so that you could toggle it on and off at leisure. Maybe also change 'feed' to provide a small heal or temporary buff instead of extending the rather limited time in ww form which doesn't extend it that much anyway
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until being a WW is actually MORE powerful than being in your human form it will always be gimp.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 major updates and ZOS has yet to address WW in a meaningful way.
  • murphy1337ub17_ESO
    I think the WW ult may be worth using if you had CC immunity, a flat reduction to all damage (20%?) and get a flat health buff (500-1000?). Maybe a 10% increase to stam/health regen in human form as well since vamps get 10% stam/magicka. Vamps ult either heals them or makes them virtually immune to all damage via stealth and does massive unblockable aoe damage. It also has a minimal ultimate cost opposed to WWs 700~ and they typically spam pulsar (pvp) with it, which is also unblockable. Maybe also make WW attacks bypass like 20% of blocking as well?
    Edited by murphy1337ub17_ESO on August 23, 2014 12:19AM
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was stated on Quakecon that WWs get buffed soon. Lower ultimate, more damage and more time as WW was promised 'soon'.
    In the long run they want to add more skills to help with missing class skills as WW.

and they haven't mentioned it since.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Adding bonuses to WW in human form would lead them into nerfing something else in human form. Vamps have very low health regen, should WW in human form have very low magicka regen?

I agree w/ making the WW ultimate like overload. Make it so you do powerful attacks when you transform, but it costs ultimate points and you transform back into a human when the ultimate points run out. Make WW break out of any cc's with minimal cost. Also add a flat reduction to all damage taken. And make the ultimate scale w/ stamina, the more stamina you have, the less ult points you use when using WW abilites.

I'm a vamp, but I want WW to be fearsome beasts that strike terror in others, even in PVP. Vamps use magical utilities to make them effective. WW should be physical powerhouses who get in your face and shred you to pieces if you don't get out of the way.

And FTLOG make them run on all fours. They look like loony tune characters the way they move right now.
    Edited by felinith66 on August 23, 2014 7:56AM
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    felinith66 wrote: »
    Adding bonuses to WW in human form would lead them into nerfing something else in human form. Vamps have very low health regen, should WW in human form have very low magicka regen?

I agree w/ making the WW ultimate like overload. Make it so you do powerful attacks when you transform, but it costs ultimate points and you transform back into a human when the ultimate points run out. Make WW break out of any cc's with minimal cost. Also add a flat reduction to all damage taken. And make the ultimate scale w/ stamina, the more stamina you have, the less ult points you use when using WW abilites.

I'm a vamp, but I want WW to be fearsome beasts that strike terror in others, even in PVP. Vamps use magical utilities to make them effective. WW should be physical powerhouses who get in your face and shred you to pieces if you don't get out of the way.

And FTLOG make them run on all fours. They look like loony tune characters the way they move right now.

Sounds good, but you are forgetting balance. If WW became the fearsome beast that strikes terror in other in PvP, everyone would become one

Dont take me wrong, I agree it needs a revamp, but a sensible one, like vampires have. While vampire is badly hurt by fire (and majority of players nowdays run with fire stick), WWs weaknes are only 1 skill and 1 morph from Bow line, since players dont use poison (yet).

Then after fixing alchemy and introducing poisons, table might shift and we face unbalance again. ZOS needs to be careful with those

There must always be severe consequences so we dont play Twilight Scrolls Online
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get the first two passives in the WW line to apply while in humanoid form? or does it only apply while you are a wearwolf?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Ragefist wrote: »
    felinith66 wrote: »

Sounds good, but you are forgetting balance. If WW became the fearsome beast that strikes terror in other in PvP, everyone would become one

Dont take me wrong, I agree it needs a revamp, but a sensible one, like vampires have. While vampire is badly hurt by fire (and majority of players nowdays run with fire stick), WWs weaknes are only 1 skill and 1 morph from Bow line, since players dont use poison (yet).

Then after fixing alchemy and introducing poisons, table might shift and we face unbalance again. ZOS needs to be careful with those

There must always be severe consequences so we dont play Twilight Scrolls Online

They have to become basically a stamina build to become effective as a WW. Do you think everyone wants to become that? Everything he does in WW form will cost ultimate points. His attacks, his defenses, his cc breakout. So he becomes powerful in WW form, but once the ultimate runs out...

Severe consequences? Twilight Scrolls online? What are u so worried about? It's just a game. If it becomes OP then the devs will nerf it, like vamps.

And there were no werewolves in the Twilight movie
    Edited by felinith66 on August 26, 2014 9:55AM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    semp3rfi wrote: »
    So I had heard that werewolves were meh at best but I still decided to play one for fun in Non Vet PvP

I found them to be hugely broken more than weak.

Huge issues.

1: Ulti costs a rediculous amount for barely anytime. it SHOULD be like sorcerers overload where you can charge it up and turn it on and off at will, as long as you have charge left.
    It should be lower. 500 tops. That being said once you have leveled the transform it goes to 725
    2: You cannot dodge roll, therefore you cannot break roots
    You cannot break stuns
    In the current state of the game you will not have a fight where these arent continously spammed at you. I would really like to know what the guy who designed this was smoking.
    You can dodge out of roots. The WW goes on all fours for the dodge. You cannot break hard CC though, that's a problem
    3: you cannot use personal buffs that arent werewolf.
    Personal buffs like slotted skill buffs leave. I'm still not sure about other passives and procs. It is a problem. You need to be able to slot skills on the WW bar, and being able to use them would be nice. WW would need more animations for that though.

4: Having two abilities that are lackluster (personal opinion)
    The Ferocious Roar is amazing. It's a stam spamable fear, that fears 3 at a time, also disorients and sets off balance. If anyone is killed in this state it set's off a chain reaction that fears/disorients/off balances 3 more near by people. The result is when your pack meats their pack, thier pack blows up.

The leap is pretty awesome too imo. You can leap up to people. Since last patch it does not knock down off-balance targets. This is a buug with off-balance in general.

5: No benefit in human form.
    Yeah this sucks. 10% Stam would be nice, or 10% HP.
    I had one fight where I wasnt hindered by CC spam and found that the autoattacks were quite powerful, so there is potential
    Maaan I've crit smacked dudes for 1400. Seems like most range from 650-1k

I want to know is this being looked at? or was the team that come up with the werewolf skill line joking.
    I honestly believe they did not have the animations done at launch, because if I remember correctly there was no dodge animation, therefore no getting out of roots. I think they also added a interrupt animation recently. Idk animations may be the issue, idk though. It's buggy as hell too. Activating in crowds but not transforming, should not be happening 4 months in.

edit- when the server comes up, I'm going to try and trow some skills on my WW bar after transform. Has anyone else tried this?
    Edited by TheBull on August 25, 2014 1:12PM
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do you get the first two passives in the WW line to apply while in humanoid form? or does it only apply while you are a wearwolf?

First 2 passives only apply in WW form. The third passive gives 5 ultimate when in human form and being hit.

And its werewolf, not wearwolf ;)
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭

First 2 passives only apply in WW form. The third passive gives 5 ultimate when in human form and being hit.

And its werewolf, not wearwolf ;)

LOL....I like to WEAR my werewolf like a badge :)

Agree...they need to have some passives carry over into Human form, or lower the WW ultimate transformation and have it last WAY longer. And not sure if Devour is bugged, but I seem to get a hit or miss devour "X" to activate. Sometimes it comes up, sometimes it doesn't.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home