The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Slotted Passives

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'm hoping someone who has tested can clarify something for me. For certain abilities that offer a passive bonus for slotting it, such as Structured Entropy (Mages Guild skill) which gives 5% max health, do you retain the bonus when you weapon swap to your other hotbar?
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you lose it.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sucky. Can I ask which ability you tested this with?
  • Devlinne
    Devlinne
    ✭✭✭
    It says "plus whatever when ABILITY IS SLOTTED" So when u switch bars, it's a new bar, and if u don't have it on that bar....it's NOT SLOTTED.
    Can u imagine if this was not the case? i would just train up every passive slot skills, fill my second bar with it, and enjoy the boost on my main weapon.-___-

You're welcome.
    Devlinne: VR12 NB
    Demonos: VR12 Sorc
    Devin Flames: VR12 DK
    Hellzanger: VR12 Templar

Thats right. ALL CLASSES.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be that OP... you would likely be sacrificing a ton of utility (or dps, etc) to do it. Also, there aren't that many abilities with slotted passives and none of them are that amazing. I'm not sure why the caps rage, sir previous poster, but when you swap bars I would still consider both bars of abilities "slotted" at all times.

I know that you can cast abilities such as DoTs while in one bar and then weapon swap to the other bar and the DoT remains on the target. It would make sense that slotted passives should remain when you swap.
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    It would make sense that slotted passives should remain when you swap.

No, in fact it doesn't make sense. This is why the previous poster used caps to display what the text says right on the skill.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm mostly alone in my opinions on how it should work. Still, if you've been playing this game for any significant amount of time you know that misleading or incorrect tooltips are extremely common; no need to get all bent out of shape.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested that ability you refer to. Its not hard put in 1 bar, check your health, swap bars and notice the decrease - for me around 150 hp
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, you asked for clarification (which you got).

Not to start a discussion on what should or should not be the design.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Innocente - the intent wasn't to discuss design philosophy - I was just offering my guess/justification for thinking it might be the case. I don't know why I expected more constructive/educated input... I should know better.

The only constructive input was from Skafsgaard in the post immediately before yours.

I was hoping to avoid wasting a skill point if it turned out to not work. That's it.